It's time for Kovalchuk to step up and play hurt

'7'

Saturday will be week 2 of what...a 2-4 week injury (or was it 2-3 weeks?) regardless, it's not like he just got hurt yesterday, he's had some time to heal and his legs are fine. He can still skate.

This team is desperate for some kind of scoring threat out there. They are trying to piece it together in any way possible and nothing is working. Just having him out there at 80% is better than any other offensive presence on this team. It gives the other team somebody that must be respected

The Devils have taking this putrid no-offense play as far as they can. It's crunch time now, we're out of the playoffs. All hands on deck....no more babying. Get Kovy out on the ice. Get him his injections, his oxycontin. Whatever he needs...he just needs to play

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still do not know how serious his injury was, though. Wasn't he in a sling just a couple days ago?

I, for one, hope he doesn't play hurt. The team needs to learn how to succeed when faced with adversity. More importantly, I would never want to risk seeing Kovalchuk get more seriously injured because he was rushed.

Who do you think you are telling Kovy he should step up and play hurt. First of all, you're risking him further injury a hurt shoulder, when he's got over a decade left to play for us.. You need to try and keep him healthy as could be

And this is all for a fight for 8th place!! Not the CUP, for 8th place!

Second, if you don't think Kovy would be out there if he could be you're out of you mind. Guys in a sling for Christ sake, you're crazy for expecting him to just suck it up

Edited by Onddeck

If anyone doesnt think he has at least a TYPE II acromioclavicular separation or better known as a separated shoulder, then you are sadly mistaken.
Kovalchuk should be out the entire season in order to heal if that's the case.
It's a complicated injury and playing hockey is probably one of the worse things you can do, besides swing a bat, when having this type of injury.

The fact that he is still in a sling and that there was a recent tweet stating he's "not coming back in the near future", seriously leads me to believe I'm 100% correct with my assumptions.
If anything we should trade him.
Just sayin..

Edited by BigZ

Even when he comes back, he won't be able to shoot nearly as well as he can. This is gonna take some time for him to recover from.

Remember when Jagr blew off his moronic shoulder injury and came back against us?    That went great.    A player on the ice that basically can't shoot isn't very useful.

If anyone doesnt think he has at least a TYPE II acromioclavicular separation or better known as a separated shoulder, then you are sadly mistaken.

Kovalchuk should be out the entire season in order to heal if that's the case.

It's a complicated injury and playing hockey is probably one of the worse things you can do, besides swing a bat, when having this type of injury.

The fact that he is still in a sling and that there was a recent tweet stating he's "not coming back in the near future", seriously leads me to believe I'm 100% correct with my assumptions.

If anything we should trade him.

Just sayin..

Saying to trade kovy is ridiculous. First it's fire deboer now trade kovy? Your a fan of this team?

Edited by CarterforPresident

stick with predictions ^7^ - you're not so good with the whole coaching thing

Kovy is a softie, just like Steven was when he retired. 

you forgot the S

{EDIT:  oh say, and can you post a picture with that - maybe one sans the uniform?}

Edited by Pepperkorn