Lou has never looked happier

'7'

Awesome. Simply awesome. I'm telling you- when I saw the puck in the net and the ref pointing (I was afraid they were gonna blow the whistle, so I looked over at the ref just to MAKE SURE), I just went NUTS. Blacked out. Hugged everyone. Jumped up and down like a 7-year old. In 27 years of going to Devils games and being a die-hard Devs fan, I've been fortunate to witness some great moments- many in person, including game 7 in 2003. But I've never got to experience a single moment quite like this, with section 214, as I have every home game they've played in this run so far. It was just incredible, and I'll never forget it. This is soooooooooo sweet right now. I know we have 4 wins to go, trust me on that- I'm not satisfied yet. But this has been 18 years- no- 30 years in the making. We finally stuck it to those fvcking a$$holes. FINALLY. I'm gonna enjoy this til Tuesday or so. Just amazing. We're in the Finals baby!!!!!

Awesome. Simply awesome. I'm telling you- when I saw the puck in the net and the ref pointing (I was afraid they were gonna blow the whistle, so I looked over at the ref just to MAKE SURE), I just went NUTS. Blacked out. Hugged everyone. Jumped up and down like a 7-year old. In 27 years of going to Devils games and being a die-hard Devs fan, I've been fortunate to witness some great moments- many in person, including game 7 in 2003. But I've never got to experience a single moment quite like this, with section 214, as I have every home game they've played in this run so far. It was just incredible, and I'll never forget it. This is soooooooooo sweet right now. I know we have 4 wins to go, trust me on that- I'm not satisfied yet. But this has been 18 years- no- 30 years in the making. We finally stuck it to those fvcking a$$holes. FINALLY. I'm gonna enjoy this til Tuesday or so. Just amazing. We're in the Finals baby!!!!!

I was at both games too...and you're right about the singular moment. The other reason I was able to physically celebrate more than 2003 Game 7 was I wasn't sick as a dog with the flu the way I was at that game :lol: After celebrating with the guy I've been sitting next to all year, I went back to 208 and found a few of the guys I had sat with before this year and said a quick hi and hugged my former seatmate too.

It was just insane...I was trying to text my friend to give her the final score update just after the buzzer and someone just jumped out of nowhere and hugged me and I dropped my phone into the next row behind the seat lol. Fortunately the seats in front of me were empty (they'd been filled with opposition fans pretty much the last two rounds) so I had to spend a minute or so retrieving it so I could finish the text and take pictures with it haha.

I was holding my breath for several seconds on that play cause I thought it was going to be blown dead any second, but it didn't occur to me to look at the ref. Thank god it didn't matter.

Edited by NJDevs4978