Rolston

moustic

Just read Rolston's quotes from TG, and all I could think is that Brian Rolston needs to shut the fvck up. He got a ridiculous contract that severely overpaid him. Not for one minute of this contract did he even play close to the way he did with the Wild. Brian Rolston was never worth $5 million at any level in his career, and he certainly never lived up to that amount here. His agent took advantage of a pathetic free agent year just like Wade Redden and Brian Campbell's agents did. And look where Wade Redden is...stuck in the minors for years. Brian Campbell could be there too but his contract is just too ridiculous, and it cost the Hawks some serious talen this off-season. So he should count his lucky stars he isn't where Redden is. Because he could have been there a long time ago. It helped that the Devils were not in cap trouble and things were going so well in 2009 for anyone to really care.

Where was the great shot to help the power play? Where was the great speed he had? Where was the good two-way game and the effort? None of that has been there for two-and-a-half years. Instead we saw some serious pansy ass sh!t along the boards and a piss-poor effort.

Oh and Rolston things he is a sacrificial lamb? Here's a message to him: You're not a sacraficial lamb you idiot. You don't think Lou has tried to move half the roster already. He'd trade 4-5 guys, but knows he can get some value at the deadline. You on the other hand have no value. Not only do you have no value at your current contract, but not one GM in the league would take you at half the price. But you blame the economy? Is that a joke? Have you seen teams slow down the spending? The answer is no. Still a ton of players getting overpaid. It isn't the economy. It is 29 other GMs in the league have you seen you play against them and know you suck. That is why no one wants you. Because you fvcking suck and will be 39 next season. It is because you have 2 goals right now and are on pace to finish the year with 6. It is because every team for the league min can get a guy who will give more of an effort and might score the same amount of goals. But sure blame the economy. And back to the sacrificial lamb part. You want to know a real sacrificial lamb? How about John MacLean. The coach who got canned for coaching a bunch of sh!tty hockey players like yourself with big ass contracts like yourself. He will most likely not touch a head coaching gig for years if he is even lucky because of players like you with big fat contracts. That is a sacrificial lamb, especially when the GM cant get rid of half your teammates. This is the new NHL. sh!t like this happens to guys with big contracts all the time. Except most of those guys are simply cap casualties who actually give a fvcking effort. You are lucky you are still with the Devils and not in Albany. Maybe down there you'd see some guys actually working their ass off to get to a league you've taken advantage of for the past few years. Take some responsibility.

End of rant.

Edited by devilsrule33
  • Like 1

Just read Rolston's quotes from TG, and all I could think is that Brian Rolston needs to shut the fvck up. He got a ridiculous contract that severely overpaid him. Not for one minute of this contract did he even play close to the way he did with the Wild. Brian Rolston was never worth $5 million at any level in his career, and he certainly never lived up to that amount here. His agent took advantage of a pathetic free agent year just like Wade Redden and Brian Campbell's agents did. And look where Wade Redden is...stuck in the minors for years. Brian Campbell could be there too but his contract is just too ridiculous, and it cost the Hawks some serious talen this off-season. So he should count his lucky stars he isn't where Redden is. Because he could have been there a long time ago. It helped that the Devils were not in cap trouble and things were going so well in 2009 for anyone to really care.

Where was the great shot to help the power play? Where was the great speed he had? Where was the good two-way game and the effort? None of that has been there for two-and-a-half years. Instead we saw some serious pansy ass sh!t along the boards and a piss-poor effort.

Oh and Rolston things he is a sacrificial lamb? Here's a message to him: You're not a sacraficial lamb you idiot. You don't think Lou has tried to move half the roster already. He'd trade 4-5 guys, but knows he can get some value at the deadline. You on the other hand have no value. Not only do you have no value at your current contract, but not one GM in the league would take you at half the price. But you blame the economy? Is that a joke? Have you seen teams slow down the spending? The answer is no. 29 other GMs in the league have you seen you play against them and know you suck. That is why no one wants you. Because you fvcking suck. And back to the sacrificial lamb part. You want to know a real sacrificial lamb? How about John MacLean. The coach who got canned for coaching a bunch of sh!tty hockey players like yourself with big ass contracts like yourself. That is a sacrificial lamb, especially when the GM cant get rid of half your teammates. This is the new NHL. sh!t like this happens to guys with big contracts all the time. Except most of those guys are simply cap casualties who actually give a fvcking effort. You are lucky you are still with the Devils and not in Albany. Maybe down there you'd see some guys actually working their ass off to get to a league you've taken advantage of for the past few years.

End of rant.

I'm going to cut down this rant and keep it in my "scream things during game" file for when I have mental breakdowns at games, which are coming at an alarming rate.

I agree, Rolston saying he's a "sacrificial lamb" is a joke. If he didn't play crappy the Devils wouldn't want to get rid of him. If he didn't play really crappy then teams would have been beating the door down to trade for him. If he didn't playing extraordinarily crappy then teams would have claimed him off waivers. If he didn't play amazingly crappy then teams would have loved to have him at half price.

It seems to me that Rolston had at least 4 levels of chances to not have been "sacrificed", apparently, out of a hat.

Sometimes guys need to think what they need to think. If it makes Rolston happy to consider himself a sacrificial lamb that's fine -- anything he can do to convince the league of that is fine too! Devils tried to create some/any illusion of value he may have and failed -- if Rolston can generate some kind of interested crying - go for it, son!

It hurts no one to have him weepy and believe what he need to believe. Sometimes money isn't enough - maybe you can't buy a sense of worth. As for his not deserving to have one - every human deserves to have the sense of worth he needs to carry on - even if delusions are involved. Actions speak louder than words. It woudl have been nice if Rolston produced but you know, I think everyone knew the contract was impossible for him to live up to.

To ME that's on Lemaire as far as the organization is concerned. The breech of trust is between Lou and Lemaire and then between Lemaire and Rolston.

for the most part, rolston is saying all the right things. i can't kill him here.

what it being glossed over is that it's clear that room had issue with lou from the summer on in that he didn't address the cap issues and left a hanging cloud over this team from that point on.

many people deserve on pox on their houses for this season.

Lou needs to step down as GM in the offseason. He's looking lost and incompetent with no direction and that's been a trend since the lockout.

Rolston may be trying to say all the right things, but he's paid to do the right things on the ice and he hasnt. I have no sympathy for him.

Oh and Rolston things he is a sacrificial lamb? Here's a message to him: You're not a sacraficial lamb you idiot. You don't think Lou has tried to move half the roster already. He'd trade 4-5 guys, but knows he can get some value at the deadline. You on the other hand have no value. Not only do you have no value at your current contract, but not one GM in the league would take you at half the price. But you blame the economy? Is that a joke? Have you seen teams slow down the spending? The answer is no. Still a ton of players getting overpaid. It isn't the economy. It is 29 other GMs in the league have you seen you play against them and know you suck. That is why no one wants you. Because you fvcking suck and will be 39 next season. It is because you have 2 goals right now and are on pace to finish the year with 6. It is because every team for the league min can get a guy who will give more of an effort and might score the same amount of goals. But sure blame the economy. And back to the sacrificial lamb part. You want to know a real sacrificial lamb? How about John MacLean. The coach who got canned for coaching a bunch of sh!tty hockey players like yourself with big ass contracts like yourself. He will most likely not touch a head coaching gig for years if he is even lucky because of players like you with big fat contracts. That is a sacrificial lamb, especially when the GM cant get rid of half your teammates. This is the new NHL. sh!t like this happens to guys with big contracts all the time. Except most of those guys are simply cap casualties who actually give a fvcking effort. You are lucky you are still with the Devils and not in Albany. Maybe down there you'd see some guys actually working their ass off to get to a league you've taken advantage of for the past few years. Take some responsibility.

End of rant.

I nominate this for post of the year 2010, and it's an early favorite for 2011. Well said dr.

Sometimes guys need to think what they need to think. If it makes Rolston happy to consider himself a sacrificial lamb that's fine -- anything he can do to convince the league of that is fine too! Devils tried to create some/any illusion of value he may have and failed -- if Rolston can generate some kind of interested crying - go for it, son!

It hurts no one to have him weepy and believe what he need to believe. Sometimes money isn't enough - maybe you can't buy a sense of worth. As for his not deserving to have one - every human deserves to have the sense of worth he needs to carry on - even if delusions are involved. Actions speak louder than words. It woudl have been nice if Rolston produced but you know, I think everyone knew the contract was impossible for him to live up to.

To ME that's on Lemaire as far as the organization is concerned. The breech of trust is between Lou and Lemaire and then between Lemaire and Rolston.

This post surprises me. I figured you would be harder on someone who is not looking at things realistically.

This post surprises me. I figured you would be harder on someone who is not looking at things realistically.

Agreed. How has Lou and Lemaire "breached" the trust? By giving out ridiculously long contracts with excessive trade/movement clauses? Lou and ownership sold to the hilt this season with Kovy and the Cap and it's had some ramifications I'll admit. But for Rolston to use the whole cap thing as an excuse is such a sissy cop-out for his ridiculously insulting level of play. Play good hockey and it's a moot point. You win, and there's no need for people to look behind their shoulders.

I for one have to say, I hope whoever the new GM is, clears the roster of every single veteran. They all seem to live in this la-la land that they are still in their mid-20s and that they are on retirement contracts which prohibit them from accepting any responsibility or accountability.

Even Elias and White both of whom I love dearly has sometimes had some quotes where you scratch your head.

I want a young, speedy, and skilled and dynamic hockey team going forward. Enough with the so-called veterans. Too much money for too little production and effort but a lot of drama served on the side.

The only thing Lou is responsible for is for believing in this group of players. The breach of trust screwed Lou, not Rolston. I feel bad for Lou. The veterans burned him.

• Like 1

End of rant.

Thank you you took the words out of my mouth.

Lou needs to step down as GM in the offseason. He's looking lost and incompetent with no direction and that's been a trend since the lockout.

Rolston may be trying to say all the right things, but he's paid to do the right things on the ice and he hasnt. I have no sympathy for him.

Why wait until the off season. I don't want his son as GM either.

Edited by LucifersDog