First Round: The Florida Panthers

Steven M.

its sounds ridiculously simplistic but i really think it comes down to the following rule throughout the playoffs:

marty has to have a GAA right around 2.

that's it.

if marty keeps his GAA what it's been since the ASG (2.05) and the devils score to their avg - 2.6, they'll be in pretty good shape.

For me, the key to the series is going to be how well the Devils D performs. If they can hold down the fort, and the Clemmer doesn't stand on his head, the Devils should win this series fairly easily. But if the D isn't able to contain that top line and Clemmer is really on his game, then it could be a long, painful series. Overall, though, I'm pretty hopeful.

I think we can win this series easily, but it's the playoffs. Anything can happen, and, weak as their division is, the Panthers belong here. I'm taking nothing for granted, and would be happy with a series win, be it 4 games or 7.

Honestly I really do not care if they recognize Henrique or not. Hell I will go on to say that I hope he doesn't win the Calder as looking over the last 20 years of winners it looks like it is sorta a kiss of death for some players.

As long as he keeps playing well I am happy.

Edited by DevsMan84

Personally, I don't care who wins Pens/Flyers, just as long as they beat up on each other so the winner doesn't escape unharmed. If the Pens were to win the series as CBS thinks, I don't think it'll be 4-1, more likely 4-2 or 4-3. Unless the Flyers just submit, it's gonna be a close series.

I'm getting pissed off reading predictions. I just don't see this being a close series. The only way it goes more than 5 is if the team doesn't show up to play.

Edit: Okay, finally found one that didn't piss me off.

The problem is this team overall lacks a killer instinct so I could see this going more than 5.

Edited by Marv4Life

5 impact rookies to watch for in the playoffs:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7790810/five-rookies-an-impact

Is Henrique part of it? Of course not, silly.

Well in fairness a couple of those guys (Voynov, Shaw) did get thrust into prominent roles due to trade and injury. And Henrique's own role and production has decreased recently. But yeah, he has gotten overlooked by the national media. Especially considering the national media can't wait to pimp Matt Read all over the place. I could be wrong but I honestly don't remember him being a big factor against us once this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Personally, I don't care who wins Pens/Flyers, just as long as they beat up on each other so the winner doesn't escape unharmed. If the Pens were to win the series as CBS thinks, I don't think it'll be 4-1, more likely 4-2 or 4-3. Unless the Flyers just submit, it's gonna be a close series.

could not have said it better :cheers:

It's interesting, for a team that's been mediocre for so long, they talk a lotta sh!t now that they have, "won their division." (which I take about as much stock in that as I did when my 7-9 Seattle Seahawks won their division, Lol)

But the Panthers are a .500 team... as long as you ignore that OTL column! When you win 38 games out of 82, you are not a .500 team. Sorry fans.

The last time the Devils scored a goal 3-on-5 was against the Panthers in the 2000 playoffs!

Niedermayer Madden and someone else (Stevens?) out on the ice.

Game 2:

Second Period

Scoring:New Jersey, Niedermayer 1 (shorthanded) (Madden, Stevens), 0:56.

Edited by aylbert

If they don't show up to play 100 % every shift after not making the playoffs last year the team should be overhauled imo. The core is the same that lost to the rags, flyers, n canes. If they don't come out with a chip on their shoulder looking for revenge then the core has to go. I do think Kovy has the fire to be a beast and get the emotion up.

Edited by JRZYRIPPER

Kovy has the ability to single handily take over the entire playoffs, he seriously does. I want to see fire from him and from our players to all come up strong in their respective ways

Obviously, that's be the ideal situation lol

Edited by Onddeck

If they don't show up to play 100 % every shift after not making the playoffs last year the team should be overhauled imo. The core is the same that lost to the rags, flyers, n canes. If they don't come out with a chip on their shoulder looking for revenge then the core has to go. I do think Kovy has the fire to be a beast and get the emotion up.

So you're saying get rid of parise, elias, zajac, clarkson, zubrus, greene, and marty? They're the only ones to play for those three teams.