GDT: Devils @ Blackhawks (8:30PM EDT)

Marshall

Chaotic times means radical solutions. Maybe I'm a lucky charm? :unsure: Either way, it's my first GDT so finger's crossed. :koolaid:

Let's right the ship against the team the real slump started against late season.

NJD: 3-9-1 (7 pts)

CHI: 7-6-1 (15 pts)

FWIW, I think we can take a bite out of this club. They've been shaky and played very unevenly thus far. Kane's even been in Quenneville's doghouse at times and they got Bolland and Hossa injured, which in sequence means Sharp moved to center where he's less effective. They're still lethal on the PP (25%, 3rd in the league) so staying out of the box is extremely crucial.

Some of this perhaps?

Chicago+Blackhawks+v+New+Jersey+Devils+AFeni_sBVNwl.jpg

Edited by Marshall

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the blue jackets power play is ranked 24th but their record is 7-4.

Also, Montreal has the worst PP in the league right now and their record is 7-4-1 and they sit in first place......So I guess the PP isnt everything.

Edited by overtime98

the blue jackets power play is ranked 24th but their record is 7-4.

Also, Montreal has the worst PP in the league right now and their record is 7-4-1 and they sit in first place......So I guess the PP isnt everything.

True, but they're also close to the bottom in the amount of PP opportunities = PP not as big part of their game as other teams.

True, but they're also close to the bottom in the amount of PP opportunities = PP not as big part of their game as other teams.

Exactly.. All it is, is an opportunity. Its not a easy way to score a goal. I am pretty sure many fans view a PP as a easy way to score a goal. Its not easy when 4 players sit in a box or triangle and their main objective is to block as many passes and shots.

FWIW, I think we can take a bite out of this club. They've been shaky and played very unevenly thus far. Kane's even been in Quenneville's doghouse at times and they got Bolland and Hossa injured, which in sequence means Sharp moved to center where he's less effective.

Really, looking at my fantasy stats for the season he is on fire!!

So far my predictions of the Devils winning games and scoring goals have been hopeless, therefor:

9-1 to chicago with Toews with a hattrick and Marty getting our only goal.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Devils - Let's not even think about winning -- Lets just play hockey OK? It stands to reason that if you're PLAYING, I mean really playing things will be fine. At the very worst you'll learn something if you lose doing things right. Just get to the right PLACE for gawds sake men.

I've never thought the job is to win --- just play hockey is all I ask. It hasn't been happening. how do you tell hockey players to play hockey? I have no idea.

Don't worry about yourself, don't worry about being better. Just be where you have to be to make the game of hockey happen.

play that's all -- if you can't do that then feck yuz <_<

My orignal home team had a streak of 10 L's in a row last October. We were ranked last in the league. Just like the Devils, nothing got together and whatever we did, it turned out to be wrong. The story ends when we stood up, eventually made the playoffs ranked 5th, and nearly won the series against the what-later-turned-out-to-be-champion.

I wouldn't worry yet, even though it's disappointing. Just play hockey for tonight. Be a team, and act like one. Then it is all possible. :uni::koolaid: