GDT: ECF Game 5 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

ZeroGravityFat

It's just venting, anger, and frustration, that's all. Everyone on this board loves this team otherwise we wouldn't be spending time on here. But let's face it, the Rags have given us fits over the years in the playoffs and we've seen the Devils choke to this team, time and time again and we've seen Marty let this team get into his head on more than one occassion. Do some of us maintain our composure better than others? Sure. But that doesnt make anyone less of a fan because they vent and get down at certain times. Whatever, shiit happens. Hopefully with this win it will finally give Marty some revenge to put this team away in front of thousands of fans on Friday night. This game was a pivotal game for both teams. Hats off to the Devils!

You saved me from typing all this...

We love the Devils that's why we lose our posture at times...

It's just venting, anger, and frustration, that's all. Everyone on this board loves this team otherwise we wouldn't be spending time on here. But let's face it, the Rags have given us fits over the years in the playoffs and we've seen the Devils choke to this team, time and time again and we've seen Marty let this team get into his head on more than one occassion. Do some of us maintain our composure better than others? Sure. But that doesnt make anyone less of a fan because they vent and get down at certain times. Whatever, shiit happens. Hopefully with this win it will finally give Marty some revenge to put this team away in front of thousands of fans on Friday night. This game was a pivotal game for both teams. Hats off to the Devils!

I hear ya, I'd just like to see this place become a little less predictable...the fact is this team has gotten much farther than anyone really thought they would. I know tonight was tough, I was in "WTF?!" mode as much as anyone when it got to be 3-3, but I just would've like to have seen a little more faith, a little more confidence...just felt like too many members gave the Devils no chance at 3-3.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

So glad so many of you were so quick to write this team off. They still may not win tonight, but these guys deserve a lot more respect for what they have done this postseason than they get from this fanbase.

I think you and I are two of the older fans here and have followed this team some of the longest, so I understand your frustration. However, even I lost hope in the late '80s. I missed the Cinderella run of '88 because I was so tired of losing and simply didn't follow hockey that year. I ended up tuning in for the late part of the finals and that was it. Does that make me fair weather? I suppose so. But then again I was there rooting from about '81 when they were lame duck in Colorado to early '88 and there was a LOT of losing and I started up again around '90 or so. Now one minute of losing isn't the same as half a decade of utter humiliation, including the infamous Gretzky attack on our franchise, but I guess I understand the sentiment. Most of our fan base isn't even old enough to know what it is like to have a losing season. Last season was the closest thing they've had those early days.

Just my couple o pennies.

Basically this. And the fact that it is the Rangers. Believe me if it were the Caps, I wouldn't have been half as annoyed. I was saying before the postseason I only expected one round, but the fact we got matched up against the Flyers and now the Rangers have made the whole playoffs a steel-cage grudge match. Particuarly this series, losing to the Rangers honestly would feel like it made our two rounds meaningless.

The good thing about this game though is that they did pull it out of the fire. If they had won a 5-1 walkthrough (it looked like it was going that way after Zajac's goal) I'd probably have been worried about them being overconfident for Game 6.

Not counting my chickens just yet, but if your a Rags fan, are you really confident in this team right now? They have NOT won 2 games in a row in the playoff this season and I have a hard time believing that they will do it now. I firmly believe the Devils are in their head.

The Devils have the skate to the Rags throats not. Lets put them away on Friday!

LETS GO DEVILS!!

Mike

Yeah- CBGB's. (Carter, Bernier, Gionta's brother).

No way. You give that as a nickname if Gionta hadn't been productive in these playoffs, but he's been a solid contributor. And he's already scored some bigger playoff goals than his brother ever did in New Jersey.

I'm putting the kibosh on that one.

Edited by devilsrule33

I hear ya, I'd just like to see this place become a little less predictable...the fact is this team has gotten much farther than anyone really thought they would. I know tonight was tough, I was in "WTF?!" mode as much as anyone when it got to be 3-3, but I just would've like to have seen a little more faith, a little more confidence...just felt like too many members gave the Devils no chance at 3-3.

Fair point. Speaking for myself, I'm going to try to contain myself a little better the next time they let up a 3-0 lead. We'll see. The beer didnt help, lol. Over the course of the game, I think the emotions for most of us went something like this.... shock, happiness, excitement, disappointment, concern, more concern, anger, digust, extreme disgust, before returing back to shock and happiness.

I know tonight i definitely did not keep my compsure and was ready to put my foot through the tv screen when Marty let in that 3rd goal. But, the Devils won it and gave me reason not to doubt them, even when visions from past playoff losses started dancing in my head. For the guys who were able to keep a cool head, I tip my hat to you. I had a hard time doing it tonight.

Anyway.. on to Friday. Let's beat the shiit out of this team and send them packing. I want to see Marty lift that Stanley Cup one more time before he retires!

Edited by slasher72

I'm new here but hardly a new Devils' fan.

I'm reading through some of these comments posted for tonight game and I can't believe, after all the Devils have been through this playoff season, that some of you so called fans would doubt. I don't know about you people, but when I watch the Devils play, I see another championship team.

• Like 4

What a rollercoaster. I am so happy.

I'm still in shock. The Devils had no business winning this game but pulled it off somehow. If they come out on home ice Friday and play the way they are capable of and have showed us time and time again, then I like their chances. Go Devils!

if Marty wins the Cup, does he retire?

Mike