ECF Tickets

Bartholomew Hunt

Yeah, fvck it, I'll list mine here too, just in case a) I can't go or b) I'm made an offer I can't refuse:

Section 229, Row 9 (Center ice, last row, which I venture to say is the best row up there - no one to worry about behind you if you like to stand).

Local pickup only (Woodbridge/Rahway/Edison area - Exits 11/12 on the Turnpike, 129-135ish on the Parkway. Woodbridge Mall tends to work best for pickups, it's right by where every major highway in Jersey meet).

Only Devils fans, natch.

I paid $100 each plus fees (two tickets). Will consider most offers, but I'm not selling for less than what I paid. Shoot me a PM with your offer if you're interested.

(Also keep in mind that I may not end up selling at all - I'll let anyone interested know by like noon tomorrow if I end up using the tickets myself.)

Why all this selling activity?

Devils fans need to go and support the team

Have you watched the series? People who spend hundreds of dollars on tickets for a sub-par showing are entitled to do WHATEVER THEY WANT with tickets they purchased.

Have you watched the series? People who spend hundreds of dollars on tickets for a sub-par showing are entitled to do WHATEVER THEY WANT with tickets they purchased.

A) This is not a subpar showing, it's subpar scoring

B) As much as I complained after Saturday, 2-1 is a bit soon to advocate bailing out, no? In the Conference Finals?

C) If you want the Devils to have a home ice advantage, you should try to sell the tickets to Devils fans for what you paid. I do think most of the people here are trying to do that, other than the one who wants to profit.

D) I'd hardly call three or four people selling tickets in one thread a mass exodus.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm trying to reconcile your post and your sig.

Team not alot of people expected to do much in the playoffs is in the Conference final after winning a series against a halfway decent team for the first time since 2003. They're down 2-1. Somehow this is a subpar performance. If you feel this is a subpar performance, I'm not sure how you're still alive since you should have killed yourself by now over the last x years.

And that is exactly why the Rags fans will comprise 50% of the attendance at the Rock going forward in this series. Jesus Christ, we're down 2-1 in a series where we have controlled the play for 6 of the 9 periods. Time to pack it in and bail on the season. :doh1:

The Queen has undoubtedly made the difference thus far and is the reason we're behind, but it's not like we are getting run over by these losers. Did anyone really think we were going to win this series in 4 or 5? If you did, then you need to get a grip on reality.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

A) This is not a subpar showing, it's subpar scoring

B) As much as I complained after Saturday, 2-1 is a bit soon to advocate bailing out, no? In the Conference Finals?

C) If you want the Devils to have a home ice advantage, you should try to sell the tickets to Devils fans for what you paid. I do think most of the people here are trying to do that, other than the one who wants to profit.

D) I'd hardly call three or four people selling tickets in one thread a mass exodus.

Mass exodus?

I went on Saturday and I am going tonight, but seeing it in my situation, as a 26 year old young professional, and a die-hard sports fan and Jets season ticket holder, if things are headed south (which is a subjective statement, not based on facts, simply opinion) and you want your money back, it's your right to sell those tickets to whoever for whatever...I always try to sell to Devils fans, and I did sell an extra pair for tonight to Devils fans at LESS than what I paid, but I am here to defend others who want to just get rid of the tickets and get their money back. That is up to the person who owns the tickets to make that decision.

I'm trying to reconcile your post and your sig.

Team not alot of people expected to do much in the playoffs is in the Conference final after winning a series against a halfway decent team for the first time since 2003. They're down 2-1. Somehow this is a subpar performance. If you feel this is a subpar performance, I'm not sure how you're still alive since you should have killed yourself by now over the last x years.

We are in the EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS and we CAN'T SCORE...that is SUB-PAR for the course...the course being the ECF.

I forked over $700 dollars for two games for the ECF and frankly, the showing has been mediocre at best...it is disheartening and I can empathize with anyone else who wants to dump the tickets, it's just the way it goes. This has been very sad and disconcerting watching this series and seeing the outcomes in 2 out of 3 games. Frankly, as long as Lundqvist is in net, I don't see anything changing anytime soon. That's the reality.

I forked over $700 dollars for two games for the ECF and frankly, the showing has been mediocre at best...it is disheartening and I can empathize with anyone else who wants to dump the tickets, it's just the way it goes. This has been very sad and disconcerting watching this series and seeing the outcomes in 2 out of 3 games. Frankly, as long as Lundqvist is in net, I don't see anything changing anytime soon. That's the reality. Further, if you know me and you notice what I post on here, I have not blamed Marty, not Ilya, not Zach...the problem here isn't our team, it's the team and the goalie we are playing. It is just sad.

I forked over $700 dollars for two games for the ECF and frankly, the showing has been mediocre at best...it is disheartening and I can empathize with anyone else who wants to dump the tickets, it's just the way it goes. This has been very sad and disconcerting watching this series and seeing the outcomes in 2 out of 3 games. Frankly, as long as Lundqvist is in net, I don't see anything changing anytime soon. That's the reality.

If this team was getting outworked up and down the ice, I would agree with you. They're not. But if our fans can't take being down 2-1 in a playoff series and want to sell their tickets to game 4 because they think this series is over, that's pathetic and says alot. We should all be estatic that we have gotten this far (if anyone would have predicted us making the Eastern Conference finals in September, they would have been checked into Greystone for psych exams).

Edited by Chuck the Duck

If this team was getting outworked up and down the ice, I would agree with you. They're not. But if our fans can't take being down 2-1 in a playoff series and want to sell their tickets to game 4 because they think this series is over, that's pathetic and says alot. We should all be estatic that we have gotten this far (if anyone would have predicted us making the Eastern Conference finals in September, they would have been checked into Greystone for psych exams).

Eternal optimism is cute, but as a longtime fan of the New York Jets, I have learned the hard way that that gets you nowhere nowadays in sports...what does one have to do with the other? Nothing, you are right. But it is in my blood to always think negatively, doom and gloom, pessimism etc. and this series, so far, fits the bill perfectly. The Devils are a FAR DIFFERENT franchise than my beloved Jets, but you know what, I have seen many a heartbreak at Giants Stadium and recently in Metlife that I can understand, from a strictly sports fan's point of view, why someone might cash out at this point in the series. Is it right? Maybe not. But economically and emotionally speaking, it makes sense.

Remember, I am GOING TO THE GAME TONIGHT...ok, so don't throw darts at me, but I am DEFENDING the people who can't swallow the cash and the heartbreak to sit through another 35-20 shot effort where we LOSE 3-0...I GET IT. Not everyone wants to sit through that, go through the pain and heartbreak, and sacrifice hundreds of dollars in the process...I am sorry, I just get it.

I have one extra ticket available for tonight's game. Section 231, next to me, my wife and sister-in-law.

Price: $105, same as I paid for it. We can meet up outside the arena before the game. I will be there an hour and a half early.

Not throwing darts at you in particular, but the viewpoint you are defending. You might be right and the Devils might lose tonight or in this series. But if anyone truly knows what the outcome of tonight's game is going to be, I'd like to hear it. I'd also like to hear this weeks Mega Millions numbers while we are at it.

Fans have every right to do what they want with their property, including selling tickets because we lost game 3. No doubt about it. However, if that is the reason people are selling, then, in my humble opinion, it just shows how fickle those fans are, and how they truly aren't fans in the first place.

Not throwing darts at you in particular, but the viewpoint you are defending. You might be right and the Devils might lose tonight or in this series. But if anyone truly knows what the outcome of tonight's game is going to be, I'd like to hear it. I'd also like to hear this weeks Mega Millions numbers while we are at it.

Fans have every right to do what they want with their property, including selling tickets because we lost game 3. No doubt about it. However, if that is the reason people are selling, then, in my humble opinion, it just shows how fickle those fans are, and how they truly aren't fans in the first place.

Fair.

But that is what FANS are in GENERAL....all sports, all teams, all cities...varying degrees, sure...but everyone wants to SUPPORT and SPEND MONEY on a winner.

QFT

I can completely understand anyone who needs/wants to sell for economic reasons. These tix are expensive, and everyone has some kind of budget they have to stick to. But to bail because your team is behind? That's crap. Anybody can be a fan when a team's on top. Sticking by your team when they're down is the test of a true fan.