NJDevs '13-14 FHL (Fantasy Hockey) is ready to go!

NJDevs4978

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I have struggled at LW2 since the trade, but I didn't think Franzen would relapse and be out again.  Palat and Raymond have been okay in general except I always seem to bench them in their good games and play them in their meh games.  I was really ticked at benching Nyquist yesterday too except I'm still tops in goals and points so whatever :P

Man I feel pretty foolish turning down that Hossa + Semin for Sedin deal right now

True, but that was early November, and the payoff for Semin was almost as frustrating as Sedin's disappearance of late.   Of course, Semin was somewhat cheaper to draft.

Of course I have struggled at LW2 since the trade, but I didn't think Franzen would relapse and be out again.  Palat and Raymond have been okay in general except I always seem to bench them in their good games and play them in their meh games.  I was really ticked at benching Nyquist yesterday too except I'm still tops in goals and points so whatever :P

Thats ok, during my rants about teams not responding to trade offers I made a few ridiculous offers( to teams I thought were dead, 1 was accepted..hurt my depth at cetner but I'm surviving... Taught me not to be a wise ass!!

Thats ok, during my rants about teams not responding to trade offers I made a few ridiculous offers( to teams I thought were dead, 1 was accepted..hurt my depth at cetner but I'm surviving... Taught me not to be a wise ass!!

Vermette really turned on in late January...  MacDonald really sh1t the bed +/- wise; but at least he's riding the pine.

I was really tempted to offer up Rask+ up to you back when you were seeking a goalie for one of your stud D and Bob.

Edited by aylbert

Vermette really turned on in late January...  MacDonald really sh1t the bed +/- wise; but at least he's riding the pine.

I was really tempted to offer up Rask+ up to you back when you were seeking a goalie for one of your stud D and Bob.

Yeah not 1 of my better moments, my son almost killed me, He wanted Vermete and i would not trade with him...

Yeah not 1 of my better moments, my son almost killed me, He wanted Vermete and i would not trade with him...

And I would have traded for Rask in a second, & Bob has been really good lately, but back then he was just coming off an injury...

And I would have traded for Rask in a second, & Bob has been really good lately, but back then he was just coming off an injury...

Vermette was on my wish list from you too; but I figured you'd hold onto faceoff winning wingers to the death of you :)

Yea,  I wanted to jump the gun and hope he returns to last years form...  but I just did two big deals and talked myself out of it...    don't change what works sort of thing.

Plus, my D isn't horrific as is...   but it would be nice to have Karlsson's scoring, or Seabrook to anchor my D responsibly :)

• 3 weeks later...

Soooo which one of you smart, savy fantasy owners would like to have Olympic hero TJ Oshie on your team?!?!

...for the small and completely reasonable price of your best scoring forward  :giggle:

Can I bid Kessel, Getzlaf, Hossa and Kopitar....   hell Rask too.    

jk obv

Part of me was tempted to offer you Bouwmeester and my Chicago goalies for your Boston goalies but Crawford finally got his **** together before the break so I'll ride it out with him.

btw before anyone asks, my last trade was my version of Tallinder for Scott Timmins. I just needed the roster spot and Hodgson was too good to cut (but not with a ton of trade value) so essentially I'd rather just pick where to send him instead of cutting him outright.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It's not every day you have a 14-point +5 night in fantasy...would have been 15 if I'd put Gelinas in, oh well.  It'll be interesting to see how much ground I can make up now that I have Franzen back on fire with Koivu's return also imminent.  The hole's probably still too steep, but it'll be fun if it gets closer.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It's not every day you have a 14-point +5 night in fantasy...would have been 15 if I'd put Gelinas in, oh well.  It'll be interesting to see how much ground I can make up now that I have Franzen back on fire with Koivu's return also imminent.  The hole's probably still too steep, but it'll be fun if it gets closer.

Trust me, I don't like 8 point swings against me...   step it up boys.

No, and no (except for the league winner...the league winner gets to pick their draft spot).  Since we're almost certainly scaling back the # of teams next year it wouldn't make sense to have anything else carry over anyway.  About half the league's been very active throughout and half's been very dead throughout, which is I suppose par for the course in a 20-teamer.

I had a 13 pt +13 night and gained 1.5 pts, are you friggin kidding me??

Well I think I definitely learned a lesson this season - don't freaking pick both Sedins.  They're either both hot, or both terrible..and they've been terrible for most of this season after November.  Oh well.

Also, what little cushion I had in goaltending is quickly evaporating - thanks MAF, ya bastard :lol:

Edited by Devilsfan118

Well I think I definitely learned a lesson this season - don't freaking pick both Sedins.  They're either both hot, or both terrible..and they've been terrible for most of this season after November.  Oh well.

Also, what little cushion I had in goaltending is quickly evaporating - thanks MAF, ya bastard :lol:

Wrong lesson.   If you rely on a team, or worse yet, a line.  You will be boom/bust...   might as well pickup Burrows (I just dumped him last week for another Bruin doing wonders) and go all in with the misery.

In my other fantasy league two of my three goalies were Halak (already dumped him after the trade) and Luongo and now they're both in Siberia...my third is Rask, so be very afraid ayl lol

I've been shopping Rask a bit...  but I'll likely wind up keeping him.  ha.

Our deadline is tomorrow...

Goalies: I wouldn't mind trading Rask (need another top goalie back+), Shrivens (maybe a defensive minded, physical forward with some scoring)....  Cam Talbot if anyone is interested in his spot starts.

D: I want to keep Green and OEL; but could swap the rest in trades (ie paired with Rask)

Forwards: I want to keep pretty much as is...     Really just Soderberg, Gagner, Tlusty available and I don't see that drumming up interest, maybe a stat swap?  Or pair with Rask+  etc

I was looking over everything last night and I'm stuck in 5th place, have been for like 2 months, 20 points behind 4th, 10 to 15 ahead of 6th.

I did a much better job of drafting this year, but 2 categories that have been the death of me... SHP & GWG.

Hoping for a run the last month, really want to crack the top 3, but not sure I can get there....