‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Oh well. Time to move on. And time for me to buy a new jersey, because I'm not wearing that Parise one anymore.

Those contracts are just plain dumb, and I don't want anything to do with them. At the end of the day, the Devils will get along just fine without Zach. Not better off, at least in the short term. But fine.

I am wondering what sort of impact this will have in our locker room. In fact, I'm more worried about that than about what we are losing on the ice. Zach is a great player, but his production can and will be filled in by committee. A lot of our players are said to be very friendly with Zach, and I'm sure they'll miss him. I know, I know, they'll get on. But still, it hurts to see him go.

I look forward to seeing what moves Lamoriello will make now that we know that Zach is gone. There are potential trade opportunities and I am confident that he will ice a competitive team again like he always does.

Well whatever at least it's over. I can't wish him luck but I wish him well. The wild have 2m in cap room, a half dozen players to re-sign and a mostly AHL caliber D. I'd take our team over theirs any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

So happy we don't have anyone signed to a 13-year deal with a $7.5M cap hit and full no-movement clause. At least the Kovy deal is south of $7M/year and gives us outs if his play declines later on.

No use to look back in anger. He was a good player while he was with us, but he was no superstar. An honest worker who always gave what he had. He played out his contract and decided to go. That is life in the NHL. Now lets look forward and lets not forget: In the Playoffs he was not really all that good with a high minus. Too bad for him he decided to become a player whose number will never hang besides those of Stevens, Daneyko, Niedermayer and Marty.

After all the positive stuff about "wanting to return" and "doing anything to get a deal done" our captain leaves. And after saying "money is such a small part".

Enjoy your 98 million.

All the people calling Parise a liar... I really don't know what to tell you. At what point did he promise to return to the Devils? He only admitted they were still in the mix - just like half a dozen other teams, probably. If you thought he only went UFA to get a leverage and get a better deal from Lou... you were naive. He became a free agent, analyzed all the offers he got and went to the highest bidder / his hometown club. He had the right to do so. I hate that he left. I don't hate HIM for leaving.

Guys like Salvador are what you call dedicated to a team.

Of course, when you get a three year 9.5 million contract at the age of 36, it's hard not to be loyal.

I'm not going to pretend I didn't want Zach to stay or suddenly start acting like he didn't mean anything to the team. He was a big part of the Devils. He helped us get to the Finals this year. I hate to lose him. Still, and I'm totally honest here, considering all the circumstances, I was more scared about losing Marty. That's because we had no plan B and we would be roally fvcked without a goalie now. Zach? Huge loss, but if Henrique can develop the way we hope, Kovy and Zajac stay healthy and maybe Elias wakes up after sleepwalking in the playoffs, our offense is good enough to at least warrant us another playoff berth.

Bye, Zach, and good luck in Minny.

Oh well...13 years and $98 million is pure insanity for Zach. For that kind of coin, I'm glad he's not a Devil...no way he's worth that.

Lou and the Devils will recover.

Lou tried. I don't blame Lou. He worked hard to get something done, and Zach got led on by agents, daddy, and his buddy. Zach will roll around in cash and never win sh!t the rest of his life. Well, maybe that's not true. He and Suter will be leading Team USA at the World's for a pretty long time, so maybe he'll win something.

Oh well. Time to move on. And time for me to buy a new jersey, because I'm not wearing that Parise one anymore.

Those contracts are just plain dumb, and I don't want anything to do with them. At the end of the day, the Devils will get along just fine without Zach. Not better off, at least in the short term. But fine.

I am wondering what sort of impact this will have in our locker room. In fact, I'm more worried about that than about what we are losing on the ice. Zach is a great player, but his production can and will be filled in by committee. A lot of our players are said to be very friendly with Zach, and I'm sure they'll miss him. I know, I know, they'll get on. But still, it hurts to see him go.

I look forward to seeing what moves Lamoriello will make now that we know that Zach is gone. There are potential trade opportunities and I am confident that he will ice a competitive team again like he always does.

Great post. Exactly how I feel

Oh well...13 years and $98 million is pure insanity for Zach. For that kind of coin, I'm glad he's not a Devil...no way he's worth that.

This just makes it all the more imperative to lock up Zajac. One thing at a time I know, but I want Lou on that like flies on sh!t.

Exactly, this was always a lose-lose for fans like I have said 100 times. It seems all the Devils fans ever wanted was for Parise to just love the state, the organization, and the fans. They wanted to be chosen. But at the end of the day, he is not worth close to this kind of contract. Not a fvcking chance. And if he had chosen the Devils, the honey moon would be pretty quick and the realization of how bad this deal is would quickly set in.

I'm excited for the fans of Minnesota. These are some of the best fans in sports that have had nothing good to cheer for since they came into the league really. This is a team that has been floundering for years. While they overpaid for some stars, it's something for them. And that's enough.

Now that my initial rage and disappointment has settled down a bit..

That is a horrible deal, all things considered. In no way, shape, or form should the Devils have committed that much money to him, especially having given Kovy his contract. That much money in two left wingers would have been a terrible, terrible idea.

The Devils can recover from this. Now, if Zajac leaves next year..that's a problem worth pulling some hair out over.

***IF ANYTHING HAS BEEN LEARNED FROM THIS, I HOPE IT'S THAT LOU SHOULD START CONTRACT TALKS WITH IMPENDING UFA'S BEFORE THE END OF JUNE

He had best start talking to Zajac in fvcking October.

Figures, he picks a horrible team for a ridiculous amount of money, just to play at home. I'm sure JP, the future wifey and his agent had lots to do with that decision. all about $. Well, I wish him well, and the fact he's playing in the west means we'll rarely see him.

Just annoyed at the fact now we'll probably go another season without anyone wearing the C

Exactly, this was always a lose-lose for fans like I have said 100 times. It seems all the Devils fans ever wanted was for Parise to just love the state, the organization, and the fans. They wanted to be chosen. But at the end of the day, he is not worth close to this kind of contract. Not a fvcking chance. And if he had chosen the Devils, the honey moon would be pretty quick and the realization of how bad this deal is would quickly set in.

I'm excited for the fans of Minnesota. These are some of the best fans in sports that have had nothing good to cheer for since they came into the league really. This is a team that has been floundering for years. While they overpaid for some stars, it's something for them. And that's enough.

Respond to me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.