Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flyers have a 1:00 press conference called. Clarke has signed 3 players.

Derrian Hatcher, Mike Rathje and Chris Therrian.

With the Flyers out of the Niedermayer sweepstakes this gives us a better chance to resign him.

Too bad Scott wont take a "Leetch" approach to FA and not sign with any rivals.

Rangers are knocking on his door and we all know how Dolan likes to throw money around.

Would you rather have Holik at 4.25 or Madden at 3.86?

I'd take Madden at $4.25 over Holik at $0

Once a traitor, always a traitor. Our dignity is not for sale.

He's a lockeroom menace... and in the new league, a big 35 year old center who skates poorly and who's best play is obstruction, will not be a premier player.

I'm glad we have a GM who feels that way too.

Flyers have a 1:00 press conference called.  Clarke has signed 3 players.

Derrian Hatcher, Mike Rathje and Chris Therrian.

With the Flyers out of the Niedermayer sweepstakes this gives us a better chance to resign him.

Too bad Scott wont take a "Leetch" approach to FA and not sign with any rivals.

Rangers are knocking on his door and we all know how Dolan likes to throw money around.

And the Ranger$ like to sign Devil's players, just because they can.

NO WHAT THE HELL!!?!?!?!??!?!?! markov gets traded?!!!?? HOLIK IS ON THE F-ING THRASHERS?!?!?! AGH!!! AND APPARENTLY ESPN IS SAYING WE SIGNED MADONA!?!?!? AGH AND I HAVE TO WORK TILL 10 TODAY COULD THIS DAY GET ANY WORSE!?!!?!?

The holik isn't that bad, he's a good pick there, but for 4.25 NO WAY IN HELL. And we have enough arrogance with kovalchuk, now holik? We have a nice healthy locker room...i don't want it ruined..

markov come on?!?! I mean now there's time for pitkanen, but i didn't want him to go. Get rid of old injury prone dejardins or something. my god?!?!?!?

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Edited by bruins4777

NO WHAT THE HELL!!?!?!?!??!?!?! markov gets traded?!!!?? HOLIK IS ON THE F-ING THRASHERS?!?!?! AGH!!! AND APPARENTLY ESPN IS SAYING WE SIGNED MADONA!?!?!? AGH AND I HAVE TO WORK TILL 10 TODAY COULD THIS DAY GET ANY WORSE!?!!?!?

You have lived a sheltered life if missing trades makes your day "any worse".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have lived a sheltered life if missing trades makes your day "any worse".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have no idea what you are talking about. i didn't miss any trades....i'm angry about the trades and the signings...

That is a great signing by Atlanta, they needed someone like Bobby up front to help with their kids.

He will flourish there.

Atlanta and Columbus two of the best young teams coming up, watch them both this year.

For anyone who does not think Aucion is worth the money he signed for, you did not watch him play, he and Kenny Johnson basically played every minute of the game for the Isles, he was in the top 5 d the last year, no doubt about it. I don't know why he signed with Chicago though, unless they are going to try and win for once, but maybe they promised him that.

If Modano goes to Boston, does that mean they are more likely to deal Thorton? I heard their offer to him was not to his liking, hummmm.

I am worried about Anaheim taking Scotty, that's what the TSN guys said the other day, I think now, that is the only team I am really worried about, well, Calgary too.

I hope whoever said Vancouver is not going to be able to sign him is right, if not, then add them to the top of the list.

If Burke will do it, I trade Friesen yesterday for Rob, do it Lou, do it now!!!!!!!

I am so happy Lou drafted my ghost's son, I did not even know he was my ghosts son until today, but now he is one of my favorite Devils, and you know he will become a player, you just know it B )

I think DM was referring to the implication that your having to work until 10pm would cause you to miss news of trades, and that's yet another thing that would make your day terrible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

o no, i just hate working. :D

Am I the only one who can't wait to see Frankenholik in the Thrashers' horrible, horribe 3rd jersey? :lol:

And hear him talk about how he didn't sign for the money but an opportunity to do what he always wanted to do: "Teach younger players."

LHRB

...I'll take that as a "yes."

What can I say, I'm at work and going a bit stir-crazy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

know what you mean, i work at a grocery store. so i'm a cashier, my friend just visits me for signings, so i won't miss anything when i work, i just don't like dealing with people.

Madden is not making 3.86...he's making less than that I believe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope.

3.86 is correct

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blueskirt, I've heard an interview with Madden where he says it's not. Because of certain things in the contract, like deferred $$, which doesn't count against the cap, and team bonuses, which were declared invalid by this CBA, he said the amount that was actually going against the cap was $2.4 million. Maybe he's wrong. But I'm just saying that there is a discrepancy, reported by the player himself. This is why I said in another thread that we really have incomplete information about what the cap number currently IS for the Devils, because we have no idea how contracts are structured and, in fact, most players are no longer eligible for even individual bonuses. Team bonuses are certainly gone. And who knows whether individual bonuses were stricken from EXISTING contracts for non-eligible players with this CBA. If so, everything we see on those salary charts may be way over-inflated.

If Burke will do it, I trade Friesen yesterday for Rob, do it Lou, do it now!!!!!!!

Anaheim would never take Friesen back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You never know. Everything is different there now, owner, GM, coach, and even most of the players!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.