2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Trotz possible for Vancouver. Apparently, Hextall possible for Vancouver and Washington as a GM. Snider is back though.

hextall looks like he's taking over for Holmgren in Philly 

Missed the first - any softies by the Flower?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Didn't see the first goal, the second wasn't his fault though. Richards was left all alone in the slot on the second one and it was pretty much a slam dunk. The problem on the second goal is that just moments before, the Pens were called for a hand pass that wasn't even close. In fact, they had the face-off inside the Rangers' zone because of how egregious an error it was. Pens lost the draw, Rags went down and scored almost right away.

hextall looks like he's taking over for Holmgren in Philly

Where did you hear/see that? Edited by MadDog2020

If the Wild beat Colorado, Chicago and the Ducks/LA back-to-back-to-back well good for them, they deserve it.  Same with the Rangers going against the Flyers, Pens and Boston/Montreal.  I still don't think either will run that gauntlet, but it wouldn't shock me if Sterio took a vacation from this board for two weeks as we all bandwagon it up for the Habs to knock off the Rangers :P

Do a side-by-side with the Rangers' season compared to our 2012, it'll make you puke...bear in mind both teams had new coaches and new systems and got off to slow starts:

Their first 36 games: 16-18-2, Our first 36 games: 20-15-1 (including nine of our SO wins)

Their last 46 games: 29-13-4, Our last 46 games: 28-13-5

They acquire St. Louis in the headline trade, switch Del Zotto for Kevin Klein and make a big secondary addition in Carcillo

We acquire Zidlicky and make secondary additions like Poni and Carter.

Not much is expected of either but both win their first-round series by one goal in game seven against a team most did expect them to beat.  Each faced a division foe expected to beat them in round two.

Edited by NJDevs26

Parise leads the playoffs in scoring. Rofl, you can't make this sh!t up. Between that and the Rags, the hockey gods just can't rub enough salt in our wounds can they?

The Rags are going to the finals... Maybe Boston can stop them, but I fear not.

Parise, puke