2014 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

Hickey did work tonight... Traded down twice to the end of the second (picking up a 4 and a 5) and took Jarvis Landry, WR from LSU. I've yet to read anything negative about this kid. Mayock and McShay said he is the toughest receiver in the draft bar none. Fights for every ball that comes near him. The only reason he slipped was his 40-time. Dude catches EVERYTHING and gets serious RAC. Has the potential to be a great slot receiver and a serious weapon for Tannehill. Then he traded up in the 3rd with Oakland, (giving up one of our now two 4's) to get Billy Turner, OT NDSU. Looks like he'll get run at both guard and tackle from what Hickey said shortly after making the pick, and could start at guard. Very good day 2, keep up the good work on day 3 Mr. Hickey!

The Landry pick seemed to redeem him a bit, but I really don't like the James pick, especially since it seems the two lineman taken at the beginning of the second round were better. I dunno the guy just looks like an old man that's slow, but maybe I'm wrong.

I guess though that I kind of understand what Hickey has been doing the offseason, which is getting as many guys to fill in the O-line as possible, and hope enough of them are good enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The organization really needs to lock down fvcking Twitter at this point, its ridiculous. Truth is, while I have no issue with gay people whatsoever and I'm happy for Michael Sam, that whole thing was very tough to watch... I was uncomfortable watching it. I'm sure others were as well. But Don Jones and everyone else on the team should know better after the Martin/Incognito garbage that you don't go posting sh!t like that on Twitter because there's absolutely nothing to gain from it. There's no excuse at this point...

The organization really needs to lock down fvcking Twitter at this point, its ridiculous. Truth is, while I have no issue with gay people whatsoever and I'm happy for Michael Sam, that whole thing was very tough to watch... I was uncomfortable watching it. I'm sure others were as well. But Don Jones and everyone else on the team should know better after the Martin/Incognito garbage that you don't go posting sh!t like that on Twitter because there's absolutely nothing to gain from it. There's no excuse at this point...

Yeah, I thought the whole thing was pretty innocuous, and it's pretty ridiculous that the guy has to go to sensitivity training. I'd venture a guess that most people are weirded our by it, but whatevs.

There's a reason why Lou's special sauce involves a no twitter policy.

Edit, which reminds me when the Devils used to do the kiss cam and would always end with two guys wearing the visiting team's jersey. The DOJ's civil rights division would launch a full scale investigation if that happened these days. How things have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel

Yeah, I thought the whole thing was pretty innocuous, and it's pretty ridiculous that the guy has to go to sensitivity training. I'd venture a guess that most people are weirded our by it, but whatevs.

There's a reason why Lou's special sauce involves a no twitter policy.

Edit, which reminds me when the Devils used to do the kiss cam and would always end with two guys wearing the visiting team's jersey. The DOJ's civil rights division would launch a full scale investigation if that happened these days. How things have changed.

I think sensitivity training is obsurd, but its the world we live in now... Eventually these guys need to realize that while no one begrudges anyone their opinion, you can't go putting controversial sh!t on Twitter because you represent the organization, and you WILL be reprimanded/fined/cut depending on what gets said and who it pisses off. Its just the way it is.

Sensitivity training is what this idiot needs. He can't live in a bubble.

Sensitivity training is useless and accomplishes nothing. Penn & Teller did a great show on it.

Some people should be sent to grow thicker skin training.

Sensitivity training is useless and accomplishes nothing. Penn & Teller did a great show on it.

Some people should be sent to grow thicker skin training.

Sensitivity training creates awareness of a problem.    Penn and Teller????

Sensitivity training creates awareness of a problem. Penn and Teller????

It was on their show Bullsh!t on Showtime. They showed what actually goes on in these sensitivity training sessions, and presented data showing that it doesn't achieve its stated goals, or at the very least there's no data at all that even suggests that it does.

It's basically a CYA measure devised by employment attorneys.

It was on their show Bullsh!t on Showtime. They showed what actually goes on in these sensitivity training sessions, and presented data showing that it doesn't achieve its stated goals, or at the very least there's no data at all that even suggests that it does.

It's basically a CYA measure devised by employment attorneys.

Totally understand the legal perspective.  I think a lot will vary on content of the course, etc.   Is that show still on?

Totally understand the legal perspective. I think a lot will vary on content of the course, etc. Is that show still on?

Nah, it's been off the air for a few years now. If you look around you should be able to watch most episodes.

Edit, the episode is available on YouTube

Edited by Daniel

Dolphins NYC fanclub already has the signup information available for the 2014 MetLIfe Takeover.  Maddog, I know you have your superstition issues, but it really is a lot of fun, and highly recommend that you and other local Phin fans go. 

http://www.dolfansnyc.com/2014/05/16/sign-up-for-the-2014-metlifetakeover/

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4FAEA72DABF94-monday

Dolphins NYC fanclub already has the signup information available for the 2014 MetLIfe Takeover. Maddog, I know you have your superstition issues, but it really is a lot of fun, and highly recommend that you and other local Phin fans go.

http://www.dolfansnyc.com/2014/05/16/sign-up-for-the-2014-metlifetakeover/

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4FAEA72DABF94-monday

Yeah I saw they had the info up- I'll see. I've been wanting to make it out for a couple years, this could be the year. But yeah you're right- I'm very superstitious lol. They always lose when I go. I'd like to think I'm due for a win, its been a while.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well training camp is well underway. First day in pads today. Jarvis Landry has really impressed so far. Every tweet I read about him the last three days has said you put the ball near him, he catches it. He's a vacuum. As long as he stays healthy, this kid has the potential to be a major steal for us.

Well training camp is well underway. First day in pads today. Jarvis Landry has really impressed so far. Every tweet I read about him the last three days has said you put the ball near him, he catches it. He's a vacuum. As long as he stays healthy, this kid has the potential to be a major steal for us.

They said this stuff about Brian 7-11 Hogan too.

They said this stuff about Brian 7-11 Hogan too.

Yeah... He wasn't a second round pick with a track record of success at an SEC school. You really need to work on your comparisons. Anyway, good read about Philbin being on the hot seat: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/26/4256893/greg-cote-signs-suggest-miami.html

Yeah... He wasn't a second round pick with a track record of success at an SEC school. You really need to work on your comparisons. Anyway, good read about Philbin being on the hot seat: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/26/4256893/greg-cote-signs-suggest-miami.html

I get the distinction. We just always here this stuff about our draft picks, and they all underwhelm basically without exception. Let's at least wait until a preseason game to call a late second round pick anything other than hopefully being a bona fide starter.

I get the distinction. We just always here this stuff about our draft picks, and they all underwhelm basically without exception. Let's at least wait until a preseason game to call a late second round pick anything other than hopefully being a bona fide starter.

I hear ya. But hey, we need something to try and get excited about right? If we had the WR depth that we have at other positions on the roster, we'd be a SB contender. WR and d-line are looking like the deepest spots on the roster.