Devils sign Bobby Butler

thelastonealive

What I'd like to aim for with lines are a bit different then a lot of you. I think a line-up that looks like mine below could work and it would be the most balanced.

Kovalchuk-Zubrus-Butler , I like the idea that someone mentioned, about Kovy hitting the trailer a lot upon zone entry. That would hopefully be Butler, seeing he has a great shot. As for why I choose Zubrus over Zajac, well because you want a body in front you have two snipers. Who better to screen then one of the tallest centres in the league. Zubie would also help prying pucks and grinding down low in the corners.

Elias-Zajac-Tedenby , I think Teddy would benefit greatly from playing with our two best defensive forwards. It would almost be homicidal to our bottom-6 if we keep him on a line with another younger player like Josefson or Henrique, basically players that could give him no guidance. Trav and Patty are possibly the best two players for Teddy to be matched with.

Josefson/Henrique-Josefson/Henrique-Clarkson , I think this line would be one of the best 3rd lines in the league. While I believe Clarkson's productivity will decrease as much as half, I think this line in general could expect some decent production from Josefson and I feel if Henrique gets his PP time, he will be a lock for 20 goals, even if he does get bottom-6 minutes. And I feel YaYo and Adam are both solid defensively, well on par with each other, so the centreman position will mainly be decided by whose hotter on the draw.

Gionta-Carter-Bernier , general consensus for line 4. I even feel that we should sign a reserve forward to plug into the top-9, barring any injuries there. This line should remain in tact by all means possible.

I may also give guys like Butler and Teddy some time on the 2nd PP, they could gain some confidence that way if all works out.

Edited by Jerseydevils0324

Not a fan of sticking our best two way players on the same line in Elias and Zajac. Zajac and Kovalchuk have shown the ability to play great together, even make terrible players into NHLer's (Palmieri). I think Tedenby will start on the third line, much stronger than our third line last year. If he cannot produce with JJ and Clarkson then that is really sad for him.