Tedenby on Waivers

sundstrom

Oh well. Josefson is likely next.

This likely cements Stephen Gionta's future with the team for the next thousand years based on our drafting/development issues combined with our terrific head coach.

This likely cements Stephen Gionta's future with the team for the next thousand years based on our drafting/development issues combined with our terrific head coach.

you seem to think tedenby is better than gionta. Yeah I'm sure tedenby would perform much better centering the 4th line and playing the pk than gionta ever has.

One has nothing to do with the other.

I remember watching him play at the the rookie camp scrimmage in 2009.. I said "this kid is the next Parise".. He literally tore it up, looking faster and more skilled than most of the other guys there.. Guess I should have realized that he was not playing the best talent

Too bad for Tedenby, I'm always bummed when one of our 1st's don't pan out.  I was hoping we had drafted Carlson at that draft, but only because it's my mothers maiden name and he was from Jersey.  Looking at that draft board, there weren't any guys we missed on towards that part of the draft, except for Carlson and maybe Ennis.

We don't have a good run on 1sts after Parise and Zajac: Bergfors, Corrente, Tedenby, Josefson, though I'm still holding out hope that Josefson develops into a useful NHLplayer.

There's something seriously wrong with you. lol

Why do you say that?  I think Tedenby has been abused by DeBoer. If given a chance he could have made it. He had the skills defined by Truimph and he needed to improve his NHL smarts amnd that doesn't happen sitting in the stands or playing every 6 game. DeBoer destroyed a potential player again. Fire DeBoer if you have the balls Lou

Edited by LucifersDog

Thank you PDB for destroying our future corps. Sorry, but PDB is the one of the worst coaches to have ever coached the Devils. I am not sold on this coach, he does not know how to develop players. Based on his assessment of our future, Larsson is also a bust along with Josefson.

They put JJ between Janssen and Sestito and give hime 10 mins a night and expect him to put up points like Gretzky. Its just downright unreasonable.

Gio's outplayed Tedenby. I'm hoping he rides the pine for Lokti when the team is healthy, but Tedenby has nothing to do with that. If anything, it helps Ryan Carter, who is better than Gio AND Tedenby.

Edited by mouse

Why do you say that? I think Tedenby has been abused by DeBoer. If given a chance he could have made it. He had the skills defined by Truimph and he needed to improve his NHL smarts amnd that doesn't happen sitting in the stands or playing every 6 game. DeBoer destroyed a potential player again. Fire DeBoer if you have the balls Lou

You're a dumbass.

I don't think Tedenby is a better player than Gionta, which speaks to just how bad Mattias Tedenby is.

Yup.  That was pretty much my point.  Kind of flew over the heads of pretty much everyone else in here.

Gionta is still atrocious, but he at least understands attention to detail and assignments on what needs to be done.  I mean he is pretty limited talent-wise and fails on a lot of his matchups which is on the coach, but he tries.  I have to give him that.

About time this happened. Seems like a great guy but just doesn't have NHL quality imo. Hopefully he can help Albany in the 2nd half. Wonder if he heads back to Europe after the season? He could probably carve out a nice career there.

I know Lou mentioned that DeBoer feels that Josefson hasn't taken advantage of his opportunities like Boucher and this is true but to be fair, Boucher has played with better linemates.

Boucher's 5 most common linemates: Ryder (75:54), Henrique (53:23), Loktionov (35:56), Bernier (32:49), Jagr (31:43).

Josefson's 5 most common linemates: Janssen (44:36), Ryder (30:50), Carter (25:48), Tedenby (22:53), Bernier (21:26).

I'm still not ready to give up on Josefson. I think he can become a solid defensive forward.

I'd have been thrilled if Tedenby turned into what Mats Zuccarello has become. 

for all we know, he still could. Not saying it's likely, but they seem like similar players.

I don't like what I've seen from him through the last three seasons, but I just can't explain how he looked so good in '10-11. Maybe my memory is only recounting the good aspects to his game during that season, though. Could he have just lost it all? It's really too bad he hasn't been able to do anything in the NHL since then. But I don't know...part of me still sees something, and I really wish he'd find a way to succeed here.

for all we know, he still could. Not saying it's likely, but they seem like similar players.

I don't like what I've seen from him through the last three seasons, but I just can't explain how he looked so good in '10-11. Maybe my memory is only recounting the good aspects to his game during that season, though. Could he have just lost it all? It's really too bad he hasn't been able to do anything in the NHL since then. But I don't know...part of me still sees something, and I really wish he'd find a way to succeed here.

They were in full blown "throw sh!t against the wall" mode at that point.   So he got some decent ice-time and played fairly well.   He was actually only a -2 while Johnny Mac was coaching, which I mean, on *that* team, that's incredibly productive since guys were in the -20's by the team Lemaire was brought back.   I like him, but even I'd admit he's offense only and he's not going to earn the type of ice time here where he's going to be able to produce anything.

His NHL path is probably "guy who plays on awful team but can be entertaining".   There's not too many of those paths with parity

About time this happened. Seems like a great guy but just doesn't have NHL quality imo. Hopefully he can help Albany in the 2nd half. Wonder if he heads back to Europe after the season? He could probably carve out a nice career there.

I know Lou mentioned that DeBoer feels that Josefson hasn't taken advantage of his opportunities like Boucher and this is true but to be fair, Boucher has played with better linemates.

Boucher's 5 most common linemates: Ryder (75:54), Henrique (53:23), Loktionov (35:56), Bernier (32:49), Jagr (31:43).

Josefson's 5 most common linemates: Janssen (44:36), Ryder (30:50), Carter (25:48), Tedenby (22:53), Bernier (21:26).

I'm still not ready to give up on Josefson. I think he can become a solid defensive forward.

Agreed. Positively infuriating that they call up Sislo and scratch Janssen for him. Josefson-Lokti-Boucher is a line that can do something.