Devils have recalled Sislo, Pesonen and Gelinas

SterioDesign

im currently please at this very moment until they announce that Larsson or Fayne will be sitting for Gelinas

and we all know it's gonna happen

I hope your wrong, the point is to get the veterans out to play the young kids.  The players who have been playing the whole year, sit Volchenkov and Tallinder, add Gelinas.  It would be nice to see what a possible defense is in our future.

I hope your wrong, the point is to get the veterans out to play the young kids.  The players who have been playing the whole year, sit Volchenkov and Tallinder, add Gelinas.  It would be nice to see what a possible defense is in our future.

annnnnnnnnd Sullivan is in tonight and Henrique out. BOOM

Why? Henrique hasn't done sh!t in weeks.

Re:  Henrique, this is the second straight season he's faded offensively as the year went on (did have a memorable playoff last season though).  Three points in his last 17 GP. 

67 pts in 115 GP.  Not sure how much I'd count on him to be a key offensive cog for the Devils going forward. 

Re:  Henrique, this is the second straight season he's faded offensively as the year went on (did have a memorable playoff last season though).  Three points in his last 17 GP. 

67 pts in 115 GP.  Not sure how much I'd count on him to be a key offensive cog for the Devils going forward. 

About as well as Parise did in his first two years.  In fact, I think it's better.

As much as I'd keep Henrique in there for Poni, Henrique's been mediocre too - so whatever, it's fine.

My big thing is moving forward next year, Henrique will be on the team, so...he should be in the line up.

My would be line up tonight:

Zubrus-Loktionov-Kovy

Elias-Zajac-Sullivan (throw the old man a bone)

Henrique-Josefson-Clarkson

CBGB

Urbom-Tallinder

Greene-Larsson

Zidlicky-Volchenkov (Only because Fayne is nagging injury apparently)

With these last few games of the season of rather see the kids and the players we will mos likely never see again play over those who will be key parts in the future.

Kovy should sit too IMO. I'd rather him start resting up that shoulder for next season now than risk further injury.

About as well as Parise did in his first two years.  In fact, I think it's better.

Parise scored 31 goals and added 31 assists in his second season.  He scored 45 goals and added 49 assists for 94 points in 163 GP in his first two years.  His first season was a struggle, but he finished strong, with 10 points in his last 14 GP (6 G and 4 A).

So after going through some growing pains in his rookie year, he had a 95 game stretch in his first two years where he scored 37 goals and added 35 assists, for 72 points.  Henrique hasn't touched this kind of production, and in fairness to him, I don't think he's expected to.  But in fairness, he has not been as good or better than Parise in his first two seasons. 

Henrique has been nowhere near Parise his first two seasons. Henrique has shown flashes, but his inconsistency espc this season has been rather maddening. Parise's only dry spell really came at the very beginning of his career. I also think this year is sort of a wash because of its shortened nature. Next year will be the bellweather on Henrique.

I also don't see the point of complaining about a lineup in a meaningless game. This team is going to look different come October, so any projection to next year is a bit of a reach at this moment. Sit Henrique tonight, he'll be back on Thursday. I do agree that I wouldn't be adverse to shutting Kovy down, but at the same time if he wants to play and feels good enough to play, I dont see the harm.

The only thing I want to see is if we have a chance to oust the Rags on Saturday, we go all out. However, it would take something monumental happening over the next few days for us to have that chance.

Agree that next year is a big one for Henrique.  Not saying he can't be a useful player, but the Devils clearly need to find some goal-scorers, and need to find out if Henrique can be one.

Because he's a young player who can gain some valuable playing time under little pressure.

He's played in every single game this season. One game isn't going to make or break his development. I'd be shocked if he sits another game. Sitting him may wake him up for the last two. It just doesn't matter much at all. Sullivan is probably going to retire so let him have the minutes. I see nothing wrong at all with the move. Espc since Henrique has flat out sucked for the last 15 or so games. He has 4 SOG over the last 3 games, which is terrible. Heck, he's had 5 SOG once the entire year, 4 a couple of times, and LOTS of 1's.

If this was Larsson we were talking about, I'd agree. He needs to play. Henrique doesn't.

Edited by ghdi

:doh1:

Because he's a young player who can gain some valuable playing time under little pressure.

Maybe he will gain something valuable from watching. Just playing isn't the only thing that gives a player experience. The coach and player seem to be on the same page here:

"We had a tough stretch and now we're officially out, which is obviously disappointing." Henrique said. "I'll watch the game tonight and sometimes it's good just to take a step back and be able to see the game and watch the game up top. I'll come back and it will be a positive thing."

Henrique should be watching the wingers because that's where he belongs long-term. I'm hoping they'll see that by training camp next season.

It is not surprising that not playing with Kovalchuk and Parise means Henrique's point totals are down.  He's just not that great with the puck.  It would not surprise me if Henrique's 1st season represents a career high in points.

• Like 1

Parise scored 31 goals and added 31 assists in his second season.  He scored 45 goals and added 49 assists for 94 points in 163 GP in his first two years.  His first season was a struggle, but he finished strong, with 10 points in his last 14 GP (6 G and 4 A).

So after going through some growing pains in his rookie year, he had a 95 game stretch in his first two years where he scored 37 goals and added 35 assists, for 72 points.  Henrique hasn't touched this kind of production, and in fairness to him, I don't think he's expected to.  But in fairness, he has not been as good or better than Parise in his first two seasons. 

The point proportion for the first two years still tips in Henrique's favor.  You're right that Henrique is not going to be as good, and Parise's performance accelerated in his second year while Henrique has plateaued, albeit without the benefit of a full season.  However, his point production isstill very good for a second year player that isn't named Stamkos or Crosby.  

The point proportion for the first two years still tips in Henrique's favor.  You're right that Henrique is not going to be as good, and Parise's performance accelerated in his second year while Henrique has plateaued, albeit without the benefit of a full season.  However, his point production isstill very good for a second year player that isn't named Stamkos or Crosby.  

I sure hope so. I think a lot of people were getting ahead of themselves when they were projecting Henrique as a 60-70 point center. Hell, if he has a few more years at 45-55 I'll be happy. He is extremely valuable though because he is very good on the penalty good and plays decent defense.