GDT: 10/25 Nj Devils @ LA Kings 7:30pm PST

DevilinLA

Who takes Sykora's spot on the first line. Tedenby? I'm actually intrigued to see how we would perform on that line.

that would be one fast line damn, Kovy Parise Tedenby... but Teddy seems to be the only one making Clarkson score so i'd keep them together

the game starts at 11:30 (my time) its gonna be a late one geez

Albany is battling injuries up front as well. I agree with Tri, Veilleux is the best option available. He will give good board play and could chip in the odd goal.

The last year he played with Tampa, he was with the worst possible linemates and had decently tough competition. He draws more penalties then he takes, plus he had a zone start of 39%. I think it's safe to say he got really tough minutes in Tampa. His relative CORSI in Tampa was +.1. Thinking about this...how the hell didn't he stay in the NHL after this season.

09-10

Relative CORSI QOC - .423

Relative CORSI QOT - -2.251

PDO - 961

On CORSI - -4.74

Relative CORSI - +.1

Zone start - 39.4%

PTake - .9

Pdraw - 1.2

08-09

Relative CORSI QOC - .899

Relative CORSI QOT - -1.209

PDO - 977

On CORSI - -10.33

Relative CORSI - -6.6

Zone start - 29.0%

PTake - .7

Pdraw - 1.0

This guy should on on our 4th line, it may become respectable.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

dont be fooled by Steckel. After watching several games of him in Toronto, it is apparent that he didnt try here. In the game last night, he put more effort in one period than he did in the 15+ games here.

I'm not fooled by Steckel, probably a poor 3rd line center but a great 4th line center..especially with linemates like Zharkov and Veilleux.

I'm not fooled by Steckel, probably a poor 3rd line center but a great 4th line center..especially with linemates like Zharkov and Veilleux.

Well, iirc, you were happy (or maybe indifferent) about the Steckel trade. What has made you change your mind? Is it that Deboer has chosen the wrong guys, or Steckel has proved you wrong in TOR?

Well, iirc, you were happy (or maybe indifferent) about the Steckel trade. What has made you change your mind? Is it that Deboer has chosen the wrong guys, or Steckel has proved you wrong in TOR?

I hated the trade all along. I knew our 4th line would instantly suck.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

yeah i like veilleux too but he's always been a bad shooter and his linemates haven't helped. also he had some real awful seasons abroad last year. but i think he should get the call up if the 4th line continues to flounder.

+1, though he and Zharkov would not be a good combo -- 2 lousy shooters. Might as well keep a goon.

How much better would a Veilleux - Steckel - Zharkov 4th line be :/

what's the identity? all you've got is a guy that plays well on the boards, a faceoff ace who can PK and a guy who seems to drive play and draw penalties but can't score.

there's nobody there that can keep clarkson from fighting, "create energy", or allow for easy kovy double shifts.

what's the identity? all you've got is a guy that plays well on the boards, a faceoff ace who can PK and a guy who seems to drive play and draw penalties but can't score.

there's nobody there that can keep clarkson from fighting, "create energy", or allow for easy kovy double shifts.

Identity is overrated. I think a 4th line pinning the other team for 45 seconds is better then a fight.