Vote: Edison vs Brodeur

msweet

http://www.nj.com/interact/2014/03/vote_now_in_true_jersey_final.html

Our True Jersey bracket is down to the Final Four. One top seed, two No. 2's and a No. 7 have advanced from each of the four brackets: Jersey-lebrities, Sports Figures, Politicians and Entertainers. Cast your vote in the two matchups below to decide who advances to Wednesday's final.

Think I gotta go with Edison...he's not openly wondering through the media if there's another state that will give him more time to invent the lightbulb next year.

The two semifinal matchups remind of the 2011 and 1996 Final Fours (men's basketball) - two heavyweights in one semifinal (Edison vs Brodeur), two surprises in the other semifinal (Bon Jovi vs Woodrow Wilson).

Honestly, I'd have to pick Edison over Marty.  I'm much more appalled that Jon Bon Jovi, who frankly sucks and has always sucked (I was a teenager in the late 1980s; I know bad hair metal when I hear it), beat out Bruce Springsteen.

On a more positive note, you have to like how three teams from the same conference Devils members made the tournament and that one of them won his region.  (Additionally, another indirect Devils link, Brendan Byrne, won a game poll in his "region".)

It's too bad traffic circles and jughandles couldn't have made the tournament. :)

Edited by CHIP72

Edison is a hack and blatantly stole all of his inventions from tesla. Ok maybe that's exaggeration but the point stands. The man was steadfast in his belief that direct current was better than alternating current, he was 100% about his financial interests, nothing else.

Edit: Squishy beat me to it sorry squish didn't see your post yet.

Edited by dmann422

Edison is a hack and blatantly stole all of his inventions from tesla. Ok maybe that's exaggeration but the point stands. The man was steadfast in his belief that direct current was better than alternating current, he was 100% about his financial interests, nothing else.

Edit: Squishy beat me to it sorry squish didn't see your post yet.

I will never forgive you.

Think I gotta go with Edison...he's not openly wondering through the media if there's another state that will give him more time to invent the lightbulb next year.

It can be argued that he actually wasn't the one who invented the light bulb.  He did however invent the filament which revolutionized the lighting industry.

It can be argued that he actually wasn't the one who invented the light bulb.  He did however invent the filament which revolutionized the lighting industry.

So you're saying that there's a realistic possibility that he invented the light bulb, but not a realistic expectation that he did?

Pretty sure Edison invented the motion picture and phonograph. Edison is freaking brilliant (no pun intended) Marty is a stupid hockey player. Voting for Marty is akin to voting for Bon Jovi.  

This guy is considered to be the pioneer of motion pictures in many circles.  Built the first movie studio and everything:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_M%C3%A9li%C3%A8s

Pretty sure Edison invented the motion picture and phonograph. Edison is freaking brilliant (no pun intended) Marty is a stupid hockey player. Voting for Marty is akin to voting for Bon Jovi.  

Hard to argue against that really. Then again, the other semifinal is Bon Jovi vs. Woodrow Wilson. I'm not a Bon Jovi fan really but if I vote for "It's My Life" over the Federal Reserve Act am I being ignorant/immature?

Really, one guy is from Ohio, another from Canada, and another from Virginia. The last is from Sayreville. This is probably a classic New Jersey bundle, a state where so many come to seek their fortunes. Also a fascinating mix of politics, academics, music, science, and sports. Too bad we can't vote by category.

Hard to argue against that really. Then again, the other semifinal is Bon Jovi vs. Woodrow Wilson. I'm not a Bon Jovi fan really but if I vote for "It's My Life" over the Federal Reserve Act am I being ignorant/immature?

No, you would not be ignorant.  Wilson was a weak President at best.