Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, it was Niedermayer. I was commenting on his Agent saying he was disappointed the Flyers didn't call.  I think Stevens will either play with us or retire.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Makes sense now, thanks. People talked a little about the commute in another thread. He'd definitely need to get a condo down there. Upper Montclair to Voorhees in South Jersey for morning practice when they aren't on the road is a hike even if you have a driver. It's probably a 2-hr drive at the time of the morning he'd have to go. Then he'd have to stay down there all day on game days, no point in going home for the game-day nap just to turn around and come back. But unless he moved the family, he'd barely see them. So I don't see the point for family reasons.

Anyone have any information on Lindros?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He spent all of last year working attending the University of Toronto, working toward a degree in Economics. Yes, he became an actual adult and planned for the future. Every rumor I've heard says he lands in Toronto for a minimum contract, but we'll see. I don't think he plays much longer and TO's situation looks bad. I wonder, if he's going to take the minimum, if he doesn't do it on a team he thinks can win soon and try to go for a Cup.

Anyone have any information on Lindros?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He spent all of last year working attending the University of Toronto, working toward a degree in Economics. Yes, he became an actual adult and planned for the future. Every rumor I've heard says he lands in Toronto for a minimum contract, but we'll see. I don't think he plays much longer and TO's situation looks bad. I wonder, if he's going to take the minimum, if he doesn't do it on a team he thinks can win soon and try to go for a Cup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Sue. I'm probably the only one but with Lindros having matured over the last few years and going cheap I'd like to see the Devils make a run at him.

Danny Markov traded to the Preds to reduce Philly cap. Philly news reporting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, now this doesn't make sense, he signs 3 guys with less mobility and trades one who has GOT it??? In THIS NHL???

Unless he signed Rafalski instead of one of the other guys... :noclue:

Danny Markov traded to the Preds to reduce Philly cap. Philly news reporting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, now this doesn't make sense, he signs 3 guys with less mobility and trades one who has GOT it??? In THIS NHL???

Unless he signed Rafalski instead of one of the other guys... :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, I'm not sure either. Curious moves if they did in fact sign Hatcher, Rathje, and Therien.

Sportsnet reports that the Flyers signed Jon Sim as well:

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/nhl/free_agent_tracker.html

The Flyers website says there is a press conference at 1:00 PM today.

They must have been right at the cap and Clarke did it to get room, I guess. Because I wouldn't want to have NO room. But Markov...unless he is going to give one of the kids major time and he feels comfortable with their mobility, he's got major immobility on that blueline. But I checked the Philly news report and basically it said they got tired of the Senators going across the blueline and laughing at them, so they got these guys to crush the Sens. But they have to be able to CATCH the Sens first.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.