• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0612121645.jpg

0612121652.jpg

0612121653.jpg

0612121654a.jpg

I estimated 500 fans, in the rain, at about 4:30. The team bus pulled into the gated portion of the lane in between the Rock and Parking Deck, and the players got out. You could see many of them were happy to see us there. They headed straight into the deck for their cars, so the crowd moved to the exit lane for the deck. Players slowly drove through the crowd, some handshakes, some autographs. I tried to be loud, but felt kind of emotional.

Then, when I got back to the car, I decided to call XM's NHL Home Ice show, "The Powerplay," and I shared my experience with Scott Laughlin and Phil Esposito.

Had a blast waiting in the rain with you guys. As the cars pulled out one by one, many of them rolled down their windows and high fived the fans. I was the kid on the other side of the fence in the garage and climbed on the fence to get a good view.

Chants of 'come back zach' as he pulled away. He seemed awestruck and very happy. Marty was the most appreciative, waving towards the fans and thanking us. Deboer looked in awe as well.

Here is a picture I found, forget where to be honest

https://p.twimg.com/AvN7SyfCEAAKbST.jpg:medium

Edited by Devils Pride 26

So they flew in, took a bus to the arena, saw the fans, and drove away?

Pretty much. Some of the players waved to the fans, gave high-fives and signed a few autographs, but that was all. I thought it was a really nice way to close the book on what had been an amazing season.

Pretty much. Some of the players waved to the fans, gave high-fives and signed a few autographs, but that was all. I thought it was a really nice way to close the book on what had been an amazing season.

Who stopped? Who did you see shaking hands and signing?

I am curious who the nice guys are

Who stopped? Who did you see shaking hands and signing?

I am curious who the nice guys are

Pete Deboer stopped and was very cordial as usual, Zach Parise(with Andy Greene as passenger) stopped and signed, Hedberg was great too(he had Josefson and Tedenby in the car with him), Zubrus was high-fiving fans as he went by...as was Eric Boulton. Tallinder waved as he rolled by but didn't put down his window. Not sure about the rest but the only two that I saw roll by without even really acknowledging the fans were Ponikarovsky and Adam Oates. Didn't see Clarkson or Kovalchuk at all...curious if anyone else did

Edited by McMullen82

Pete Deboer stopped and was very cordial as usual, Zach Parise(with Andy Greene as passenger) stopped and signed, Hedberg was great too(he had Josefson and Tedenby in the car with him), Zubrus was high-fiving fans as he went by...as was Eric Boulton. Tallinder waved as he rolled by but didn't put down his window. Not sure about the rest but the only two that I saw roll by without even really acknowledging the fans were Ponikarovsky and Adam Oates. Didn't see Clarkson or Kovalchuk at all...curious if anyone else did

Marty?