congrats to the 2013-14 Champs, the Kings

msweet

I still feel bitter from 2012 though... freakin' kings. But I mean, at the same time I want the Rags to lose so bad haha

Holy Crap Girardi really choked

Rooting for the Kings despite the diving by Doughty and Brown is almost making my physically ill.

But the Rangers must lose.

Thank god for Girardi. Kings needed to hold onto home ice.

Can't believe LA didn't score in that 3rd period. SOG were 18-3

cant believe some of the lucky bounces the rags got

how long is their luck gonna last.......yeah they lost tonight, but it shouldve been a laugh-er after 3 periods

Much like they've been doing these entire playoffs, the Kings find ways to complicate their own lives (that's why I'm not counting on a sweep or even a 5 game series, more like LA in 6). And much like these playoffs, when the time comes, the BS ends, they start playing hockey and once that happens, there's no match for them. They look like they were born to play those big games.

Sucks it has to be them, but then again, after everything they've done so far this year, I feel even more confident with them in the final than with the Blackhawks.

Girardi has to feel like a d!ck today.

Edited to add that my iPhone autocorrected "Girardi" to read as "Gerardo".

Am I the only one here old enough to remember that guy?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EuB9bckNcOo

Rico Suave, nice.  Also appeared in the original 80s version of "Can't Buy Me Love". 

According to Boomer and Carton, aside from a couple of Ranger mistakes on the Kings' goals, the Rangers 'outplayed the Kings and would've won'. Lmfao. I guess they missed the middle of the second period on.

Edited by MadDog2020

According to Boomer and Carton, aside from a couple of Ranger mistakes on the Kings' goals, the Rangers 'outplayed the Kings and would've won'. Lmfao. I guess they missed the middle of the second period on.

I thought the Rangers played well in the first period for sure and did a solid job applying pressure (and the Kings definitely got some breaks in that period), but the game swung in the Kings' favor pretty heavily as the game went on.  Not sure what Boomer and Carton were watching. 

Hey, ranger fans, don't forget your 94 rangers lost game 1 in overtime too and you know how that ended up! (this line by happy homer bruce beck & nj.com).  Local coverage makes me barf!  LGK!

Yeah Boomer and Carton mentioned that too eldon lol. The NY media is incapable of talking about the Rangers without mentioning 94.

Heard Boomer telling Carton that.  I have never seen professional sports writers decide to throw away all their professionalism and experience of watching the sport and go with the Rags on this all because they have "destiny" on their side.  If they predict any other series in the NHL or any series in any sport based on what is basically them having a "gut feeling" then they would be ridiculed for it.

But nope, believing in "gut feeling" and "destiny" is A-OK now with the NY sports media now that the Rags are in the finals.