Chico

Jimmy Leeds

Sorry Chico, but stop ALWAYS being such a nice guy. Anyone catch what Chico says when Graves put the Sharks up 4-3. Something like, "Even if your a Devil fan, you gotta feel good for Adam Graves."

Sorry, I don't get the warm and fuzzy feeling for the ex Ranjerk.

I KNOW! He was being so NON HOMER last night it hurt even! I was thinking what team is he announcing for anyhow...of course I was being a homer... but even when Nolan scored he was all happy and saying this is what the Sharks needed and stuff :D

I guess cable was just out yesterday morning because i got the scrambled FSNY in - YEAY!

Or the WORST thing that Chico does is go RIGHT to the "offical excuse for goalie's book".. can he just ONCE admit a BAD GOAL is a BAD GOAL ?? I was already off and raving on him last night when he was coming out and saying "the Devils have not blown a lead in the third all year" that and the shutout thing !! It adds to that consipiracy I have that the Rangers (who are owned by the people who own our TV rights) have him out there to make us look bad and then some... just my odd-semi-educated opinon !

I like the line in the 2nd intermission that the Devils took control of the game during the 2nd, with that big 1 goal lead & the scoreless 2nd period. I'd define taking control as going from a tight game, either losing by 1, tied or up by 1; to being up by 3 goals. Now that's taking control.

Regardless, I really do love Chico.

(Randy on the radio is another story).

Well I'm not blinded by the "he was our first goalie" thing, cause he's before my time (pk :P ) I have BIG issues with a guy who roots against the team he's paid to broadcast for (it's even WORSE when it's a Ranger, Islander or Flyers game or someone he coached when he was on that dreadful Ottawa first-year team.... if you have center ice... flip the channels.. I dare ya to find any local feed that roots for the other team more !

My brother and I challenge each other with our Chico impersonations.

"Awr Gee ah-I-ah doan-no Dawc...."

I think I'm better.

Hey here's mine Risky:

OO-K now... we're gonna get a look ayt --- OOOOOO Noooooo - did ya see that Doc? Ooooh I'm soorry! That was off the skate of -- and it just goes right into...OHHH my goodness! Ooooooh! I hoope they catch that - well yah - they're goin' upstairs and I think we'll see a change there...'cuz there's just no doubt - yah -- aaaaynd good call by the refs there...

Dano would be great in the broadcast booth.  Oh man that would be soo sweet.   :clap:

Dano replacing Chico isn't a bad idea, but I'd much rather see BIG JIM as the color guy! :D He's articulate with a good sense of humor, and I'd love to hear his commentary on the brawls! :lol:

Btw, it is true that our telecast is less biased than others, but Chico does go a bit overboard the OTHER way at times like with the Graves crap :puke: . Listen to some losers like the Booins buffoons and you'd think the only team in existence was the B's!

I always figured the glue from Chico's rug has seeped into his brain, and he's totally unable to recognize a bad goal anymore.

One of the few times he admitted Marty should have had one I figured it was a sign of the apocalypse.

btw, great Chico imitations, guys. Superb.

The best announcers are the ones who clearly want their team to win, but are objective and can criticize their own team as needed, and give kudos to the other team when deserved. We've got a really good team with Ralph & Razor in Dallas. And I love Doc - he's one of the best play-by-play guys because he sticks with the game - he doesn't go off on tangents and forget to call the game on the ice. But poor Chico, he's not concise, he's not critical when he should be, he seems afraid to really make a strong statement about anything.

Could be a lot worse though - just surf through Center Ice broadcasts!

:puke:

So I was thinking about Chico's hair and I was thinking you know but it sort of always looked like that...so i went on line to look for any old Chico pictures...OMG! It just brought back so many memories! I remembered what I USED to think of him...how he was all skinny and stuff and for some reason i thought of him as all quiet and understated -- and tall... :lol:

It was funny because seeing him now I can always reconcile this Chico with that Chico...but then when I saw that Chico -young- it's like my kid's mind took over and I was like CHICO IS CHICO?????? WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT?????? Trottier is easy he's still the same guy right...so why is Chico so totally different to me? I guess i heard a lot more from Trottier - heard him speak and stuff back then. But Gillies is still Gillies just you know with neat hair now...and Nystrom is still Nystrom personality wise i mean...he actually seems a little meaner now - I think because his hair isn't all red/blond poofy and his 'stache is all trimmed. I wonder if any Devils will wig me out in 20 years...What if like Brylin is this totally wacky color commentator? :lol:

Sorry for the digression but...

I have to admit.. the St Louis guys are the worst

monotone... boring and NO passion... Phoenix and the Ducks are bad too but I'd be dull and lifeless covering THOSE teams for years... you know who else I REALLY like ?? Terry Crisp.. fun.. mildly biased and he entertains AND teaches well too we should trade Chico for him *l*

Chico to me, obviously he's a homer, but he's really a harmless homer, mainly because he doesn't rip ANYONE :lol: It's not like Chico will kiss up to the Devils and rip the other team as the scourge of the earth; of course we found that out the other night with his Adam Graves comment. :rolleyes: One of the few times I can recall Chico's really annoying me perse is when he picked the Devs over the Avs in FIVE in 2001 :puke:

And yes Chico's sort of like the anti-Kyydax with Marty, as opposed to always looking for fault with Marty on goals allowed, he always looks for fault elsewhere :lol: But really he does the same with ALL goalies so it's not like he's unfair about it perse.

Hey here's mine Risky:

OO-K now... we're gonna get a look ayt --- OOOOOO Noooooo - did ya see that Doc? Ooooh I'm soorry! That was off the skate of -- and it just goes right into...OHHH my goodness! Ooooooh! I hoope they catch that - well yah - they're goin' upstairs and I think we'll see a change there...'cuz there's just no doubt - yah -- aaaaynd good call by the refs there...

That was great, but it also reminded me of Phil Rizzuto.

Oh zheesh, I can't believe I tripped over that cow!

I've had to shield myself from disappointment by not watching their games of late. However, Nabby's sinking stats in my fantasy league keep kicking me. These guys are just not going to make it this year. They should let go and make themselves happy with a nice high draft pick.