Indians can't clinch it!

You know there is something euphoric about drinking an ice cold beer in late october and watching you're favorite baseball team! I think Manny is correct when he says "there is always next year" thats right manny WHO CARES? Meanwhile I'm gonna run down to the liquor store tomorrow and make sure I have enough beer for saturday.After that maybe I'll do it again sunday, but you know what, "It won't be the end of the world" if they lose, cause I'M GOIN TO THE "ROCK" the following saturday to watch my other favorite team play! Life is GOOD!!

Edited by Guest

This series is probably over. Dan Wheelah said he was looking forward to the Indians playing the Rockies before last night's game. :o

I hope the Wheelah curse doesn't get Cleveland the way it did South Florida and every other team he hops on the wagon for.

As a long time Red Sox fan I have hated steinbrenner from day one for a variety of reasons.But ever since Torre came along I have had a reluctant amount of respect for him and what he was able to accomplish.With that being said,I have had a big smile on my face the past couple of days because I think the yankees just fvcked up big time.Twelve post seasons in a row! Think about that for a minute.Okay thats enough.Have fun finding a manager that can juggle all the daily baseball b.s. and then have to put up with all the crap that comes up from the tampa crew! Bugs will be the least of your worries.

Twelve post seasons in a row! Think about that for a minute.Okay thats enough.

With that line-up a monkey could make the post season 12 season in a row.

I don't think Steinbrenner ruined baseball any more than the Rangers ruined hockey. It was obvious that both sports needed a salary cap. Hockey got its cap; I won't watch another game of baseball until it gets one too. But George was playing by the rules and taking advantage of the fact that he could spend more than other teams.

Edited by Don

With that line-up a monkey could make the post season 12 season in a row.

I don't think Steinbrenner ruined baseball any more than the Rangers ruined hockey. It was obvious that both sports needed a salary cap. Hockey got its cap; I won't watch another game of baseball until it gets one too. But George was playing by the rules and taking advantage of the fact that he could spend more than other teams.

Do we have to go through all of these examples again about these teams getting far with mid-low payrolls?

2007 Rockies

2007 Indians

2006 Athletics

2006 Tigers

2005 White Sox

2005 Astros

2003 Marlins

2002 Angels

2002 Twins

2002 Giants

2001 Diamondbacks

Wait, I thought the SAME teams win over and over again? What is with this list?

Atlanta made the post-season 13 years in a row, and THAT was not about $....

Once the Blue Jay$ start making better decisions, they will be there too...guaranteed...

In the beloved NFL, New England will win its 4th Super Bowl in what, 7 years? Colts are 12-4 every season, Eagles made the Final 4 four years running...Pittsburgh has been consistently towards the top...and they have a cap. What give$?

Edited by LOTCB

Neither the Blue Jays nor the Orioles have had a sniff at the playoffs in well over a decade. And it's easy to blame mismanagement when that mismanagement doesn't have the money to work with.

My Expos were destroyed by the fact that every good player that they drafted was stolen away from them a few seasons later.

Yes, teams with low salaries have gone a long way. Put the Blue Jays in another division and I might consider tuning in a game sometime. But as it stands, with no cap, the Jays and Orioles should just quit before the season even starts.

Neither the Blue Jays nor the Orioles have had a sniff at the playoffs in well over a decade. And it's easy to blame mismanagement when that mismanagement doesn't have the money to work with.

My Expos were destroyed by the fact that every good player that they drafted was stolen away from them a few seasons later.

Yes, teams with low salaries have gone a long way. Put the Blue Jays in another division and I might consider tuning in a game sometime. But as it stands, with no cap, the Jays and Orioles should just quit before the season even starts.

The Orioles have money. Are you kidding? They're almost always in the top 1/3 of spending. This year their payroll hit close to $100,000,000.

Expos...

Sigh, My father was an Expo fan.. he stopped watching Baseball when they fold for Washington.Ever since, he started hating baseball.