PreSeason GDT Devils vs Flyers

lazer

Josefson played a great game, yet again. No points tonight, but he is looking like the first rounder we were expecting. Poor guy probably won't catch a break this season though.

I hope he's not stuck in a 6 min/night spot this season. Don't know what PDB has against him, and I know it's only preseason, but sometimes it seems like a player's reputation means more than his performance a lot of the time. Not a great way to let players grow and help the team, imo.

Olesz: had better games than tonight. Based on the preseason as a whole, he'll definitely be on the team.

Josefson played a great game, yet again. No points tonight, but he is looking like the first rounder we were expecting. Poor guy probably won't catch a break this season though.

I hope he's not stuck in a 6 min/night spot this season. Don't know what PDB has against him, and I know it's only preseason, but sometimes it seems like a player's reputation means more than his performance a lot of the time. Not a great way to let players grow and help the team, imo.

Olesz: had better games than tonight. Based on the preseason as a whole, he'll definitely be on the team.

Olesz should be a no brainer to be on the team.

My thought was i would like to see a josefson on the third line not a olesz... Olesz has been good but you know he is not that young and he is not gonna improve like josefson can... I always love JJ and i would pick him ahead of olesz (younger and bring more speedto our team)

My thought was i would like to see a josefson on the third line not a olesz... Olesz has been good but you know he is not that young and he is not gonna improve like josefson can... I always love JJ and i would pick him ahead of olesz (younger and bring more speedto our team)

Olesz also crushed the AHL last year, when he played, and has scored a lot more at the NHL level than Josfeson has.

That's not saying that Josfeson is bad or will never better than Olesz, but for this coming season I would probably put my money on Olesz. given equal offensive opportunity.

Olesz is also only 27, he's not an old man whose best days are behind him.

GP     G     A     P

Ryder           4       2      1     3

Elias             2       1      2     3

Gelinas         3       1      2     3

Brunner        4       1      2     3

Josefson       6       1      2     3

Zajac             4       0      3     3

Zidlicky         3       2      0     2

Bernier         4       2      0     2

Merrill           3       1      1     2

Larsson        4       1      1     2

Zubrus          4       1      1     2

Olesz            5       1      1     2

Clowe           3       0      2     2

Salvador       3       0      2     2

Greene         3       0      2     2

Henrique      4       0      2     2

Harrold         4      0      2     2

Tedenby       1      1      0     1

Sislo             2      1      0     1

Pelley            1      0     1     1

Loktionov     3      0      1     1

Urbom          3      0      1     1

tried to do a quick pre season scoring summary hah woops

Edited by lazer

Oh HFboards :doh1: ....I like to read the opponents GDT for comedy, either that or I have run out of Devils threads to read thru...

Originally Posted by BernieParent viewpost.gif
However, I doubt the Devils line-up was 100% NHLers.

Even if it was made up of the 100% NHLers, the Devils have perhaps the worst roster in the NHL. They might end having a winning record against only the Hurricanes and Flyers this year in the Met.