on November 11, when Minnesota comes to town, what do we do to Zach?

snartly

102 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do when Parise comes back to Jersey

• Boo at him every time he touches the puck
    • applaud him before the game for all of his work for the devils
    • Chant "Kovy's better"

Again, this isn't the time to be pleading for leniency in front of an angry mob. I don't understand why people don't get this. If you want to make this argument on November 10 about how Zach's a good guy and all and complain how people aren't over it, whatever. The wound's too fresh now, you and everyone else are not going to get anywhere arguing this point this week.

No offense but people arguing how we're being too hard on Zach and why we shouldn't hate him are annoying me almost as much as Zach's bromance itself. He's not a Devil anymore and he left us, why should I give two ***** about being fair to him now? And if he felt he was going to be here all along, why was he talking with Suter during the season about linking up? Please.

exactly. It's like, "STFU." He's not a Devil anyways...let us vent.

What does really piss me off about this whole thing is the fact that he only went to Minnesota because suter signed there and they wanted to play together. Even Zach said if suter signed with Detroit he would have stayed in nj. That to me only proves Zach is not a man who can think for himself and is suters little bitch boy.

Just think of how sh!tty this would feel if you were one of Zach's friends on the Devils... Or maybe he didn't have any friends and that's why he left.

DR, I like you a lot and have always respected you as a poster. But I think you're being naïve. I don't mean that as an insult, or to be an a$$hole. I just think you're not seeing the forest for the trees here, and you're head's buried in the sand. And that's fine, that's your right. Its a free society and I respect your position. But I disagree with it, and there's plenty of evidence that Zach Parise is a first-class liar. I don't need to re-hash it here, it's been beaten to death in about 5 different threads. If you choose to take Zach at face value about the July 2 bullsh!t, feel free. But it's plain to see what happened here, and we have every right to be pissed off. So let's agree to disagree, because I've come to my verdict on Zach Parise, and it's that he's a lying scumbag.

Exactly how I feel, sums it up perfectly. It is what it is, and we shouldn't have emotionally invested ourselves in a great salesman who turned out to be a phony bullsh!t artist.

The more i think about it... the guys said all along he wanted to be here... that this is where he wanted to be... that fans shouldnt worry etc etc etc...

ok at the end of the day he went home, so i guess some people will understand that...

but then... why did he had to go through all the other options and take THIS LONG if he either... Really wanted to stay in NJ or maybe go home... he flirted with bunch of others teams (i know out of curiosity you want to know and all... but still)

so that PLUS that he was talking with Suter all along...

i mean... Zajac and the team must feel like sh!t that Zach decided to go play with his "other friend" saying that he would like to play with a dman like that and bla bla... i just hope Larsson win a Norris and that Suter doesnt lol

You guys have issues. He went home. Family, wife, childhood, friends. If anything this move shows what kinda priorities the man has in life. I almost like him more now then when he was a devil.

I'd take 'going home' a little more seriously if he wasn't also getting $98 million for it. People talk like he took a discount to go home :giggle:

And our issue isn't that he left, it's that he spent a year and a half begging for an extension through the media when he never really intended to re-sign with us at all. All along we've been killing the team and ownership for not coming up with the money when fact was it was all just an elaborate act.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Sadly, we don't do things as a group. He will be booed by most, far less will applaud.

We still boo Gomer and Martin! Christsakes move on! It makes us look so uneducated.

I remember when Marty achieved some milestone (personally) in Montreal, (I realize he's from that neck of the woods).and Habs fans cheered/applauded for him at the end of the game in their building. Comment was they're "classy". That wouldn't happen in our building if a player on another team achieved something.

I think we should applaud, and then once the puck is dropped, his years here are erased.

You guys have issues. He went home. Family, wife, childhood, friends. If anything this move shows what kinda priorities the man has in life. I almost like him more now then when he was a devil.

Wasn't his wife a teacher in New Jersey? Now she's out of a job and won't be living in the climate of New Jersey. I know this doesn't seem like much but Minnesota's winter basically starts in October And they are positioned in such a way that jet streams reak havoc on them. Temperatures can fluctuate rapidly, and are BELOW ZERO for like 2/3 of winter.

In an article that ranked the best 100 place to live in America, 7 of those cities were right here in New Jersey, while only one was in Minnesota. New jersey gets a bad rap because we also have Elizabeth, Camden, Trenton, Newark, Irvington...etc. but we also have some of the best places to live.

If he really wanted the best for his family he plans on starting, he would have built a house in Morris County, sent his kids to private school, and continued living in the state that is within driving distance of the biggest cities in the world. However, if he wanted the best for HIM, then he should have gone to Minnesota and made more money while living in a frozen wasteland while his unemployed wife sits at home and dies from boredom. Don't mistake his priorities, this was a selfish move.

puke.gif

Wasn't his wife a teacher in New Jersey? Now she's out of a job and won't be living in the climate of New Jersey. I know this doesn't seem like much but Minnesota's winter basically starts in October And they are positioned in such a way that jet streams reak havoc on them. Temperatures can fluctuate rapidly, and are BELOW ZERO for like 2/3 of winter.

In an article that ranked the best 100 place to live in America, 7 of those cities were right here in New Jersey, while only one was in Minnesota. New jersey gets a bad rap because we also have Elizabeth, Camden, Trenton, Newark, Irvington...etc. but we also have some of the best places to live.

If he really wanted the best for his family he plans on starting, he would have built a house in Morris County, sent his kids to private school, and continued living in the state that is within driving distance of the biggest cities in the world. However, if he wanted the best for HIM, then he should have gone to Minnesota and made more money while living in a frozen wasteland while his unemployed wife sits at home and dies from boredom. Don't mistake his priorities, this was a selfish move.

Again his wife is not a teacher from nj. She is a nutritionist from Minnesota and they met when they were in college at ND.

There are plenty of websites that confirm this and she won't be out a job.

Again his wife is not a teacher from nj. She is a nutritionist from Minnesota and they met when they were in college at ND.

There are plenty of websites that confirm this and she won't be out a job.

Oops well I don't remember where I heard that, I think here actually... Anyway, she wasn't living in New Jersey for these 7 years?

I'd take 'going home' a little more seriously if he wasn't also getting $98 million for it. People talk like he took a discount to go home :giggle:

I can not "blame" him for taking the paycheck, he took what they offered. (though I think he WOULD have taken less in minnie)

I just don't like that he CHOSE minnie over Jersey. That sh!t aint right man. urg.gif

We still boo Gomer and Martin! Christsakes move on! It makes us look so uneducated.

No, it makes us passionate, not uneducated. as a matter of fact, in my book, not seeing that shows a gap in education. huh.gif

As far as Marty getting applause in montreal, of course he did, he is FROM there, and hell Cheering for Marty in any arena is same as cheering the Stanley Cup. They are both respected, holy pieces of the NHL!

My favorite part is the whole, "he's such a great guy for specifically making sure that him and Suter got the same exact contracts; that Suter didn't get any less money." Oh please...that's called being a spoiled brat...you didn't make Minny underpay you, you made them overpay Suter. Thankfully for them, the Wild are like bad, enabling parents.

Edited by ben00rs
  • Like 1

Did you really just say that? I can just picture you sitting in the stands when everyone is booing, looking around, sipping tea, and saying in a high-class British accent, "These brutes, they're so uneducated...they're savages really." Off the high horse bro...come on...down ya go.

Sadly, we don't do things as a group. He will be booed by most, far less will applaud.

I remember when Marty achieved some milestone (personally) in Montreal, (I realize he's from that neck of the woods).and Habs fans cheered/applauded for him at the end of the game in their building. Comment was they're "classy". That wouldn't happen in our building if a player on another team achieved something.

I think we should applaud, and then once the puck is dropped, his years here are erased.

What a load of bs. Gomez went to the Rangers! The fvcking Rangers! And it's not like he only went to the team to play, he made it out like it was his childhood dream to play for them. I'll never cheer that guy, ever. Nobody really boos Martin much anymore cause he sucks, hell even most Penguins fans don't like him.

Now let's get the 2nd part of your bs out of the way. The Montreal fans cheered Marty cause he's a French Canadian. They will cheer anyone who does well that's French Canadian. That's how they are.

Edited by Satans Hockey

oh come on...... Montreal? They are terrible.

Remember when we're playing them? They Boo Kovy the whole game! for what reasons? you tell me.

oh come on...... Montreal? They are terrible.

Remember when we're playing them? They Boo Kovy the whole game! for what reasons? you tell me.

Remember when Canadiens fans boo'd the U.S. national anthem and then Boston fans cheered the Canadien anthem in response?

Remember when Canadiens fans cheered for Zdeno Chara, lying on the ice, injured and bleeding?

vadvlfan this post of yours was a real beauty.

Edited by ben00rs

I actually love the Montreal fans haha. I go to Montreal once a year to see the Devils play there. The fans are very nice and I met a lot of good people up there, of course they do a lot of odd things during a hockey game, they are different but very passionate.

Edited by Zubie#8
  • Like 1