Marty Playing against Ottawa

msweet

He played a ton of games for the Kings, I like the way he is playing so far.

Gotcha, thanks. I need to watch more western conference...

my point exactly... and when you play without and edge, bad things happen

Ottawa is playing to avoid #8 and the Rangers. We are playing to not get injured.

Play Albany, Boulton, Gionta, etc.

The Devils could only call up two people from Albany, and it would be beyond silly to waste those recalls now as opposed to if the Devils actually need them.

The Devils could only call up two people from Albany, and it would be beyond silly to waste those recalls now as opposed to if the Devils actually need them.

C'mon Tri.. it wasn't meant literally

Play Gionta, Boulton, Janssen and a lot of Carter and the rest of the 3rd and 4th liners....

Kovy should play like 13 TOI and play Hedberg for Hell's sakes

C'mon Tri.. it wasn't meant literally

Play Gionta, Boulton, Janssen and a lot of Carter and the rest of the 3rd and 4th liners....

Kovy should play like 13 TOI and play Hedberg for Hell's sakes

Kovalchuk will be rested late in the game if it isn't a close game. 4 lines will be rolled all game long.

Starting Brodeur is clearly up to Brodeur in this spot. If he wants to start, he should start.

Look, one game won't suddenly tire Marty out. If him being tired in the postseason is going to hurt us it won't be because he played the one last regular season game. No big deal, plus he doesn't like not being in a game for awhile.

Indeed.

Because MB30 says so.

And For those defending this, he's near 40, not 30. If he gives up softie after softie in round 1 again, do not be surprised. There's no reason why Kovy should be on the ice tomorrow either.

You seriously think this one game could be the difference between playing a good series and giving up a ton of soft goals? Think of how ridiculous that sounds.

I seriously wonder sometimes if some of you guys have ever played sports or done anything competitively. Of course Marty wants to play, he's a gamer and from the old school. If he's not hurt, he is always going to want to play.

Marty has earned the right to let Debo know if he is good to go. The second Marty or any great athlete loses the itch to get after it every day is the day it is time for them to retire.

Seriously though, God forbid that we have the best netminder of all time, who's attitude is all about playing as much as possible and winning.

my point exactly... and when you play without and edge, bad things happen

Ottawa is playing to avoid #8 and the Rangers. We are playing to not get injured.

Play Albany, Boulton, Gionta, etc.

Why do you think Ottawa is playing to avoid the Rangers? I think most teams would rather play the Rangers than Boston. I think the Devils are the only team the Rangers might have any mental edge over too. Boston are the defending champs while the Rangers have yet to prove anything.

Because MB30 says so.

And For those defending this, he's near 40, not 30. If he gives up softie after softie in round 1 again, do not be surprised. There's no reason why Kovy should be on the ice tomorrow either.

Maybe you should actually try thinking things through before posting your nonsense, just once? Your reactionary silliness almost always makes you look ridiculous.

Others have already said it well...if Marty doesn't play well come playoff time, it's not going to be because he played a whopping 60 minutes on a Saturday afternoon a few days before the playoffs begin.

You seriously think this one game could be the difference between playing a good series and giving up a ton of soft goals? Think of how ridiculous that sounds.

Agreed... That was one of the silliest things I've read on here in a while. Marty will be Marty... He hasn't been giving up any soft goals since early January, why would he now?

Why do you think Ottawa is playing to avoid the Rangers? I think most teams would rather play the Rangers than Boston.

Yeah, Ottawa's dominated the Rangers this year and been dominated by Boston. I don't think they're too worried about winning to stay at 7 but they might be stuck there anyway unless the 'right' results happen later (the Panthers getting a point or two AND the Caps winning).

Change your avatar! Lol

Fvck, thanks. I was panicking about my jersey. Had to buy an Elias so I'm not wearing my Madden.