I Need Your Opinions as Devils Fans on this

Meals on Wheels

During the anthem, our fans who do not remove their hats, fvck with their blackberries, play grab ass with the person next to them or can't put down the beer for a few minutes really are the ones i can't stand.

I can understand people not being patriotic and not wanting to invest so much into that part. But just shut up right? At least be respectful and don't bother others by yelling stupid stuff and acting dumb.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like cheering and hope that it continues. I only get offended when the following cheering happens:

1) When it affects my ability to see the game. When people stand it really limits who can see behind them because we aren't the same height. I'm 6'02" and usually have no problem, but the moment I stand, someone behind me will most certainly be challeneged to see what happens. It is usually only for a few minutes, but usually those minutes are what people come to see. I and others certainly didn't come to see the back of someone's head. I'll never forget going to my first hockey game and my grandfather putting a hand on the shoulder of the guy in front of us and saying, "son, we can all see a lot better if you sat down."

I guess this right here is exactly why I started this thread and this is the main question I wanted answered by you guys. I really do appreciate this discussion and all of the responses because it is important to discuss fan "etiquette" at games. I really wanted to know if it was acceptable at Fridays game, under those circumstances, with 2 minutes left in OT, with a 2 minute PP 4 on 3, to stand?

I don’t know if this goes on in the Arena since I cant attend, and it is probably not as easy to implement in the NHL as it is in football (soccer), but is it not possible to open up dedicated sections for people who want to make a hell of a lot of noise and separate them those who just want to sit??

I am a Chelsea supporter, and historically the Shed end at Stamford Bridge has always been where the people who chant the whole game, stand and sing sit(not that they ever sit). The same happens at other clubs like Liverpool, where everyone who is big on vocal support sits in the Kop end. Then there are the family sections, and then general sections.

Would it not be possible to have 4 strategically placed sections to group everyone together in the Rock?? Like one in each corner?

The advantage of this is that you have all the vocal people in one place, they cant Pi$$ anyone off, everyone is doing the same. Also the concentration of similar fans builds a nice atmosphere; it’s almost guaranteed to generate a consistent level of atmosphere through the entire game.

I've mentioned this before about having a section for people who want to stand/chant hell maybe even eventually sing. Supporters sections are done at the Red Bulls and other MLS games too. I think it would be awesome if we could have it at the Devils games too. They could just give us one section thats high up cause its guaranteed to be almost always empty anyway.

The only thing about it is that we would have to get a good amount of interest involved in it to get the ball rolling on it because the Devils might not like the idea but it would sure as hell differentiate us from the rest of the league so maybe they would be willing to try something new.

Go vote if you have any interest in setting something up like this...

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81641

Edited by Satans Hockey

You do have Die Hard fans who sit downstairs, but the majority of us sit upstairs. Even if I could afford seats downstairs I would still want to sit in the 200's. I'm all for getting up and getting loud as long as you're not disrespecting anyone after all it is a Hockey game, not the opera.

You want to know what really sucks? People who think other people suck because those other people don't agree on what they think sucks.

Well put.

The quote of the day has to be..."People who sit quietly suck." That poster also gets honorable mention for referring to others as "retards." Sporting events are open to the public and are an interesting mix of personalities, but I never thought that a person sitting quietly watching a game "sucks". Some people actually like to pay attention to the flow of the game, line combinations and changes, passes, positional play, the way the goalies handle rebounds, faceoffs...you know, hockey. Others just like to drink beer and scream. Must be the "Jersey Shore" syndrome where idiocy and obnoxiousness is not only tolerated but admired.

You don't have to be drunk to be loud. You can sit in your house and watch the flow of the game. The players don't want everyone to sit quietly so you can hear a pin drop, that's stupid. Unless you're stupid, it's possible to watch and cheer at the same time.

So, if you're not loud, you're stupid.

That's pretty much what you're saying.

So does this jive with other people sucking who don't do as you do, too?

So, if you're not loud, you're stupid.

That's pretty much what you're saying.

So does this jive with other people sucking who don't do as you do, too?

Yep, that guy nailed it. I'm one big dumb ignoramus. I'm 100% retarded because I only chant and cheer at particular moments, but during most of the game, I like to calmly watch and try to examine more closely the nuances of the play unfolding in front of me. Even if it has done nothing besides make me see how terrible the Devils have played this season, to which I attribute all of my anger and frustation in life lol.

Seriously, this kid is an idiot. He thinks people who don't do as he wishes, suck. Nothing like people who think that the founders of this great nation's ultimate goal of having individual freedom sucks.

Ya know who else said people who weren't like him sucked? Hitler. Just saying.

That's not what I said you retards. Geeze, I hope the majority of our fan base isn't as dumb as you rejects. I think fans who sit there all game are lame, and if you don't like my opinion I don't give a sh!t. I laugh at fans that sat their in overtime and did nothing while the majority of us cheered. Hockey is a sport of emotion, something you anti-socials clearly don't understand.

Edited by hurricane1091

That's not what I said you retards. Geeze, I hope the majority of our fan base isn't as dumb as you rejects. I think fans who sit there all game are lame, and if you don't like my opinion I don't give a sh!t. I laugh at fans that sat their in overtime and did nothing while the majority of us cheered. Hockey is a sport of emotion, something you anti-socials clearly don't understand.

Your banality is only rivaled by your ignorance.

Edited by SJP20

That's cool, I don't care. I'm a productive member of society and I'll voice my opinion whether you like it or not. I'm not an obnoxious drunk fan, I'm a loud and proud fan.

And yeah, good job editing your post. I saw what you said beforehand. It's hard for you timid fans to get along with a diehard.

Edited by hurricane1091

That's cool, I don't care. I'm a productive member of society and I'll voice my opinion whether you like it or not. I'm not an obnoxious drunk fan, I'm a loud and proud fan.

And yeah, good job editing your post. I saw what you said beforehand. It's hard for you timid fans to get along with a diehard.

I was going to games since 1984 when you were a glimmer in the eyes of two strangers at a Springsteen concert as "Dancing in the Dark" played. Hell, with your age, make it a Bon Jovi concert.

Besides, you dislike this site anyway so leave. You post here then run back to devilsrule like a puppy with quotes like this tonight:

"(bleep) that site, I'm going to be banned there soon enough."

Yes, I feel that you people don't take kindly to vulgar language and I'll end up being banned. Unfortunately you might not understand that, but sit there quietly at your seat and ponder it so you really get the jist of what I'm saying. I don't care how many games you go to either. I've already been to five games this year and I live over an hour and a half away.

People need to keep in mind that for almost every team 50% of their fan base are front-runners.. The Devils just have a smaller fan base so when we do poorly our 50% is smaller than other team's

There's nothing you can do about it, but if you stay loyal during the rough patches the reward will be sweeter when you taste victory

This is my favorite thing you've said here, in particular the latter paragraph!

I usually like to sit and focus on the game most of the time. But during the power play in overtime, I was mostly standing. I will shout and sometimes curse during the game (depending on how many and if there are little kids around me). Standing during exciting points of the game is alright with me, so is shouting and cursing most of the time. But to stand there like a goon for most of the game and being an obnoxious @ss is something I hate. That and my other pet peeve are high-school or middle school age kids who come in packs of 10, sit in front of me, and play musical chairs throughout the entire game.