Wedgewood sent down to Trenton

SterioDesign

If there were a season on, it'd be fine because one of 4 goalies above him getting hurt means moving up to the higher league. Now there's only 2. But yeah, far from the end of the world - the other guys have more experience and are older, and the Devils have the oldest goaltending tandem in NHL history - they need to see if these guys can hack it.

At this point, I do not think Marty's replacement is currently in the system. I dismissed the thought of drafting and grooming a player to be the next franchise goalie in 2003. There was no point since #30 was going to be around for awhile.....

The answer will be in free agency/trade....

Not an ideal situation for Wedgewood, he may end up being the backup.

nah I don't think that's true. I think they will split time for the first month or so then the better of the two gets more games. Wedgewood was destined to go to Trenton for the last few weeks, I'm sure the understanding was he would not rot on the bench.

This is good for Wedgewood. The ECHL has traditionally been an offensive league so he's going to see a ton of rubber. At this level, goaltenders usually split time throughout most of the season so playing time shouldn't be an issue.

I'm talking in the ECHL. Hovinen is a pretty damn good european goaltender who was drafted 5th round by Minny.

And so am I. There's two goalies above Hovinen in the organization where he's playing. There's two goalies above Wedgewood in the Devils organization. An injury to any of them and Wedgewood is no longer the backup in Trenton - that is, even assuming he would be a backup anyway.

played very well tonight getting the win in Reading, Gave up one soft one but was very good otherwise. Trenton laid back the second half of the game after jumping out to a big lead and he stood tall. Off to good start. Haczyk sat this one out, Nagy out a week as stated before with a skate cut. Two new guys dressed and were the best Titans on the night. Haczyk may have a hard time staying in the lineup.

Edited by titans04