‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Take this for what it's worth but my dad called me last night to tell me some rumors he had heard regarding Parise. My dad goes to the same physical therapist that works with a bunch of the Devils including Parise. The guy is actually going to Parise's wedding, so I guess they're somewhat close. The PT told my dad that Parise had been offered 8 years/$80 million with a $20 million signing bonus. This seems quite high to me and I don't necessarily believe it, but who knows. And how is it legal for teams to already be approaching Parise or floating offers? Does the signing bonus get spread over the life of the contract and contribute to the cap hit?

Take this for what it's worth but my dad called me last night to tell me some rumors he had heard regarding Parise. My dad goes to the same physical therapist that works with a bunch of the Devils including Parise. The guy is actually going to Parise's wedding, so I guess they're somewhat close. The PT told my dad that Parise had been offered 8 years/$80 million with a $20 million signing bonus. This seems quite high to me and I don't necessarily believe it, but who knows. And how is it legal for teams to already be approaching Parise or floating offers? Does the signing bonus get spread over the life of the contract and contribute to the cap hit?

Only the Devils can negotiate and formally make an offer at this point...and I don't think they are giving anyone a 20 million dollar signing bonus.

Only the Devils can negotiate and formally make an offer at this point...and I don't think they are giving anyone a 20 million dollar signing bonus.

Agree, sounds way out of whack. Unless there's some serious money coming in from this mystery investor.

With that Wild rumor, if true that they're willing to vastly outbid any other team, I think that's the landing spot.

Agree, sounds way out of whack. Unless there's some serious money coming in from this mystery investor.

With that Wild rumor, if true that they're willing to vastly outbid any other team, I think that's the landing spot.

i can't imagine anyone giving parise 8/80 in any capactity. and if some team does, i hope it's not the devils. that's a ton of money for a lot of years. only the devils can negotiate with him so if that offer is real, it can really only be from the devils and i just don't buy it.

if the wild will outbid everyone else, then i agree there's a pretty good chance he goes home.

to be honest chances are that if we see Zach in another jersey... that he'll be overpaid somewhere and eventually blamed for not living up to his contract

i know agents are seeking to get every single dollars out there, but i wonder if sometimes the agent and the player really go for a fair price to avoid a possible "worst contract in the NHL drama" even if they could get a little more, especially UFAs when the market price is cranked up. so that he doesnt have to go through that sh!t with fans and medias calling you out cause you don't produce enough ala Kaberle, Gomez, Heatley, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier, Wiz, Phaneuf etc etc

i know players have to believe in themselves and that you can't turn down a few extra millions... but i really wonder if theres a point where players are like "well if i get that money im gonna have to get 90+ points for the rest of my contract and im not quite sure i can pull it off, anything can happen... i'd rather play safe and get a fair price"

@TGfireandice

Parise said he wants to come back and "no way" he signs with Rangers

If he signs somewhere else, he should NO WAY be booed when he comes back to the Rock (unless of course he's lying). This is an absolutely AWESOME statement by Zach. I love this guy.

i hope the rags fans see that. it's made me sick to my stomach the last couple months with the way they talk about how zach is gonna sign with them. thats the last jersey i wanna see zach wearing.

They were as right about Parise wearing a blue jersey next year as Sather was about them winning the Cup. Joke of a fan-base, joke media outlets, and joke organization, most arrogant bunch of people in the league.

Edited by DJ Eco

doesn't mean he won't sign with minny or detroit but based on these comments, i would up my chances of parise staying to 80%.

as long as he's not wearing a rangers jersey. i can't fathom going to a devils/rangers game at the rock and seeing parise on the back of a rangers jersey.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Parise said it's possible he'll re-sign before July 1. Obviously, have to wait to see what happens.

Where's your Super Fast Machine German Boy ? Where ?!

; )

Edited by moustic

I dont' see Zach actually making much more per year, so I can see Lou giving him a Kovy like deal.

There aren't many teams with the space and a new CBA coming around. I have a feeling he signs here long term.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.