GDT - 3/2/14 @ 3:00pm: Sharks vs Devils

Mike Brown

Like 7 said earlier, when exactly is this 'easy' part of the schedule coming lol...all we kept hearing about how easy the stretch run was going to be and now it's well they're playing the Sharks, they're playing the Wings.  Bottom line they haven't played like a team that's deserved to make the playoffs.  They can't put together a three-game winning streak to save their lives and they need at least one or two long winning streaks down the stretch to have any hope of survival.

Detroit isn't that good.  That's part of why this is considered an 'easy' stretch run.  They're not one of the top possession teams in the league anymore, they have a negative goal differential, and Zetterberg is definitely out and I think Datsyuk is too.  I'd take NJ's current roster over Detroit's current roster 10 times out of 10.

Detroit isn't that good.  That's part of why this is considered an 'easy' stretch run.  They're not one of the top possession teams in the league anymore, they have a negative goal differential, and Zetterberg is definitely out and I think Datsyuk is too.  I'd take NJ's current roster over Detroit's current roster 10 times out of 10.

Detroit also has two games in hand. All the pressure is on the Devils, they need 4 out of 4 points here. Even if we take 3 out of 4 Detroit is still in pretty good shape. Plus tomorrow is 4 games in 6 nights. That's brutal

This is tough. There is just too much that needs to happen that hasn't happened yet this year. A long winning streak and a shootout win. We need those to start happening. 

Edited by '7'

Like 7 said earlier, when exactly is this 'easy' part of the schedule coming lol...all we kept hearing about how easy the stretch run was going to be and now it's well they're playing the Sharks, they're playing the Wings.  Bottom line they haven't played like a team that's deserved to make the playoffs.  They can't put together a three-game winning streak to save their lives and they need at least one or two long winning streaks down the stretch to have any hope of survival.

Isles-Panthers-Sabres. Late march through early April where those teams will likely be stripped down and going through the motions. Only easy 3 game stretch a see. Although we might be buried by then and the games not matter

This ^^^ Detroit's really not that good; they're no San Jose or Chicago. They're another team just outside of a playoff picture, just like us, nothing more nothing less.

Going into this week, I thought the Columbus game would be tougher for us than these upcoming Detroit games. There's no reason we can't get a minimum of 3 points out of these next games, 4 if they keep up the consistency of the way they've been playing the past week (yes, even the way they played San Jose probably beats a team like Detroit).

Edited by DJ Eco

Devils are not as bad as their record is and the roster isnt awful by any stretch.  Unfortunately, they've barely been able to put out their full lineup due to injuries.  Whether it's been Clowe, Elias, Brunner, etc there is always someone injured.  Don't even get me started on the shootout.  

Fact is, NJ has a reasonable chance to make the playoffs despite the aforementioned issues. They lost two 30+ goal scorers in 12 months, what'd you expect them to be a top team? You can't replace Parise and Kovalchuk overnight, but Lou has done a decent job considering his options