25 replies to this topic

#21 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Food: The old Brendan Byrne/CAA tailgate. Nothing like playoff time in May, rolling up to the parking lot and seeing the grills out in full force. The single most missed thing for me from that place. (I also miss getting out of the arena immediately. Who the hell designed the clusterfvck that is Prudential Center in terms of exiting? The architect should be shot)

Do you not remember the cattle like shuffling to the exits on a particularly full game in the CAA?

#22 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

For the swag, I am partial to the full-sized John MacLean growth chart
Posted Image

#23 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Do you not remember the cattle like shuffling to the exits on a particularly full game in the CAA?

I never really had a problem exiting. There was what, Gates A, B, C, D with about 12 doors at each one. I was out the door and in my car in a flash....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#24 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

I never really had a problem exiting. There was what, Gates A, B, C, D with about 12 doors at each one. I was out the door and in my car in a flash....

You get stuck inbetween when the crowd let's out it felt like one should start mooing it got bad in those small corridors.

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,855 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Exiting the building was one thing, exiting the complex was another. Especially when they made you drive all the way around the Meadowlands going .5 KM per hour to get to one little highway entrance.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 August 2012 - 08:10 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#26 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

Exiting the building was one thing, exiting the complex was another. Especially when they made you drive all the way around the Meadowlands going .5 KM per hour to get to one little highway entrance.

You fellas had to be strategic! Park in a location nearest the exit towards where you needed to be. I got on 3 West in the blink of an eye on most night leaving the old barn...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users