Hue Jackson (Raiders)

Jim Caldwell (Colts)

Confirmed hired:

Romeo Crennel (Chiefs)

Mike Mularkey (Jaguars)

Jeff Fisher (Rams)

Dennis Allen (Raiders)

Chuck Pagano (Colts)

I'll keep this as updated as I can, but feel free to add postings below.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Mike Martz resigns as Bears OC, and the Bears' GM Jerry Angelo is fired, but Lovie Smith "isn't going anywhere". Link

I can't understand why the Bears and Martz have parted ways. He was helping Cutler become a legit QB and grooming some good young WR's. It's not his fault he got stuck with a terrbile back-up after Cutler went down and didn't have a healthy Barber until half way through the season to spell Forte.

Is he that difficult to deal with.

I can't understand why the Bears and Martz have parted ways. He was helping Cutler become a legit QB and grooming some good young WR's. It's not his fault he got stuck with a terrbile back-up after Cutler went down and didn't have a healthy Barber until half way through the season to spell Forte.

Reading between the lines seems to indicate that Martz was frustrated with the way the Bears do business. I would guess the issue is move Lovie than anything, but it's hard to tell at this point what could drive someone to resign like that.

Reports are that Cutler was in favor of him leaving. Cutler seems like a jerk, in my opinion. I'm sure his ego along with Martz' ego were always clashing and it became a "This town ain't big enough for the two of us" type of ordeal in Chicago.

I'm sure Culter was THRILLED to be on his back as many times as he was in Martz's "scheme"....the Bears are not built to run what Martz wants to do...they have no WRs and they let their best TE go to Carolina.....this was probably for the best.....as long as the Bears pay Forte.....

I'm sure Culter was THRILLED to be on his back as many times as he was in Martz's "scheme"....the Bears are not built to run what Martz wants to do...they have no WRs and they let their best TE go to Carolina.....this was probably for the best.....as long as the Bears pay Forte.....

This is more of a front office issue than Martz. The question is will the Bears make Forte happy?

Romeo Crennel confirmed as Kansas City's coach.

Talk about a team poised for a bounceback year if it heals right. Their defense was sick this year and they're getting Eric Berry back, and while their offense won't remind anyone of the Saints with Jammal Charles and Matt Cassel they have potential to be next year's 49ers..

Romeo Crennel confirmed as Kansas City's coach.

Talk about a team poised for a bounceback year if it heals right. Their defense was sick this year and they're getting Eric Berry back, and while their offense won't remind anyone of the Saints with Jammal Charles and Matt Cassel they have potential to be next year's 49ers..

That is what I thought about them this year. Poised for a big year, but not materializing mostly due to injuries.

How does a guy that can't run a play on the THOUSAND 4th and 1 calls that Mike Smith pushed get REWARDED with a Head Coaching Job???

This has MASSIVE fail written all over it....amazing....

(PS note to Jacksonville....wanna help Gabbert be an NFL QB....get him some goddamn NFL-level Receivers :P )

The Sporano thing is kinda hilarious :lol:

Lmfao, Sparano is the new OC of the Jets. Have fun Jet fans, he's more conservative than Rush Limbaugh. You'll hate him more than Schottenheimer when all's said and done.

Coming from a Dolphins fan, I think it's a pretty good hire.

Also, how many Dolphins fans do we have here? Anyone interested in starting a Dolphins thread?

Coming from a Dolphins fan, I think it's a pretty good hire.

Also, how many Dolphins fans do we have here? Anyone interested in starting a Dolphins thread?

Its an awful hire, and yes I'm down with a Fins thread. Jet fans will be calling for Sparano's head by week 5. He's never even been an OC before, and he couldn't even develop a fvcking o-line worth a sh!t in 3+ seasons. I'm thrilled by this, personally.

According to ESPN, Sparano called plays for the 2006 Cowboys. That team made Julius Jones a 1000 yard rusher and ranked 5th in total yards and 4th in points. That's probably a good part of what they're going off of...a guy who believes in the ground and pound philosophy who "knows" offense and could in theory squeeze production out of the Jets O-Line (who had two really awful players this year IIRC)

As to the Dolphins thread, expect one soon.