skate at ameri health pavilion

njd3b1ink

I didnt find out about this till yesterday, but for STH there was a skate today at ameri-health pavilion today. Our understanding was that it was starting at 1045, but it actually started at 945. We live more than an hr away and by the time we got there, there was only 58 minutes left in the skate. We told the devils reps there that we drove an hr and they offered to give us a tour. It was definitely nice of them to do. There was some pretty cool stuff they showed and told us.

First they took us over to the locker rooms for the nets, devils, and visitors. He said the nets locker room was a dump and that it almost had a highschool feel to it. He also said the visiting NBA team wud use the visiting NHL locker room. Apparently the nets would post pictures of the barclay center in the visiting locker room. He said this pissed alot of the NBA gms/owners off cause it was kinda a form of recruiting come UFA. Another thing i found kind of amussing was that the NHL locker rooms have signs on them that say "authorized personnel only. By order of gary b bettman commissioner." He showed us the platinum lounge which i did not know about. Its basically an ice level lounge that fire/ice lounge ticket holders get access to. It has private bar tenders, couches, tvs, etc. He said the frustration is that the majority of people that own fire/ice lounge seats are corporations, and that the majority of people that use this lounge use it as a place to do business rather than watch the game.

Also that the devils have the most "premium seating" than any other NHL team. He said its a catch 22 cause its great for revenue, but most people are either in this platinum lounge during the game, or they are at the bar area of the fire/ice lounge and since those seats are tv visable it always looks completely empty.

From there we went into the middle of prudential where the ice should be. I noticed there was a gap in between banners and asked if the eastern conference champs 2012 banner was going there and he said he actually wasnt sure if they are even putting a banner up. He said when they won the cup in 2003 they didnt put up the conference champs banner because they dont consider it as prestigious. So there actually might not be a banner. Next we went to the practice locker room. Something surprising is that this locker room is actually better than their game day locker room. He said its cause they spend so much time in the practice locker room, and that the game day locker room is mainly just for congregation before and after games. We left after this. They offered to show us more of the arena but most of the things we had already seen. It was kinda cool, and pretty nice that they did that for us

That could have been what he meant. It was strange though that the only one remaining was the one from 2001. All the banners on the one side of the arena were atlantic champs except the eastern champs 2001 banner. I checked the other side to see if they had moved over with the cup banners but they were not there.