All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

Hey guys I was wondering what you're doing for jerseys for the stadium series game. Are you buying the retros at the devils den and getting the patch sewn on? Not sure where I want to buy my jersey and get it customized. Also, if I have a CCM classics jersey from a few years back, is that the same one they are wearing at the game? Is there a difference between the two?

Thanks!

Edited by NJDEVS1730

Hey guys I was wondering what you're doing for jerseys for the stadium series game. Are you buying the retros at the devils den and getting the patch sewn on? Not sure where I want to buy my jersey and get it customized. Also, if I have a CCM classics jersey from a few years back, is that the same one they are wearing at the game? Is there a difference between the two?

Thanks!

I took the below photo (on 1/3/14) of the Stadium Series jerseys that they're selling at the Devils Den. Based on the logo, they appear to be the replica CCM "Team Classics" version that they sell ever year. Side note: THANK GOD THERE'S NO CHROME LOGO!

Anyways, I'm not a fan of buying the jerseys from the Devils Den because they are expensive as hell and they heat press the nameplates/numbers on the jerseys (which also have the incorrect fonts btw). If you're in the NNJ area, you might want to check out Sports Minded Unlimited in Warren as I'm pretty sure they have a bunch of Stadium Series jerseys.

Also, the jerseys that are for sale to the public are CCM replicas and have the cut/sizing of CCM jerseys that were worn prior to the 2007 Reebok jersey modification. The Devils players wear an EDGE version of the jersey, which is cut differently, like the currently worn NHL jerseys:

http://devils.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=14685

To my knowledge, Reebok only released the authentic EDGE version of the jersey during the first year that the Devils had the vintage jersey night in 2010. I've scoured the internet for a few years and was only recently able to find someone willing to sell one of these puppies. I'm having the jersey stitched by Exclusive Pro Sports. The problem, however, is that I sent it to them before Thanksgiving and they still haven't finished it up. The quality, which is as good as you get considering they sew the Devils gameworn jerseys, is well worth the wait, but I want to be able to wear this jersey for the Stadium Series game!

EAEDC6C0-E0D0-4AAA-827B-17D5F3C67C2F_zps

Rumor is that the NHL's contract with Reebok to manufacture and supply the jerseys for all 30 teams will be extended past the 2016-17 season when the contract is up.

Also Reebok's parent company, Adidas, is thinking of putting their logo or wordmark on the jerseys in place of the Reebok wordmark when the new contract takes effect.

Just discovered that SportsK has CCM 550 vintage white xmas colored jerseys in stock. I've been looking for these for a while.

Vintage New Jersey Devils Jersey (White 1982-1992)

lol I posted the link to that over a month ago in the Stadium Series thread when they were $105.00.  I picked one up myself and sent it over to EPS and they should be done with it any day now.

lol I posted the link to that over a month ago in the Stadium Series thread when they were $105.00.  I picked one up myself and sent it over to EPS and they should be done with it any day now.

Ah they jacked up the price by $15?! I'll wait a month or two in hopes they drop the price back down.

Ah they jacked up the price by $15?! I'll wait a month or two in hopes they drop the price back down.

Yeah it seemed every week or 2 it went up $5.  A week after I bought it the price went to $110 and then to $115 recently.  I see they put it at $120 in the last week or so.

HAH!  I remember when SportsK sold the red retro jerseys for (I think) $98 - I think that was as recent as early last year.

I think both the red and white 1982-1992 jerseys have been popular sellers at SportsK.  I just picked up the white one myself last week.

One other note - I want to give a positive shout out to SportsK.  I recently ordered three hockey jerseys (the aforementioned white Devils retro CCM jersey, a blue Colorado Rockies retro CCM jersey, and a WHA Philadelphia Blazers K-1 jersey) plus a baseball (Phillies) jacket.  First, I received my order in one business day from Michigan (ordered on 12/31, received on 1/2; obviously 1/1 was a holiday), and second, they threw in a blue winter (knit) USA Hockey cap with my order.  This isn't the first time SportsK has given me very good customer service.  Last summer I tried ordering a red Devils retro CCM jersey in my size.  After I placed my order, SportsK got in touch with me by e-mail to indicate they mistakenly didn't have my size in stock (due to some package mislabeling by CCM) and they offered to take $10 off my order if I ordered a different size.  I said I wanted my regular size, but asked if I could order a different jersey and still get the discount.  They agreed with that idea, so I got $10 off my order when I ordered the matching pair (white/home and blue/road) of 1980 USA Hockey jerseys.  SportsK really seems to run a good operation.

was thinking about scooping up a retro with the stadium series patch from the den.. my buddy got one but my god the quality of them are really just so damn poor it makes me not want to even think about dropping the $170 or whatever he spent with his discount.. the A that they put on the front of it wasnt even the correct sizing it was way large and blocky and he wore the thing once on the second outing with it one of the numbers were already half way peeled off... on top of which the logo(particularly the white outlining on the crest) looks odd and not evenly sized... i dont know just disappointed if you want a jersey on the spot the den seems so convenient but they just make them like such sh!t

was thinking about scooping up a retro with the stadium series patch from the den.. my buddy got one but my god the quality of them are really just so damn poor it makes me not want to even think about dropping the $170 or whatever he spent with his discount.. the A that they put on the front of it wasnt even the correct sizing it was way large and blocky and he wore the thing once on the second outing with it one of the numbers were already half way peeled off... on top of which the logo(particularly the white outlining on the crest) looks odd and not evenly sized... i dont know just disappointed if you want a jersey on the spot the den seems so convenient but they just make them like such sh!t

I totally agree and I have always thought their customization was crap at the den. That's why I only go to EPS now.

But try to say this on hf boards or Facebook and you will be called a snob who is way too picky and that you should buy a $30 "wholesale" jerseys from china.

Or you could just wait until after the Olympics when they are $30 in the bargain bin. No one is buying them now as they look like crap so they will be much cheaper than usual for past-date jerseys.

Ehh, I'll take my chances spending $30 now then hoping I can find an authentic for $30 after. I highly doubt authentics will go as low as $30 after.

Ehh, I'll take my chances spending $30 now then hoping I can find an authentic for $30 after. I highly doubt authentics will go as low as $30 after.

What's wrong with the replica?

Do people really need an authentic of a team that will only really exist for 2 weeks? Just buy a replica after and get a cheap fight strap and sew it in if having a fight strap means so much.

What's wrong with the replica?

Do people really need an authentic of a team that will only really exist for 2 weeks? Just buy a replica after and get a cheap fight strap and sew it in if having a fight strap means so much.

I can be rough with it and put it through the washer and dryer and the numbers won't peel. I've never seen a replica jersey with everything stitched. 

I can be rough with it and put it through the washer and dryer and the numbers won't peel. I've never seen a replica jersey with everything stitched.

That's because most people order through devils den or shop.nhl.com where they heat press everything. I only use EPS and they stitch everything including my replicas.

Just got the same exact jersey back from exclusive pro today! Snagged one of the limited blank authentic retros back and 2010 and had kovy stripped for patty. Such a good job!

I bought it from someone on another message board. Took about two years of searching before I finally found one that the owner was willing to sell!

For whatever it is worth, it appears SportsK is now selling Kansas City Scouts road (blue) CCM Vintage Series jerseys.  You can also buy KC Scouts customized jerseys (though as others, most notably DevsMan84, have said, you might be able to get better customization elsewhere).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.