GDT 8: Devils Vs Rangers

Cachorro Louco

Jagr has been really good since game 3.

This may say more about our offense than how good he really is, but there is no one else I trust more on this team with the puck than jagr. His vision and ability to keep control of the puck in the middle of defenders is still top notch.

His speed (and on longer shifts endurance) on the other hand is rough to watch, but I think Pete has been smartly resting him early in games so he has enough energy left late.

This may say more about our offense than how good he really is, but there is no one else I trust more on this team with the puck than jagr. His vision and ability to keep control of the puck in the middle of defenders is still top notch.

His speed (and on longer shifts endurance) on the other hand is rough to watch, but I think Pete has been smartly resting him early in games so he has enough energy left late.

Jagr can do pretty much everything still except skate and his holding onto the puck in the corners and away from defenders is his trademark. He's just slow as holy hell

I didn't see last night's game - I don't think Jagr is slow necessarily, when he gets up to top speed he can move - but his acceleration is shot.  He can still back off defenders if he has a clear lane blueline to blueline.

Jagr was basically a guy the Rags couldn't get the puck away from last night.  He had two assists mostly due to his hard work more than his passing.  I think he's looked great since game 3 overall.

Jagr can still protect the puck well. His strength in the corners makes it very difficult on opponents. He might not have the same acceleration or finish. But the heart and head are still there. If you ever got your power play working, #68 can be a great asset. Still got the uncanny ability to set up teammates. I was rooting for him to score at the end.

Jagr's looked great since Game 3, like "Mike Brown" said. Dramatic transformation since two horrible performances in Games 1 and 2. I think DeBoer and the power play are utilizing him correctly. He's like a forcefield around the puck. I knew that's what we were getting when we signed him but it's great to see it in action. How he gets out of some crazy pressure-filled situations with 2-3-4 guys around him and makes it out with the puck to set up the open man blows my mind.

As long as we keep utilizing him correctly, I don't think his stamina or age will be an issue by year's end. Don't use him on the rush, don't use him on the penalty kill. Just use him as a stationary playmaker.

I didn't see last night's game - I don't think Jagr is slow necessarily, when he gets up to top speed he can move - but his acceleration is shot.  He can still back off defenders if he has a clear lane blueline to blueline.

his speed was fine last night - he gained the zone with speed a couple of times. I was very happy with his game.

This is what I'm keeping in perspective. You're just like all of the other ones. PhillyDev. PhuckingKillAvery. Chorske. You seem to loathe the team; every loss and the world is ending, every win and the world will probably end tomorrow. You're obnoxious, you troll because you either think it's funny or you truly have an abrasive, horrendous personality. I hope to god it's the former. I don't care, you'll be gone soon like all of the others. I tend to believe your mom didn't hug you enough as a child, but whatever it is I sincerely cannot wait for the day you decide to stop posting here.

I think PhillyDev really took the top prize. 

Though the guy who wished for Fayne to get seriously injured a couple seasons ago was a close second.

I think PhillyDev really took the top prize. 

Though the guy who wished for Fayne to get seriously injured a couple seasons ago was a close second.

We always get the best trolls here. On other sites, like r/devils, at least trolls will identify themselves as opposing fans... here we still get people that try to pose as Devils fans