2013 Jets Thread

NJDevs4978

WinSLOW is what?? You are a homer. I am sure Winslow is now a Hall Famer in your estimation.

You know zilch about football. I swear you must've taken the sport up maybe 2 years ago

Show me 1 full season where Keller was better than Winslow

If you're taking about Winslow from 5 years ago. Maybe we can bring Jay Novachek out of retirement.

Keller was set to be a beast this year, and was one of the few bright spots on the Jets offense when he could stay healthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you're taking about Winslow from 5 years ago. Maybe we can bring Jay Novachek out of retirement. Keller was set to be a beast this year, and was one of the few bright spots on the Jets offense when he could stay healthy. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Winslow is only 1 year removed from an excellent season with Tampa. It's not like his last productive season was 5 years ago.

Keller was a bad blocking tight end. He was a decent receiver. Overall a pretty good player. But let's not overrate him.

Edited by '7'

He's probably seething now after Sanchez's own stupid turnover and to add injury to insult they got him hurt playing with a second-string line.  I didn't really see the point of that either though.  God, this game couldn't have gone worse for the sham of a QB competition.  Geno with three turnovers and one stupid Dan Orlovsky-type safety and Sanchez gives a fumble away and gets banged up just when it looks like he's about to be gifted the job by default.

Apparently the only way you can look good as a QB on the Jets is to wear a baseball cap.

Edited by NJDevs4978

And now we have OT in a preseason game lmfao.  

But really it's kinda sad that the one thing Geno had going for him before tonight was he wasn't Sanchez...and the one thing Sanchez had going for him was his durability.  So much for the former and who knows about the latter at this point :P

Well who knows what happened to that shoulder, but I thought it was much worse when he was laying on the field. He popped up, tried to throw a few warmups and then called it a night.

Strange thing is that he looked really good on the few throws before that

Geno looked horrible for the most part. But it can be excused with him since he's a rookie. 2 of the picks were really bad. The other was sort of his fault as well but I'd like to see more fight out of the receiver since the ball was in his hands. Kyle Wilson was terrible. He belongs in the slot exclusively. Ball is being thrown to his receiver and he doesn't even turn his head around.

Rex dialed up some regular blitz packages. Nothing special. Still other than the fluke 1st play of the game, the Giants did very little offensively. Sheldon Richardson looked terrific.

Stephen Hill caught everything today, can't fumble the ball though. Kellen Winslow looked very good.

Edited by '7'

I can't get over Coughlin icing the kicker (TWICE) in OT of a preseason game.  Pure hilarity.

why he didn't just go for the win in regulation? Instead he choses the "safe" field goal attempt. Something about Coughlin. I just can't stand the guy.

Rex completely lost his mind in the press conference (it was on the NFLN)...couldn't adequately explain why he had Sanchez in the game playing behind second-string linemen, got defensive when he was pushed and looked rattled jerking his head all over the place.  If Sanchez is actually out for a long time that's kind of a fireable offense.  I mean Sanchez isn't all that great but to lose your most experienced QB in the fourth quarter of a preseason game with guys who'll be bagging groceries in a couple weeks blocking for him is ridiculous.

Rex completely lost his mind in the press conference (it was on the NFLN)...couldn't adequately explain why he had Sanchez in the game playing behind second-string linemen, got defensive when he was pushed and looked rattled jerking his head all over the place.  If Sanchez is actually out for a long time that's kind of a fireable offense.  I mean Sanchez isn't all that great but to lose your most experienced QB in the fourth quarter of a preseason game with guys who'll be bagging groceries in a couple weeks blocking for him is ridiculous.

but they were playing against the Giants second stringers as well. So it's not absolutely crazy. It's not like he had Sanchez out there against Lawrence Taylor.

1st stringer vs 1st stringers...2nd stringers vs 2nd stringers, unless you didn't want Sanchez to play at all, that injury could've happened if Sanchez started as well (Geno took some hits)

That was the worst excuse of a football game. Both teams were awful. Giants continue their tradition of settling for field goals in the red zone. Jets basically are trying to ruin Smith before the reg. season. Ryan is a puppet. Can't believe Coughlin iced both kickers. It should've just ended in a tie. What's the point of playing overtime when it doesn't count? Stevie Wilson went down for us. And Sanchez again makes you feel sorry for him. He is so unfairly treated. Then turns it over comically epitomizing his career. Jets showed a decent pass rush. But both ex-Cowboy kickers stink. If anything, that game showed how unprepared both teams are.

but they were playing against the Giants second stringers as well. So it's not absolutely crazy. It's not like he had Sanchez out there against Lawrence Taylor.

1st stringer vs 1st stringers...2nd stringers vs 2nd stringers, unless you didn't want Sanchez to play at all, that injury could've happened if Sanchez started as well (Geno took some hits)

You don't need to be a first-stringer to rush the passer, especially when line breakdowns happen with inexperienced players that don't play with each other all that much.  It's dumb...if you're going to play Sanchez at least give him the first-string offensive line.

Rex made himself look like a big buffoon after the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpAOL7OofSE

I'm the biggest anti-Sanchez guy here yet I even recognize that he shouldn't have been in there at all. If there was any chance he was going to be the starter come Week 1, which seemed pretty likely about 1.5 quarters into last night's game, he just can't be in there. If they wanted to give Sanchez some reps, do it in Week 4 for a few drives with the first team, even if you're facing the other team's backups, not in the middle of the 4th quarter in this game. Just really strange. 

Edited by nmigliore

Rex made himself look like a big buffoon after the game.

I'm the biggest anti-Sanchez guy here yet I even recognize that he shouldn't have been in there at all. If there was any chance he was going to be the starter come Week 1, which seemed pretty likely about 1.5 quarters into last night's game, he just can't be in there. If they wanted to give Sanchez some reps, do it in Week 4 for a few drives with the first team, even if you're facing the other team's backups, not in the middle of the 4th quarter in this game. Just really strange.

Honestly, this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't moves.

If Sanchez doesn't go in there, Rex is blamed for not giving him as many reps as possible, or messing with Sanchez's confidence.

Honestly, this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't moves.

If Sanchez doesn't go in there, Rex is blamed for not giving him as many reps as possible, or messing with Sanchez's confidence.

I believe the thought was to get Sanchez some confidence against Giant back-ups. That just backfired.

Honestly, this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't moves. If Sanchez doesn't go in there, Rex is blamed for not giving him as many reps as possible, or messing with Sanchez's confidence.

..bingo

It's hysterical how Rex is being taken to task about putting Sanchez in there to try and win a meaningless game. Yet Tom Coughlin extended the game on 3 occasions.. 1 FG to head into OT, and 2 TO's to ice the kickers --which both worked.. yet he's not reckless for trying to win the same stupid preseason game?? Stevie Brown is gone for the year thanks to the opening kick-off in overtime, and somehow TC's teflon.

Edited by Beezer34

Honestly, this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't moves. If Sanchez doesn't go in there, Rex is blamed for not giving him as many reps as possible, or messing with Sanchez's confidence. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, this is pretty much an impossible spot for Rex, it really is.  I think we all know that the Jets would love for Smith to be the guy, but they want Sanchez to be ready too, in case Smith isn't quite ready, but they also want to be able to replace Sanchez with Smith as soon as Sanchez falters.  They seem to want to be prepared for every possible scenario, without really committing to anything.  I think Rex's head is spinning right now, and I think as a head coach that has seen some of his power stripped, I think he's being put in the position of looking like the bad guy. 

I'm not saying Rex hasn't made his share of mistakes, but he's in a terrible spot right now...he's about to enter his fifth year, and probably loses his job after the season if he doesn't win some games.  If he bites the bullet and commits to Smith, who clearly looks like he needs work, the Jets are very likely to have a rough year, and Rex will get canned.  But the organization doesn't seem like it's willing to offer Sanchez much in the way of confidence and/or support, so how is Rex supposed to win with him?  It's feeling more and more like the Jets should've just shown Rex and Sanchez the door.