NFL Week 12

CRASHER

See now this is the week the Thursday games SHOULD start (no this isn’t some kinda Cowboys fan thing that we should be first….it feels like too much too soon otherwise, it is kinda odd there’s only one Saturday Game all year and that one is on Christmas Day and it SUCKS honestly…), but anyway….get yo’turkey and then get yo’popcorn and get ready for the NFL stretch run…it’s gonna be good this year (and damn it comes SO FAST each year…can’t wait for 18 weeks!!)

Thursday Nov. 25:

12:30pm:

Patriots at Lions:

Believe it or not this could be a good little game, the Lions are young and scrappy (that disgrace in Dallas aside last Sunday) and have some talent, not to mention Calvin Johnson’s gonna be a match-up mess for the Pats…but New England has the most balanced and complete offense that they’ve had since the Corey Dillion Super Bowl years…(Green-Ellis and that white Kevin Faulk clone run the ball well, the TE’s are producing and the WR’s are spread out…it’s so hard to defend a team that comes at you seven different ways….) and the defense is getting just a little bit better (look at those two 4th quarter INT’s on Manning last week)….the short week is not an issue for a seasoned team like the Pats, and as much as I wanna find a reason to go pro-Lions…I can’t!

Prediction: Pats

Game Quality: ** ½ (I hope the Lions can give what I think they can)

4pm:

Saints at Cowboys:

It’s not very often that a team that wins its first Super Bowl the year before has a revenge game lined up outside of their division the year after….but here it comes…last year the Cowboys came out and attacked and beat them up…hell they damn near exposed the Saints (if they had lost people would have pointed to this game as why too)….here we go almost a year later, New Orleans comes into Dallas (and they should thank the NFL for that bye week dressed up as Seahawk players), and look ready to go!! I have no idea if Bush and Thomas will be in this one (sh!t they were supposed to be on SUNDAY, ah well not like they needed them….they might need them in this one)….much to my own personal hatred the Cowboys are starting to play under Team Ginger, and won’t be an easy out for ANYONE this year now (CMON 3-13??)…and the Cowboys schedule starts to get NASTY now too, but still beating up on a Giant team that didn’t show up and getting lucky on the Lions ain’t enough to have my buying into this one….just gimme a good game cause the nieces are in Queens and I can pay full attention to this one!

Prediction: Saints

Game Quality: **** (Both teams WILL come to play)

8pm:

Bengals at Jets:

And then your Thanksgiving day of football turns into a luscious steamy pile of poo (well I guess it usually does after you eat all that crap anyway…. The digestive process could be a whole other rant though)…so for now we’ll go to the sh!t on the field…. Calm down Jet fans…I’m bashing the Bengals this time!!! Uninspired, poor QB play, awful defense and a spotty running game…it’s all gone wrong for Cinci since they took the week 17 game off in this very arena last year….and it’s showing no signs of coming back….irony, TO’s been a good trooper, played hard and if I gave a monkey’s piss about the Pro Bowl, I’d say TO’s been Pro Bowl worthy (or certainly worthy of starting each week on your fantasy football team *whistles…what me, controversy?*)…..either way I’d love to say this game is gonna suck, but the jets do play AWFUL cocky and let these crappy teams stick around and make it scary…..

Prediction: Jets

Game Quality: ** (I can see me finding a good movie by halftime)

Sunday Nov 28:

1pm:

Tennessee at Houston:

OH BOY!!! It’s the team with the QB who’s thumb is up his ass (hell VY stuck it so far up there he TORE LIGAMENTS, and then made it worse doing his best Brandon Jacobs equipment tossing impression) against the head coach who has the WHOLE TEAM playing with its head up its ass (time to go Gary Kubiak and be happy you have the joy of knowing you at least outlasted Brad Childress!)….I love Jeff Fisher and all and I don’t blame him for having ENOUGH of Young (who I had hoped had grown up….but oh well)….now Fisher’s relying on a Rusty Trombone to get the job done….least he knows enough to try to throw to Randy Moss (weird how all this crazy crap happens when Randy Moss shows up…it’s like a Kovalchuk-syndrome)….I really have no clue how to figure this game out now….both of these teams are clusterfracks now, and neither one is going ANYWHERE….but I’ll take the famous “best guess” and go with the Texcians are due one from fate and the last few weeks…..

Winner: Texans

Game Quality: * ¾ (Not TRUE anti-football but this could be comical!)

Green Bay at Atlanta:

Hot damn this is a BIG TIME football game… a little too early to be talking home field advantage and bye weeks and all that stuff…but it does take me back to when Green Bay was invincible at home, and a lil Atlanta team that could (and look…irony…was lead by ol’Ron Mexico himself!)….walked into the FROZEN TUNDRA and handed the Packers their first ever playoff loss in Lambeau….and now time passes and here are the Falcons 17-1 in the dome with Matt Ryan…..and in come the Packers…. Man this game has everything you look for in a football fan….you’d think the way I set this up I’m gonna pick the Packers and I really want to, but the Falcons got Tampa and New Orleans sniffing up their ass, while the Packers have some breathing room cause the Bears are awful, the Vikings are worse and the Lions ain’t ready yet….and I think Atlanta might be just a TINY bit better because of the wrecking ball they hand the ball off to each week….but this is so close I think home field is enough to put me over the top…..

Winner: Atlanta

Game Quality: ***** (FEAR THE DOME!!!)

Carolina at Cleveland:

OK, this game made me smile a little!! With the schedule getting better the anti-football gems are starting to dry up, so we have to VALUE gems like this one!! Carolina’s offense is so bad now it makes the Ravens look like contenders again….and Cleveland’s still that MEH team that can “almost” with the best of them…the only good thing in Carolina is the Mike Goodson story (and yes I only mention him because I’ve already poached in fantasy leagues everywhere!)…..even the Browns aren’t bad enough to screw this up…hell maybe they’ll even look as good as the Ravens did right???

Winner: Browns

Game Quality: ** (Anti-football REPRESENT!)

Pittsburgh at Buffalo:

Oh poor Buffalo, you had it going on…. Ryan Fitz is the talk of the town (and hell even a Madden 11, Super Bowl MVP bitches!)….two game winning streak….life is GOOD in Buffalo…..and then here come the Steelers….oi….now given the Bills can spread it out and throw it around on them like the Pats can, but I don’t think the Buffalo defense is strong enough to hold off the Steelers attack (well unless they get a Richard Seymour FACE STRIKE OF DOOM to connect this time)….I still BILL-IEVE…. Just not this week….like the dude’s ringtone starts out…”sorry ‘bout yo’DAMN luck!!!”

Winner: Steelers

Game Quality: * (Least I won’t get into any shouting matches with Bills fans :P)

Jaguars at NY Giants:

The Giants are in a bit of a slump here… fumbles…injuries… reminders of November swoons, hell they even lost to Dallas….things might be slipping there after all (and three weeks ago they were the best team in the NFC, go figure)…but on the other hand…is ANY team living a more charmed life then the Jaguars (imagine if they played the Jets and Jags play…that kinda luck could bankrupt all of Vegas)….hail mary passes tipped in the belly….an MJ-D TOUCHDOWN RUN OF DOOM…all the wacky stuff… maybe it all catches up to them this week…though they do get lucky with the weather….I may actually have to pay attention to this game this week….I do think the Giants have enough and home field and should pull this out….but I say this every week about the damned jaguars…..

Winner: Giants

Game Quality: *** (Jags are better then we all thought)

Vikings at Redskins:

CMON 80 YEARS OF QUARTERBACKING!!!!! CMON FIRED COACH!!!! What a disaster this has been all year around… hell I’m not even talking about the Redskins!! This game has much entertainment value…how many times can Favre turn it over (and already the new coach in Minnesota proved he’s dumb “Brett gives us the best chance to win”….yeah that 3-7 record and more turnovers then retirement parties too)…it’s really sad when the Redskins host a team who’s in more disarray without a clue then they are isn’t it??

Winner: Redskins

Game Quality: *** (I will LOL much at this!)

4pm:

Miami at Oakland:

Can you match up any two teams that played WORSE last week?? Good luck in trying….now that aside, the Raiders just fell victim to a bad match-up in the Steelers (stop the run and you kill the Raiders)… while the Dolphins are just a mess on the offensive side of the ball…no pass protection, no one running the ball well and now even the Marshall Plan is on the injured list….even though Miami’s been decent on the road… the wheels on this bus are about to come off (any shock that Parcells ducked and ran in the middle of the night during this season?? God forbid we get to see the “genius” label get smeared….)….this one’s a no-brainer…but don’t worry I’m sure we’ll see the same old crap in the Devs thread about this anyway…..

Winner: Oakland Game Quality: * (this is facepalm material!)

Chiefs at Seattle:

This is an ugly game ain’t it?? Seattle’s good at home, but I don’t think they’ve played anyone at home on the level of talent of the Chiefs got…plus, hell….when Seattle loses this game NO ONE in that mistake of a football division will be over .500….and that inspires eternal hope and wishing for a 7-9 division winner!!! I’ll buy in on that, and the Chiefs are gonna need to start winning cause San Diego’s about to wake up and want their throne back on top of the AFC West…..

Winner: Chiefs

Game Quality: * ½

Rams at Denver:

I wish this was being played in St.Louis….the Rams are a team that’s starting to grow up in front of us (and how amazing of a job is Sam Bradford doing with an unproven O-Line, and that bag of balls core of receivers, hell imagine the hissy fit Peyton Manning would have trying to piss moan complain and yell at these guys with the unpronounceable names eh?)…Denver is still decent at home (remember the days when Denver at home was a LOCK win?)….I’d love to pick the Rams here, but 1-4 on the road is too tough a stat to look past….least there should be a whole mess of passing yards in this one!

Winner: Denver

Game Quality: ** ¾ (This could be fun!)

Tampa Bay at Baltimore:

See now this is a unique match-up…the young and brash team with a coach that instills faith in them and really has them believing they are better then they are (coach of the year anyone??)…..going up against the old, too proud team, too stubborn in its ways to admit that the defensive dominance is slipping away and past them (but hey they beat up on Carolina, who is quite possibly the most hideous team in football this side of a Matt Millen run Lions team….)…..if Tampa pulls this out, then we’re seeing this team growing up right before our eyes….I just don’t think it’s there yet…. The one good saving grace is the Bucs are too young and too dumb to know this, should be fun to watch still!!!

Winner: Ravens

Game Quality: *** (This one’s gonna be physical!)

Eagles at Bears:

(oi this does NOT fare well for the owner of the Bears defense in the one league he doesn’t have Vick)….the Eagles look like they’re starting to grow into that dreaded “best team in the NFC” label (talk about a serious hex eh)….on the other hand… have you ever seen as messed up of a 7-3 record as the Bears have? (between the Calvin Johnson non-catch, the weird game with the Cowboys, that disaster in Miami….I can go on….)….as important and big as this game’s gonna be, it’s a simple one to figure out…one team is like a freight train out of control…. And the other one is this little beat up old car like you had in college, it barely sputters and bounces all over the place, but it still kinda finds a way to get there…. Just this week it’s gonna stall out on the train tracks….hope you didn’t leave anything important in it……

Winner: Eagles

Game Quality: **** (these games always are)

8pm:

Chargers at Colts:

This is ALWAYS a fun game, the Chargers match up well with the Colts, they always find a way to beat up on them, Phillip Rivers always comes up big (speaking of… it may be close to time to start talking about 5,200 passing yards for Mr. Rivers), the Colts are still all sorts of beat up, and now add on a Peyton Manning sulk-fest after blowing it in the clutch (again)…..I do expect a good effort from the Colts, but like I said… they never match up well with San Diego on their BEST day….this is not the Colts best of days….

Winner: Chargers

Game Quality: **** ½ (are there two more demonstrative QBs on the field?)

Monday Nov 29:

49ers at Cardinals:

Monday Night Anti-Football!!!!! Sadly, the 49ers ain’t dead yet (God love the NFC West), and they look to have a gimmie here (not to mention all the in-division games San Fran has left)….the Cardinals are lost and already thinking of next year….I wonder if Larry Fitz has taken up drinking yet….if I was him…. I might….either way, the long season keeps getting longer for Arizona….

Winner: 49ers

Game Quality: ** (oh CMON! You know you wanna see this train wreck!)

Week 11 NFL Power Rankings:

AFC:

1. Patriots…look who they beat and how, this team is starting to mature….
  2. Jets….heh, funny I put the Pats past them for maturity reasons….ironic!
  3. Steelers…schedule is smiling on them a little now
  4. Chiefs…back to clicking again (stop with this Thomas Jones crap though!)
  5. Jacksonville…getting on a little roll here……

NFC:

1. Eagles…impressive, gutty…almost championship-type win?
  2. Atlanta….they’re god in ANYONE’S dome….
  3. Bears…though that win required a 5-hour energy boost to watch….
  4. Tampa….good quality road win, ending the Niners season…..
  5. Saints…Remember them???

Reason I can live with myself today:

I woke up and realized that I wasn't Steve Johnson.

That's kinda unfair :P

(and shows you ain't seen a single Bills game aside of the highlights too)

the kid made a HUGE mistake in the big moment....all this does is have them keep pace with Dallas for the #2 pick :rant:

he'll grow from this.....Roy Williams on the other hand :lol:

Related to the Buffalo game ... We were a Steve Johnson drop away from talking about Pittsburgh possibly missing the playoffs.

We still could be....if the Bills pass rush (which is as BAD as it gets in the NFL can drop Ben 4-5 times, I forget the number).... I'm scared to see what some real pass rushes are gonna do to the Steelers in the next few weeks:

At Ravens

Cinci

NY Jets

Carolina (oi)

at Browns

....I guess the schedule smiles upon thee, that looks like 11-5 to me

another side note..... aside from ATL/GB and the Bills game... most of those games yesterday were really none too exciting and a bit hard to get into (though i do love seeing me a Peyton Manning FAIL in Prime Time.... like I said MVP THIS Peyton, you saw the real MVP QB on the field last night!!)

Related to the Buffalo game ... We were a Steve Johnson drop away from talking about Pittsburgh possibly missing the playoffs.

I think Pitt and Balt were just anticipating next week to go "all out" as opposed to focusing against inferior opposition this week.

I never underestimate Pittsburgh.......bastards.

That's kinda unfair :P

(and shows you ain't seen a single Bills game aside of the highlights too)

the kid made a HUGE mistake in the big moment....all this does is have them keep pace with Dallas for the #2 pick :rant:

he'll grow from this.....Roy Williams on the other hand :lol:

I have to admit finding it amusing he was blaming God for dropping the ball on his twitter, especially since athletes only praise god when they do well and never shake their fist at god when they do poorly :lol:

I think Pitt and Balt were just anticipating next week to go "all out" as opposed to focusing against inferior opposition this week.

You may be right, but I think they've been weakened in the trenches by injuries. Not that rankings matter, but I'd currently put them fourth or fifth in the AFC.

Hey, Bart Scott refers to Sanchez as Nacho Libre...either CRASHER's not as creative as he thinks or someone reads this message board :whistling:

Considering I started calling him that at the draft (side story behind it was my buddy calls me up proclaiming him the next Namath, and I came back and told him "the lil Mexican will be selling nachos at Red Bull games in 5 years".....and a nickname was born :P).....the dude stealing my name is taking some of my lines too!!!! :rant:

You ALL are underestimating Buffalo... they're a scrappy team who can run the ball and has weapons now.... their defense is BAD (least up front), but they PLAY HARD every week....they're very easy to root for.......

And the Steelers' record without A.Smith manning the D-line is quite awful (like under .500).... their O-Line is BAD....there's a few holes in dem dere Steelers.....

I have to admit finding it amusing he was blaming God for dropping the ball on his twitter, especially since athletes only praise god when they do well and never shake their fist at god when they do poorly :lol:

I actually liked the comment (well I do tend to be anti-Jesus-ish :P )..... but he was saying the Lord is testing him..... wonder if anyone told THAT to Scott Norwood :unsure::giggle::blink:

Man do not remind me...

Also about Buffalo and about the REAL NFL: Schedules...schedules...schedules...I posted this on a Bills site.....

Fact: Of the 9 losses by the Buffalo Bills, the combined records of those teams is a staggering 67-31 (.683 Winning Percentage) and 5 of those games the Bills have lost by 3 points, and 3 of those games in OT.

All 9 losses are to teams currently with winning records.

Simply, this schedule has not done the Bills any favors, even with the Bills shortcomings on defense and in other aspects.

Take one team as an example: Tampa Bay is 7-4, Raheem Morris is getting tons of credit (he has done a nice job), but look further: The Bucs have the same amount of wins vs teams that are .500 or better as the Buffalo Bills do: 0

So if the Bills had Tampa's schedule, would Chan Gailey be up for Coach Of The Year with a 7-4 record? I say there is a better chance of that happening then one might think.

Edited by LOTCB

I know Steve Johnson gets all the blame (and in most ways, yeah he choked)...but the kickoff return in OT was a fail too...McKelvin ran into his OWN guy Moates at the 50, otherwise he was GONE)....then Chris Kelsay of all people sack Big Ben and Ben fumbles and the ball goes right back to him....

God is NOT a Buffalo sports fan!! :soap:

Edited by LOTCB

Fact: Of the 9 losses by the Buffalo Bills, the combined records of those teams is a staggering 67-31 (.683 Winning Percentage) and 5 of those games the Bills have lost by 3 points, and 3 of those games in OT.

That's really something else. I'm not taking the Jets-Bills rematch for granted. Jets could certainly lose that game.

You think Fitzpatrick will be in the Bills' plans for next year? I think he should be.

Edited by Jerrydevil

All 9 losses are to teams currently with winning records.

Simply, this schedule has not done the Bills any favors, even with the Bills shortcomings on defense and in other aspects.

Take one team as an example: Tampa Bay is 7-4, Raheem Morris is getting tons of credit (he has done a nice job), but look further: The Bucs have the same amount of wins vs teams that are .500 or better as the Buffalo Bills do: 0

So if the Bills had Tampa's schedule, would Chan Gailey be up for Coach Of The Year with a 7-4 record? I say there is a better chance of that happening then one might think.

Wow. Interesting. They are really playing for Chan the man.

We still could be....if the Bills pass rush (which is as BAD as it gets in the NFL can drop Ben 4-5 times, I forget the number).... I'm scared to see what some real pass rushes are gonna do to the Steelers in the next few weeks:

At Ravens

Cinci

NY Jets

Carolina (oi)

at Browns

....I guess the schedule smiles upon thee, that looks like 11-5 to me

another side note..... aside from ATL/GB and the Bills game... most of those games yesterday were really none too exciting and a bit hard to get into (though i do love seeing me a Peyton Manning FAIL in Prime Time.... like I said MVP THIS Peyton, you saw the real MVP QB on the field last night!!)

I'm confused by this....the QB who threw for 186 yds and rushed for 7? This is the MVP QB? Sure Peyton threw 4 INT's but seriously the previous stat line makes you an MVP QB? On a side note, Kyle Orton will be inducted into the pro football hall of fame later this week....

I'm confused by this....the QB who threw for 186 yds and rushed for 7? This is the MVP QB? Sure Peyton threw 4 INT's but seriously the previous stat line makes you an MVP QB? On a side note, Kyle Orton will be inducted into the pro football hall of fame later this week....

Phillip Rivers has done more with less all season long:

66.2 comp %, 3362 yards, 23 TDs, 9 Int on a team that's missed for extended periods of time:

Starting RB, LT, #1 WR, #2 WR, #3 WR, Patrick Crayton, TE....and a sloppy disastrous defense and special teams, and despite that.....one game outta first place??

I think he's allowed one game to not throw the ball lots when his team is pasting its opponent :P

LOL, CRASHER beat me to the Rivers defense so I'll just add the only guys you could argue with Rivers for MVP are Brady and Vick at this point, but with San Diego's schedule Rivers might actually approach 5000 yards, that combined with a likely division title should make him a pretty easy pick if people aren't too ga-ga over Vick.

Edited by NJDevs4978

SF-Arizona = the least entertaining anti-football imaginable

This game died to me when Frank Gore got hurt :P

(and yes I sigend Westbrook before you frackers could MANTA BLOCK me!!!! :rant: )

This game died to me when Frank Gore got hurt :P

(and yes I sigend Westbrook before you frackers could MANTA BLOCK me!!!! :rant: )

For whatever reason, I have had this game on in the background for the entire second half. I laughed when Tirico said, "Anderson throws the ball ... somewhere down the field."

Edited by Jerrydevil

For whatever reason, I have had this game on in the background for the entire second half. I laughed when Tirico said, "Anderson throws the ball ... somewhere down the field."

:lol:

was he shocked it fell safely to the ground???

We had it with no sound while we watched King of the Ring on Raw....I think we chose wisely!