‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

I'd be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs...I doubt they'll make much noise, but I think they'll make it.

Which, again, will have Wild fans going crazy.

Their team finished with 81 points last year. 95 points made the playoffs. Let's not forget they lost players like Zidlicky and Zanon - were they world-beaters, certainly not, but they were decent players. That's still an awful lot of ground to make up.

Their team finished with 81 points last year. 95 points made the playoffs. Let's not forget they lost players like Zidlicky and Zanon - were they world-beaters, certainly not, but they were decent players. That's still an awful lot of ground to make up.

Zidlicky was benched for much of the year and clearly was disinterested when he was playing. So his loss to the Wild has as about much impact as if the Devils had lost Harrold.

They'll be a better team this year, and I think Parise's intangibles (yes there is such a thing, although it might be overrated by some GMs) will have a multiplier effect of sorts.

Zidlicky was benched for much of the year and clearly was disinterested when he was playing. So his loss to the Wild has as about much impact as if the Devils had lost Harrold.

They'll be a better team this year, and I think Parise's intangibles (yes there is such a thing, although it might be overrated by some GMs) will have a multiplier effect of sorts.

Zidlicky played 41 games for Minnesota and got almost 21 minutes a game. He was scratched a few times, but he also missed a lot of games due to injury. It's clearly a loss.

Parise won't help their bag of garbage 2nd line get better.

After much consideration I really feel the main reason for the decision is: in Minnesota, Zach can give himself permission to fail.

Sure, I want to call him stupid and gutless, but that's not really so. He recognized he can't carry a team - that's smart. He knows being in that familiar childhood environment will protect him from feelings of inadequacy. He's preparing himself for inevitable failure. I mistakenly thought he was trying to engineer winning, but I was wrong. He is just making sure that failure is now a palatable part of the equation in the game of hockey. It's like pond hockey now -- or local league stuff. Zach is hoping he doesn't have to feel that real life pressure. He has his cushion set up all around him so his quality of life won't be diminished when they lose.

Suter is Zach's cheerleader - Not a legitimate piece of a winning puzzle but a happy idiot who just might make something happen for the Wild. "Hey it could happen heh heh" -- but if not - life is good for everyone all the same. At the end of the season you can crack open a cold one and say "there's always next year -- Now let's hit the lake! I'm drivin' Suter's got shot gun!"

The closest thing to a loser in the deal is Suter. Is he stupid or what? Detroit is the best of both worlds. I'm guessing they weren't interested in Zach -- or even there he might have felt too much pressure.

After much consideration I really feel the main reason for the decision is: in Minnesota, Zach can give himself permission to fail.

Sure, I want to call him stupid and gutless, but that's not really so. He recognized he can't carry a team - that's smart. He knows being in that familiar childhood environment will protect him from feelings of inadequacy. He's preparing himself for inevitable failure. I mistakenly thought he was trying to engineer winning, but I was wrong. He is just making sure that failure is now a palatable part of the equation in the game of hockey. It's like pond hockey now -- or local league stuff. Zach is hoping he doesn't have to feel that real life pressure. He has his cushion set up all around him so his quality of life won't be diminished when they lose.

Suter is Zach's cheerleader - Not a legitimate piece of a winning puzzle but a happy idiot who just might make something happen for the Wild. "Hey it could happen heh heh" -- but if not - life is good for everyone all the same. At the end of the season you can crack open a cold one and say "there's always next year -- Now let's hit the lake! I'm drivin' Suter's got shot gun!"

The closest thing to a loser in the deal is Suter. Is he stupid or what? Detroit is the best of both worlds. I'm guessing they weren't interested in Zach -- or even there he might have felt too much pressure.

Yea why thefvck did he pick Minnesota? Just to be with Parise?

H dn grow up in minn either.. He could've chosen Detroit but I guess he's an idiot

I was at the Rock last night taking my wife to see the Def Leppard concert, and I walked most of the place & there was absolutely no sign of anything related to ZP.

New stuff had pics of Henrique & his winning goal against the Rags, but Uncle Lou moved swiftly to erase everything related to # 9.

I was at the Rock last night taking my wife to see the Def Leppard concert, and I walked most of the place & there was absolutely no sign of anything related to ZP.

New stuff had pics of Henrique & his winning goal against the Rags, but Uncle Lou moved swiftly to erase everything related to # 9.

Good.. He is no longer part of this organization, so we should move on just like Zach did.

I wonder if that big painting of Parise, Martin, White, and Langenbrunnger/Gionta? is still up.

Where were those new pics located bvtw?

Edited by Zubie#8

Good to know. Fvck Zach...take care now, bye bye then!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.