Devils Alumni/Colonials Sandy relief game tonight in Morristown

95Crash

Ice Hockey: New Jersey Devils Alumni/Colonials sharpen skates to aid in Sandy relief

Call it "The War to Restore The Shore.”

The New Jersey Colonials, one of the premier high school club organizations in the Garden State, and the New Jersey Devils Alumni Association will take to the ice at Mennen Arena in Morris Township Friday night at 7 p.m. in an collaboration effort to benefit the victims of Hurricane Sandy.

The charity event will look to raise funds and gather much-needed food items to replenish local food banks for communities ravaged by Hurricane Sandy.

NEW JERSEY COLONIALS VS NEW JERSEY DEVILS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16, MENNEN ARENA, RINK 1; 7:00-9:00 PM

Adults: $10; Youth/child: $5.

Here’s what you can do to help:

Bring your friends and family to Mennen Friday, November 16. Bring non-perishable food items or other donations.

http://www.nj.com/hs...ndy_relief.html

Had a great time tonight! Big hats off to Coach DeBoer and his wife Sue, as they put this whole thing together in conjunction with the Colonials and the Devils Alumni Association. Thanks for helping put this together to help our community, coach! Devs alums that were there were: Bruce Driver, Johnny Mac, Sarge, Jimmy Dowd, Sergei Starikov (who, may I add, has gained a LOT of weight lol), Grant Marshall, Terreri, Dano, Krystov Oliwa (POLISH HAMMER!!!), and Randy Velischeck among others. Even Kevin Clark was there on the PA! A great time was had by all. And Grant Marshall had a couple Ovechkin-like beauts tonight, he looked like he could still play lol.

I went too. My first time ever at Mennen Arena. Nice atmosphere.

It was sort of strange, but yet pretty cool, seeing Coach DeBoer and Johnny Mac on the ice together in Devils red. And like MadDog2020 said, it was great to see Sarge and Oliwa suited up again!

Awesome!! Good sized crowd? I would have loved to be there but I'm in South Jerz this weekend (just met a Devils fan down here too haha)

. Definitely a nice crowd, most of the rink seats were full, and there was a nice standing group behind the net the Devs Alums were shooting at. They raised $34,000 in total! Once again, thanks to coach DeBoer, the Colonials, and the Devs Alumni Association for a great evening!