GDT: Game One: Flyers at Devils 04/14/2010 7:30 PM

PattyElias26

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what's frustrating is when we lose, people are running around looking for someone to blame (Kovy, Rolston, etc) whether they really played bad or just had a few bad breaks, or did something a little boneheaded. when we win, it's all about predicting how many games til we start losing again. jesus when we do well, just take the win, when we lose, yeah it hurts and you want to know what happened, but sometimes it is what it is. you dwell on it all the time, yeah you're always gonna be pessimistic.

it's not so much bashing the team for playing like crap -- they didn't. they did essentially give the game to the flyers though. the flyers played mediocre and won. we pissed away a four minute power play on top of everything else and it really seemed like confidence was either lost on our end or gained on their end after boucher made ONE good save on kovalchuk in the first period. a lot of the shots went in his pads. could hear it from the top of the arena all night.

they still played well enough to win and didn't. i think people are frustrated about that. sometimes i'm watching these guys and i wonder where the heck their heads are. the woulda coulda shouldas really kill me. guess that's hockey...but we're better than that.

The way we shot straight at Boucher's pads and chest all night long you wouldve thought Gionta was still on our team.

And has anyone seen Patrik Elias? Remember him?

On the plus side, our fans sounded great and tried to push the team.

Hmmm, I actually thought Elias, along with Andy Greene, was our best player last night.

+1.

I hate the fact that since we got Kovy, everyone else has taken a step backward. It's like they no longer look for the open forward, now its "where is Kovy" and then just watch the play instead of getting involved.

how'd you get this out of that? I said he had most of the few legitimate scoring chances we have, and he's dumb as a rock. how do the other players go into that?