Gameworn Jersey, Opening night at the Rock

BlizzardCyclone

Not bad for a game worn opening night at the rock jersey. Theres no name, but its #21, who could have worn this? Lukowich? Not sure, not a bad price either, $425

eBay Game Worn NJ Devils Jersey Opening Night

It was a NNOB made up for a recalled player or for a trade made. The Devils keep jerseys like this for such purposes. It was not made for a specific player. Lukowich was not with the Devils in 07-08.

I didn't keep a record of GI's that night, but the price sounds about what it sold for on auction. IMO, Not a jersey you spend $425 on if you have a choice.

I paid $1175 for my Pandolfo Rock Opening Night jersey. Bidding was nuts on these, that's why a jersey like this blank one went so high.

It was a NNOB made up for a recalled player or for a trade made. The Devils keep jerseys like this for such purposes. It was not made for a specific player. Lukowich was not with the Devils in 07-08.

I didn't keep a record of GI's that night, but the price sounds about what it sold for on auction. IMO, Not a jersey you spend $425 on if you have a choice.

I paid $1175 for my Pandolfo Rock Opening Night jersey. Bidding was nuts on these, that's why a jersey like this blank one went so high.

unknown poster, KC Devil, JWomp, and I both shared a laugh about the GI ( Game Issued) NNOB (No Name On Back) that went for $425. or so. The idea was to prepare it IN CASE someone from the Devils went down with an injury and they needed to call up someone. Personally, I thought I'd see this sweater at the Prudential Center with some fan's name on the back. I guess whoever won it, has grown tired of it and wants to move it. GOOD LUCK, I should think that it will most likely not sell at that price or be sold for MUCH cheaper.

The prices were ridiculous for ONE period of game wear, but they were unique and you cannot buy the patch anywhere.

unknown poster, KC Devil, JWomp, and I both shared a laugh about the GI ( Game Issued) NNOB (No Name On Back) that went for $425. or so. The idea was to prepare it IN CASE someone from the Devils went down with an injury and they needed to call up someone. Personally, I thought I'd see this sweater at the Prudential Center with some fan's name on the back. I guess whoever won it, has grown tired of it and wants to move it. GOOD LUCK, I should think that it will most likely not sell at that price or be sold for MUCH cheaper.

The prices were ridiculous for ONE period of game wear, but they were unique and you cannot buy the patch anywhere.

The prices were nuts on those jerseys. I think the Andy Greene jersey I had was like $650 or something. Anyways I have seen the opening night patches for sale around ebay, as well as on some peoples jerseys around the rock.

The prices were nuts on those jerseys. I think the Andy Greene jersey I had was like $650 or something. Anyways I have seen the opening night patches for sale around ebay, as well as on some peoples jerseys around the rock.

Andrew,

The patches you see on eBay are not the Opening Night patches that were worn on the game worn jerseys. The patches on eBay are the Inaugural Season patches that were made to be put on the hats or clothing. Somehow that seller was able to get an apparent sh!t load of them.

So why do you guys think would be reasonable for this shirt?

By reasonable, I know the market determains price, but lets say....sane?

I would say around the price of an authentic, plus a little (for the unique patch). Even though I would never buy it (I pretty much stick to Colin White stuff...and now a Paul Martin...right Chorske?) I honestly would not pay more than $250-$300, if I was in the market for it.

The patch makes it unique, yes. But, I can get a preseason jersey for that price or less, that is actually worn by a player.

But, it is collecting, and whatever makes people happy. I don't know very many people who would have 13 Colin White jerseys (OK, OK...I only know of 1...and that is me), but it is what I like to collect....so I am sure that I overpay for some of them. $425, however, is WAY to high!

Mike Martin

KC Devil

I would say around the price of an authentic, plus a little (for the unique patch). Even though I would never buy it (I pretty much stick to Colin White stuff...and now a Paul Martin...right Chorske?) I honestly would not pay more than $250-$300, if I was in the market for it.

The patch makes it unique, yes. But, I can get a preseason jersey for that price or less, that is actually worn by a player.

But, it is collecting, and whatever makes people happy. I don't know very many people who would have 13 Colin White jerseys (OK, OK...I only know of 1...and that is me), but it is what I like to collect....so I am sure that I overpay for some of them. $425, however, is WAY to high!

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Give me $425.00 and I can get you a Colin White from The Bob West collection, with room to spare for a nice valentines gift for the missus... OR I can say, "hey, I'll financially back your pro hockey team or back your desire to become a game worn dealer"... (INSIDE JOKE)

I think Mike's estimates are correct. If you want to really laugh go to MeiGray's Winter Classic auction and see how much a Toews, Kane, Datysuk, Zetterburg, and/or Versteeg is... Tomorrow is the last day and I htink the Datysuk is already at $4400.00!!! (GULP!)

Jordan, I did what Mike did for you with the Oduya Stick with a game-worn pre-Paul Martin... Well it wasn't totally free. I snagged the Martin from some guy who impulse bid during the last Spivak & Kraut auction...

Well, I went up to $300.00 on his BIN, which I think was a little steep..."automatically declined".

Lets see if he gets realistic in the coming days or someone breaks the bank.

He is unrealistic, I believe, wanting more than that. Let it sit and rot for awhile, and, if he needs the money, or really wants to move it, will come down to a reasonable price.

Crazy amount of money for a shirt, made for someone, without their name/number on it. An authentic is just as good, and can have the name and number, and for less cash. Only thing missing is the patch, which I am sure is out there (replicas, of course).

Mike Martin

KC Devil

I've never seen this patch by itself whatsoever in any form, real or knockoff, and i've looked under more stones and inquired about it numourous times through various sources. Barry himself has said i won't find them as they were special made only for the jerseys.

People tend to confuse this patch with the ones on eBay, which are Inaugural Season. Those patches were intended for the hats they sold in Devils Den last year.

I've never seen this patch by itself whatsoever in any form, real or knockoff, and i've looked under more stones and inquired about it numourous times through various sources. Barry himself has said i won't find them as they were special made only for the jerseys.

People tend to confuse this patch with the ones on eBay, which are Inaugural Season. Those patches were intended for the hats they sold in Devils Den last year.

I wonder why they did not make more patches and sell them?

On a positive NOTE, I matched the 1987-88 Muller I have!

This is true, Ken, but I think that you will see some surface somewhere. I can take a photo of the patch and get them made. I think someone will do this in the future, if they think there is a market for them.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

This is true, Ken, but I think that you will see some surface somewhere. I can take a photo of the patch and get them made. I think someone will do this in the future, if they think there is a market for them.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Mike, i agree, i think someone will attempt it for sure (i can name at least one if the demand gets high :whistling: ). However, the problem is whomever does it runs the risk of breaking a few copyright laws as it has the Devils logo and the Prudential Logo on it should the Devils become aware of it and deciede to persue.

However, as far as legit ones surfacing, i am tending to believe Barry when he said they were produced for the jerseys only. He's right, as the Devils did not use that same patch on items such as a hat where the logo is just glued on and can be easily removed. If they were available and someone could have gotten them you'd have seen them already as it's been over a year.

I have no idea how the person that has them on eBay got the Inaugural Season patches. Makes no sense to buy a $25 hat, remove the patch and sell it for $5. That smells of knockoffs or someone that has an inside source at the hat maker who supplies the Devils direct.

Or they fell off a truck somewheres :unsure:

Edited by SJP20

Rumor has it there is sweatshop in Thailand pumping these babies out for a quarter of a cent. Production was halted when the workers pay suddenly stopped and the money diverted to Flint, Michigan. More News at 11! :evil:

I have no idea how the person that has them on eBay got the Inaugural Season patches. Makes no sense to buy a $25 hat, remove the patch and sell it for $5. That smells of knockoffs or someone that has an inside source at the hat maker who supplies the Devils direct.

I think there was a game where they were giving them out as a promotion, if I remember correctly.

I think there was a game where they were giving them out as a promotion, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, they included them with one of the discount ticket offers. I used a Boy Scouts discount code someone posted on this board to get the $65 seats for $30 something, and when the tickets came in the mail, 4 of those patches were in the envelope too.

Yeah, they included them with one of the discount ticket offers. I used a Boy Scouts discount code someone posted on this board to get the $65 seats for $30 something, and when the tickets came in the mail, 4 of those patches were in the envelope too.

Ah...that mystery is solved. I wondered how someone could sell more then one of those at a time and where they came from.

IMO, those patches should have been on the Devils home jerseys the entire season.

Ah...that mystery is solved. I wondered how someone could sell more then one of those at a time and where they came from.

IMO, those patches should have been on the Devils home jerseys the entire season.

It's possible they had a bunch left over and were giving them away at some community event type of thing, and then gave whatever they had to the last guy there or something. Bruce Driver and Grant Marshall were at the rink I work at a few months ago signing autographs after doing a brief instructional clinic thing. Since I let them borrow a chair from the pro shop, they gave me a ton of leftover promotional giveaways. I got like 7 of the Stevens Hall of Fame posters, 6 of the Sunset at Prudential posters, and I think 5 playoff towels.

Edited by devilsfan26

I have a very good version of the opening night logo and really want to get a patch made so I can put one on my Brodeur jersey. One thing I don't want to do is mass produce them and try to make $ because I have little interest in violating someone else's copyright (obviously making one for myself is not protected but I would be ok with it because I would buy one if they were available). Unfortunately, no patch maker in their right mind will make them for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.