The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

kings in sc but can brown be suspended now for game 1 of stanley cup?

I doubt he will regardless of whether or not it was clean. If the league suspends him then it's basically admitting that it should have been a penalty, and the series-winning goal shouldn't have been scored right afterwards. I think if they do that it would become a historic snafu. It's easier for them to just say it wasn't a dirty hit or at least wasn't suspension-worthy and move on.

It doesn't happen every time, Stevens has touched it before. I just don't get it. It doesn't happen in any of the other sports that I can think of. It's just stupid. Pick the damn trophy up and have some fun with it.

Yeah, not touching it is the height of superstition. I still laugh at Gary Thorne's call during the 2003 EC presentation. 'You know Stevens isn't going to touch it...well, he does touch it. You know he's not going to pick it up though, I can guarantee you that...well, he does pick it up'.

I wouldn't go as far as Stevens did in '03 and get a picture with it, but I do think that was genuine excitement over beating Ottawa, and plus an acknowledgement that Stevens didn't have too many of those left (last full season as it turned out) and he wanted to milk it.

I think it was in 2002 but I do kinda remember when the Red Wings once won the Campbell trophy that the announcers didn't think Yzerman would touch it. Instead Yzerman not only picks it up but skates it around a little bit and then runs into the dressing room with it above his head with the rest of the team following.

My memory could be wrong though.

The Stevens thing is correct. The only time we didn't win the Cup is when he didn't lift the Wales Trophy.

Whoever wins, should touch it, honor it, enjoy the trophy for the few minutes following a great achievement.

Let's pray Zach gets the chance to do it, and does the right thing.

The Stevens thing is correct. The only time we didn't win the Cup is when he didn't lift the Wales Trophy.

Whoever wins, should touch it, honor it, enjoy the trophy for the few minutes following a great achievement.

Let's pray Zach gets the chance to do it, and does the right thing.

Granted, we are probably only saying that because it worked that way for Stevens and the Devils. I think it all depends on the team. If you've been to the Finals for the last few years and lost, maybe don't touch it and celebrate with it. But, if it is the first time in the Finals, I think a team should enjoy the ride and skate around with it. Then again, that's what Mike Richards did with the Flyers in 2010, and they lost.

I remember Crosby not touching it in 2008, and then deciding to touch it in 2009. That worked out. Either way, stupid or not, it's a fun little thing that people get to talk about.

I remember Crosby not touching it in 2008, and then deciding to touch it in 2009. That worked out. Either way, stupid or not, it's a fun little thing that people get to talk about.

I'd be so superstitious about touching the thing that I'd upend the table they sit it on, sending it crashing down to the ice. Once there, I'd spit on it and skate away.

Have to watch it with the mute on because those damn air horns WILL NOT STOP. My god its all game long.

I'm watching the replay of the game now on NHL Network, my god it's horrible. I don't mind the horns if there's a chant going on with them but they just keep blowing them for the hell of it.

Unfortunatly this is probably the best thread to put this in but the Sharks Dominick Moore issued a statement regarding the "family matter" which kept him out of Games 4 and 5 of the 1st round against the Blues. His wife has a rare form of liver cancer.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8012984/wife-san-jose-sharks-dominic-moore-rare-form-cancer