New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which happens first: This thread hits 225 pages or the Kings say they are back in the Kovy chase

Part 2: what happens next after the above?...This thread hits 250 pages or the Kings say they are no longer in the running for Kovy

2.3 claims sharks are now in, so yes, previously uninterested teams have a way of magically appearing when the crappy bloggers are desperate.

The Latest on Sharks noise: http://sharks.hockey...e-word-chicago/

Sharks current roster/cap: http://www.nhlnumber...SJS&season=1011

Total Cap Hit 52.736

Estimated Cap Hit Bonus Cushion 0.290

Estimated Payroll LTIR Replacement 0.000

Players Signed Current Cap Space: 6.954 Million

In many years, we will learn that the Kings were never actually interested in Kovy. Rather, it was all an elaborate marketing scheme for In N Out Burger.

just like the big lebowski.

anyway lol @ the sharks getting involved, that's highly unlikely - it's not just about having the cap space for it, it's about having parts that can be moved. the sharks have 4 players making over 6.7 million a season. they could fit him in for one season if they dealt ryane clowe, but down the road, i doubt it.

Edited by Triumph

The Latest on Sharks noise: http://sharks.hockey...e-word-chicago/

That's what I've always thought about LA during this entire endeavor...by signing Kovy now...they'd put themselves in one hell of a mess later.

I don't think this applies so much to the devils...besides parise's raise next year, there aren't many up-and-coming stars in the system who'll require huge raises anytime soon.

anyway lol @ the sharks getting involved, that's highly unlikely - it's not just about having the cap space for it, it's about having parts that can be moved. the sharks have 4 players making over 6.7 million a season. they could fit him in for one season if they dealt ryane clowe, but down the road, i doubt it.

You could make a very similar argument for the Devils could you not?

I think it's clear at this point that no team can comfortably fit Kovy cept for a team like the Islanders who have other bigger problems (like lack of revenue). It's just a matter if the GM wants to commit the cap space and move the proper players to make it work. Maybe the Sharks decide to let Joe Thornton go after this year for example?

It's just a question of whether they want to, my guess is they don't since they need D but who knows?.

What's sad is we all keep coming back. I feel like I'm sorting glue at this point. I must admit there is a level of ammusement to the fact that none of the reporters seem to know what they are talking about.

What's almost worse is the total apathy amongst the bigger hockey writers. They're all "whatever, Grossman will tweet it immediately".

I think a majority of everyone is apathetic at this point. Kovy has almost painted himself into a corner with the salary demands and everything. From the outside looking in it looks like he has three choices: LA, NJ or Russia but he is holding out for some miracle to happen and have some other team come in and give him 100 mill over ten years and guarantee a cup. most teams have already made moves. He should just sh&t or get off the pot already.