The Movies thread!

CRASHER

Back from the dead!

Argo is another good example of a great movie that starts out with the payoff already known. Not sure of everybody else's opinion, but I thought Argo elevated Ben Affleck to the Robert Redford / Clint Eastwood level of actors turned directors.

Also, I still do the occasional film review, so here's a few of my recent ones. Les Mis should be getting a review tonight, but your enjoyment of Les Mis hinges on how much you enjoy muscials and the source material. I enjoyed it for what it is but if it weren't for Anne Hathaway's brilliant performance, it would have been a real disaster.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to get Abe Lincoln Vampire Killer for ipad on my flight home tonight. Anyone see and or recommend?

I enjoyed it a lot actually......it wasn't too goofy and told a story which just sounded to be total absurdity and did it in a very credible and believable way.....

• 7 months later...

finally the trailer for RoboCop 

I confess i'm on the hype train because the director is brazilian, and mostly because the last two movies of him were brilliant, seriously if you haven't watched "Elite Squad 1" and "Elite Squad 2: enemy Within" , do yourself  a favor go on the link below pay four bucks and watch the first movie  porra!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007WCZJF0/ref=atv_dp_gtv_hd_sib

if  you did not like the movie for whatever reason go to a hospital take a MRI scam cause you probably have brain tumor...

Now the second one is even easier to watch Both Netflix and Amazon Prime have the title for free.

Of course my hype took a dive straight dow to  a pile a sh!t, when i was announced the studio decided to make the movie as PG-13 rated, after that rumors startin circulating that Padilha wasn't so happy doing the movie because he didn't have much "creative liberty". 

But after watching the trailer i kind regained the hype i lost, of course the movie isn't gonna be as good as the original, but is not gonna a bad remake either.

So this my take on this movies.

And watch the freakign goddam movies i cited already...

finally the trailer for RoboCop 

I confess i'm on the hype train because the director is brazilian, and mostly because the last two movies of him were brilliant, seriously if you haven't watched "Elite Squad 1" and "Elite Squad 2: enemy Within" , do yourself  a favor go on the link below pay four bucks and watch the first movie  porra!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007WCZJF0/ref=atv_dp_gtv_hd_sib

if  you did not like the movie for whatever reason go to a hospital take a MRI scam cause you probably have brain tumor...

Now the second one is even easier to watch Both Netflix and Amazon Prime have the title for free.

Of course my hype took a dive straight dow to  a pile a sh!t, when i was announced the studio decided to make the movie as PG-13 rated, after that rumors startin circulating that Padilha wasn't so happy doing the movie because he didn't have much "creative liberty". 

But after watching the trailer i kind regained the hype i lost, of course the movie isn't gonna be as good as the original, but is not gonna a bad remake either.

So this my take on this movies.

And watch the freakign goddam movies i cited already...

It looks ok, kind of getting sick of these remakes though, the original looks better, not a fan of the car bomb either........

Went to see "We are the Millers" yesterday, and it was better than i expected, i thought the trailer might have all the best moments but actually there is a lot of funny stuff in that movie. Well worth a watch if you dont want to be challenged and just want a laugh and to relax.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

RoboCop was badass enough to not need a reboot, but the trailer looks pretty sick. And the guy playing Murphy is tremendous in The Killing, so I'm pretty excited about that casting choice.

Any Paul Verhoeven movie is fantastic.  If you ever watch any of his movies check to see if he is doing commentary as he is always great on those as well.

He once was asked why does his movies have so much blood.  His response was basically that when a person is shot multiple times in the body there will always be blood squirting all over the place so why not?

It looks ok, kind of getting sick of these remakes though, the original looks better, not a fan of the car bomb either........

Went to see "We are the Millers" yesterday, and it was better than i expected, i thought the trailer might have all the best moments but actually there is a lot of funny stuff in that movie. Well worth a watch if you dont want to be challenged and just want a laugh and to relax.

The car bomb thing i'm pretty sure is  courtesy of the PG-13 rating...

Also a few months ago i watched " The Last Gladiators" i was quite surprise because i was expecting a documentary that pointed the finger to hockey because of the "Violence" of the sport, But the first part of the documentary felt like a tribute for the enforcer/fighter/goon. even glorifying the their role on the team.

The second part was just on Nilan's downfall and trying to get his life back together, and again i was surprised that they didn't point the finger on hockey and state that his role as fighter was the sole culprit of Nilan's problems, of course they suggest that hockey was played a part on his fall from grace, but for me there is big difference in suggesting and stating...

Finally i enjoyed even more the documentary because i only been watching hockey for four years and i still learning the history of hockey.

• 3 years later...