TB offering season tickets for $200, Pens offering free food

JWomp

Pretty neat promotion. Granted, Tampa Bay isn't the most traditional hockey market, but it's still a cool deal.

In about the best way they can say sorry to the fans in Tampa, the Lightning are offering up 200 season tickets for this season for just $200. Do the math, and on a 24-game home schedule, that's $8.33 per ticket. Even if you're frustrated, that's a pretty tough deal to turn down.

http://www.cbssports...ts-for-just-200

I wonder what other teams will do to entice fans.

Update: Penguins announce their gimmick - free food at the first four games, and 50% off in the team store: http://penguins.nhl....-email-penguins

The Pittsburgh Penguins will offer FREE selected concession items and “half off” all merchandise at the team’s first four games at CONSOL Energy Center.

Every fan attending each of those games will receive a voucher for three free concession items. Fans may choose from among hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, nachos, popcorn, pretzels, salads and fountain drinks.

All merchandise at “PensGear” stores will be half off for the first four games.

Edited by JWomp

This is what is such a joke when people talk about the Devils attendance.. The Lightning had like 95% attendance last season, which sounds great and all, but they charge very very little for seats.. They had $8 a game season tickets..

Sure, it gets people to games and gets them interested in following the team, but you can't fund a successful franchise with what they're charging at the gate.. Furthermore, when you actually go to raise prices once you believe you have the market hooked, fans will complain about it (even though you're just raising them to a normal, fair amount) because they're used to paying the lower price.. No one is going to say "Well I got a good deal for a while but I guess enough is enough"

It's an interesting approach but I don't think it can sustain.. The Devils may not have as many butts in seats, but we're bringing in more money (which is all that really matters) and I think our variable pricing model is much more sustainable

Edited by Colin226

Penguins announce their gimmick: free food at the first four games, and 50% off in the team store: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=649706&cmpid=pit-email-penguins

The Pittsburgh Penguins will offer FREE selected concession items and “half off” all merchandise at the team’s first four games at CONSOL Energy Center.

Every fan attending each of those games will receive a voucher for three free concession items. Fans may choose from among hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, nachos, popcorn, pretzels, salads and fountain drinks.

All merchandise at “PensGear” stores will be half off for the first four games.

Honestly most of the promos will probably be some sort of revisiting what they ahve already tried to do for spiking attendance at the poorer attended games we already have (discounts and packages with more desirable games). The best thing for the devils is the continued development on the West, North and East side of the arena that allows a trip to the game to be a greater experience and therefor carry value.

What I'd like to see from the Devils is a refund for the first 3 home games if you can't attend them since this schedule isn't even out yet and it's suppose to start in a week. Not everybody can change their work schedule in a moments notice.

Well really it's ten days since the Devils 'can't' have a home game till the 22nd, no matter what. But yeah it's going to be a bit of a pita if you made plans and only have a certain amount of time to sell your tickets.

And I do think the Devils will offer something. The Fan Experience team has been a bit more accomodating in recent years. It might not be something everyone likes or can use, but they're definitely going to have to offer something. What's going to be interesting to me is how sth's get 'made whole' vis-a-vis certain sth rewards they were supposed to get/food and drink cards/etc.

Edited by NJDevs4978

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/10/if-you-buy-tickets-to-nashvilles-first-home-game-the-second-one-is-free/

Nashville offering a deal where you buy opening day tickets, you get the second game free. Plus half off soda and certain domestic draft beers, and a dollar dog night during the second game. Damn.

I called for a ticket plan today. Seasons in the 100 level - 900 a month for three people. Yeah...not sure that's going to happen.

I might renew my All-Star plan though. I was paying 250 a month and I expected/thought unrealstically that I could get a similar value with seasons. Oh well...

Edited by TheMazz

This is what is such a joke when people talk about the Devils attendance.. The Lightning had like 95% attendance last season, which sounds great and all, but they charge very very little for seats.. They had $8 a game season tickets..

Sure, it gets people to games and gets them interested in following the team, but you can't fund a successful franchise with what they're charging at the gate.. Furthermore, when you actually go to raise prices once you believe you have the market hooked, fans will complain about it (even though you're just raising them to a normal, fair amount) because they're used to paying the lower price.. No one is going to say "Well I got a good deal for a while but I guess enough is enough"

It's an interesting approach but I don't think it can sustain.. The Devils may not have as many butts in seats, but we're bringing in more money (which is all that really matters) and I think our variable pricing model is much more sustainable

Indeed. You can't even run an AHL franchise on $8 tickets. Well, I suppose you could if you had an arena the size of Tampa's and you were guaranteed to sell out most of the time. Even then, you could probably only run an AHL team, you couldn't sustain a NHL franchise with that kind of revenue. Tampa's owners must be loaded.

http://prohockeytalk...nd-one-is-free/

Nashville offering a deal where you buy opening day tickets, you get the second game free. Plus half off soda and certain domestic draft beers, and a dollar dog night during the second game. Damn.

They're also offering a promotion where you can bring your wife/sister/first cousin for free.

See, I made a joke since Nashville is in the south where they do the incest.

They're also offering a promotion where you can bring your wife/sister/first cousin for free.

See, I made a joke since Nashville is in the south where they do the incest.

hahaha The clarification ended up being funnier than the joke. I see what you did there...