Official 2009 New York Mets Offseason Thread

Prucenterrules

uh God. 2nd and 3rd, 0 out..

Reds get a run.. the lefty Bruce is up, cmon Johan you really need to get this guy.

-Gets Bruce to pop up.. 2 out.

Wow, Santana is taken out by Manuel......

> Green is coming to face the righty Encarnacion.. i dont agree at all with taking Johan out he was up to 99 pitches.. lets hope Jerry pulled the right string.. if not he'll be taking some heat from the media tomorrow.

A miserable day, a tough first inning...might as well not overdo things with Santana on Opening Day see what this 'pen is made of.

And Murph makes the catch! Yikes!

Murphy makes the catch. My heart was in my throat when the ball hit that bat.. my God...

A miserable day, a tough first inning...might as well not overdo things with Santana on Opening Day see what this 'pen is made of.

this is very true, the cold weather certainly factors into his decision. well at least Green got through it! 7th, 8th, 9th to go... this should be an interesting finish..

Hopefully we get some damn insurance runs.

So far Murphy and Church making their cases to stay in the lineup :lol:

Yeah, can't really leave in Santana to pitch to Encarnacion because of that and he does see the ball well off him (4-5 with 2 HR's), walking him isn't appealing both because you put the lead run on base and because his pitch total might go up to 110 if he does face the next hitter.

Edited by Hasan4978

This game is starting to have all too familiar a feel...

I'm guessing Putz will get the 8th.

This game is starting to have all too familiar a feel...

I'm guessing Putz will get the 8th.

Agreed, the bats have gone ice cold late in a game.. all thats left is the.... well, you know :whistling:

lets hope it doesn't happen with JJ and KRod due up.

Good relief for Green in the 7th and now Putz in the 8th.

Still it is only the 1st game but it seems like the same old Mets when it comes to men LOB. 11 men LOB so far this game by the Mets and it could have been a blowout with a few hits.

KRod we all know will pitch the 9th. Mets new vamped BP so far so good.

It was a nice HR by Murphy and hope he has a big year. Castillo not too bad today with the double and scoring the second run.

Putz, Krod. This is why we got them.

Yep closing time for the Mets. Get er done... :P

This is what Mets fans have been waiting for and its here in the 1st game of the season.

Schneider couldn't hang onto the strikeout pitch (more overrated defense).. Votto coming up with tieing run on first, 1 out.

This wont be easy for Putz b/c Bruce 2 batters away, another lefty

> Putz blows away Votto with the heater! 2 away.. not out of the woods quite yet. Gotta get this righty out, i dont want the lefty Bruce up vs Putz

Edited by nmigliore

Putz Up to K-Rod (or the Mets offense) to provide a storybook finish now.

Storybook for the Mets or the Reds?

Is anyone going to be surprised if KRod pulls a Looper here?

C'mon KROD! Bring it home!

Delgado with a base hit and Wright could have been on 2nd with one out. Instead Delgado on 1st with 2-outs. Beltan pops out for the 3rd out.

Now the Mets KRod makes his debut in Game 1 for the Mets to see hopefully his 1st save of many this season in a 2-1 game.

I never liked this mentality (I'm not singling you out...announcers do it all the time).

If Wright hadn't been picked off then, at that point, you're operating off a different timeline. Think Back to the Future 2. Maybe they pitch Delgado differently with a runner on, etc. Chances are the pitch sequence would have been different.

TWO OUTS...C'mon...

KRod in the bottom of the 9th...

CMON KROD!!!

Jay Bruce grounds out to KRod one out.

Pop up in foul territory two outs.

Hernandez strikes out!

and the GAME IS OVER!

METS WIN!!! :boogie:

PUT IT IN THE BOOKS!!!! METS WIN another opening day game! Mets now 31-17 on opening day best in MLB.

KRod with save #1 on the season and Santana wins Game 1 and is 1-0 on the season. :koolaid: