Ryan Carter

njdevil26

• 2 years later...

To be fair...  we passed on him in this thread.

He cleared waivers in 2010 and wound up being traded to Carolina...

Carolina traded him later that season to Florida...

Florida waived him in October 2011...  where we claimed him.

Carter and Bernier really have been tremendous finds for the Devils.  The play their roles perfectly and are aggressive on the forecheck.  Love what they have brought to the team.

Agreed...  although Bernier to me will always be a bust.     Still valuable to us...  but he was taken ahead of Parise, Getzlaf, Burns, Kesler, Richards and Perry all taken after him in the 1st round.

Agreed...  although Bernier to me will always be a bust.     Still valuable to us...  but he was taken ahead of Parise, Getzlaf, Burns, Kesler, Richards and Perry all taken after him in the 1st round.

then you have to remember that Kostitsyn and Jessiman we're picked before Bernier. :P

Can someone please enlighten me as to what the hell is happening in this thread? I open it and I'm like great this is probably gonna be a bash Carter, bench Carter yadda yadda yadda thread, nope. Okay, did someone goof on a name/thread title? nope? What's happening? Was this like a gag thread?