Fan Suing Domi Leafs

Rock

Flyers fan suing Domi, Maple Leafs

http://www.tsn.ca/news_stories/36090.html

TSN.ca Staff with files

4/2/2003

The Philadelphia Flyers fan who tumbled into a penalty box with Tie Domi two years ago - and was allegedly pummeled as shown on countless TV replays - is suing just about everyone involved in the incident.

Christopher Falcone, 38, claimed he was beat up by the Toronto Maple Leafs forward on March 29, 2001. The Philadelphia Inquirer reported that he filed suit Monday in Common Pleas Court against a group of defendants that included Domi, the Maple Leafs, NHL linesman Kevin Collins, the National Hockey League and Comcast-Spectacor Inc., which owns the Flyers and the First Union Center.

Falcone, says his lawyer, is too much of a fan to sue his favorite team. "From the heart he decided not to sue the Flyers," lawyer John P. Williamson told the paper.

The suit seeks less than $50,000 US. Williamson said that makes the case eligible for arbitration with the possibility of a hearing within six months. Falcone, according to the suit, was seated behind the penalty box when Domi got sent there. The suit says Domi began spraying taunting fans with his water bottle, and Falcone was drenched.

Falcone maintains he leaned on the glass partition to grab the water bottle and protect nearby fans. The partition, he said, gave way and he fell in. Domi then pulled Falcone's jacket over his head and, as the suit describes it, "violently and brutally assaulted and battered" the fan.

The suit also alleges that Collins joined in the battering. It also calls Comcast-Spectacor negligent for having a partition that gave way. Falcone, according to his lawyer, "got the heck beat out of him, went to the hospital, had not a lot of treatment, but somebody has to pay for it."

(This guy should just let it go, now the whole thing will be replayed again numerous times, reminding everyone what a clown he was tumbling into the penalty box.) :D:lol::evil: B) :P

Falcone maintains he leaned on the glass partition to grab the water bottle and protect nearby fans. The partition, he said, gave way and he fell in.

I didn't look like he just went to grab the water bottle. From what I recall. That drunken tool was just looking for a fight.

No doubt the SBT bowls a perfect 300!

So you have seen the SBT in action!!!

You look smashing, lovey, in those marvy bowling shoes!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

By the way, those bowling shoes are Devils colors - red, black, and white!

pssh, Flyer fans. Ruthless, Drunk, and just further more morons.

That was one of the greatest hockey incidents I will ever see. Laughed my little ass off when I first saw it.

Seriously, NJay.

When an obnoxious Flyer fan falls into a penalty box with Tie Domi in it, that's what the SBT calls a WIN-WIN situation!!!

pssh, Flyer fans.  Ruthless, Drunk, and just further more morons.

That was one of the greatest hockey incidents I will ever see.  Laughed my little ass off when I first saw it.

Seriously, NJay.

When an obnoxious Flyer fan falls into a penalty box with Tie Domi in it, that's what the SBT calls a WIN-WIN situation!!!

as you know who would say, "exactly chief!" ;)

Falcone maintains he leaned on the glass partition to grab the water bottle and protect nearby fans. The partition, he said, gave way and he fell in. Domi then pulled Falcone's jacket over his head and, as the suit describes it, "violently and brutally assaulted and battered" the fan.

so he didnt make a ridiculous jump about 4 rows from the seats breaking down the penalty box?