Lots of people on today

I wasn't quite sure this deserved its own thread but I figured it would get lost in the free agent discussions:

I was just looking at the number of people on and it seems there's almost as many people on now as there were on deadline day. Site's holding up pretty well... and no ugly "bandwidth-saving" skins, either. :D

Yea!

After this crush I guess we should update to the latest and greatest software. IPB claims a lot of optimizations on int.

Supposedly. It seems they fixed a problem they had with another update where it was killing even the sturdiest of servers.

I've been running a test board against a backup of the AHLFans.net database for a few days. (I used that instead of simply installing a fresh copy because I wanted to see how an upgrade would go.) Most of the updates seem to be behind the scenes (the admin panel's been redone), but there are some changes to the users' experience, including a second default skin. Speaking of skins, it looks like your skin vendor has kept up with the changes.

Good job guys.

What was the new record Rowdy?

It's on the front page. :P

"Most users ever online was 233 on Today, 08:03 PM"

Old record was 183, I believe.

Supposedly. It seems they fixed a problem they had with another update where it was killing even the sturdiest of servers.

I've been running a test board against a backup of the AHLFans.net database for a few days. (I used that instead of simply installing a fresh copy because I wanted to see how an upgrade would go.) Most of the updates seem to be behind the scenes (the admin panel's been redone), but there are some changes to the users' experience, including a second default skin. Speaking of skins, it looks like your skin vendor has kept up with the changes.

It's on the front page. :P

"Most users ever online was 233 on Today, 08:03 PM"

Old record was 183, I believe.

Damn Rowdy, I was just wondering if the Skin would make the jump. Good info thanks.