584 replies to this topic

#441 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

I think I require some more info on this one. Sounds right up my alley.

Everclear Tix (For july 18th at roseland) presale right now, real sale friday (3/30)

also onsale soon for PNC on july 24th
POTATO!!!

#442 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

I am freaking EXCITED to see that Killswitch Engage is playing at the Rock in August!!!! :boogie: :boogie:

815631765.gif

#443 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

I don't know if anyone else here is/was a Van Halen fan. But I have to say that they kicked ass both last night and Tuesday night at MSG. Eddie Van Halen showed why he is still the greatest living rock guitarist in the world, even after all these years. And it is so exciting to see David Lee Roth back where he belongs, on stage fronting VH. He is the ultimate hard rock showman. Good times.

I saw them in Philly. I would agree that EVH was incredible. He is a legend. Maybe it was the nostalgia, maybe my standards have been lowered but it was one of the best concerts I've ever been too. DLR seemed a bit stiff and forced but who cares. The songs rocked and the band sounded like they did 20+ years ago.

The new songs were meh.

Go see this concert!
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#444 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

I saw them in Philly. I would agree that EVH was incredible. He is a legend. Maybe it was the nostalgia, maybe my standards have been lowered but it was one of the best concerts I've ever been too. DLR seemed a bit stiff and forced but who cares. The songs rocked and the band sounded like they did 20+ years ago.

The new songs were meh.

Go see this concert!

Right on! Now that he's all cleaned up, Eddie's been playing his best in years. And yes, Dave can't move around like he used to, but he still knows how to work the crowd.

It looks like I will be going at least one more time. They recently added a second leg, including Philly (7-11-12) and East Rutherford (7-13-12).

#445 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuushhh at the Rock right after next season starts. :hail:
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#446 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuushhh at the Rock right after next season starts. :hail:

I really hope to be able to go to that show.

#447 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Can't wait for Rammstein tonight! Neither of my hernias are going to stop me! I'm still sore from a benefit show last night at the Brighton Bar.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#448 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

Got tix yesterday for System of a Down and The Deftones @ PNC August 4th...

going to be EPIC

i also saw Mastodon and Opeth a few weeks ago... Opeth didnt play long enough, but were still awesome. Mastodon is crazy live

Edited by Microwavepizza, 03 May 2012 - 09:32 AM.

POTATO!!!

#449 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Let's see...

Saw Kraftwerk last month at MoMA. That was nifty.

Just got tickets for Sigur Ros at the Mann Center in Philly in July 29th, and will be purchasing tickets to Death Cab at Wellmont Theater when they go on sale tomorrow.

I still want to go to at least one festival this year, but I'm not sure that's happening at this point.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#450 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

Got tix yesterday for System of a Down and The Deftones @ PNC August 4th...

going to be EPIC

i also saw Mastodon and Opeth a few weeks ago... Opeth didnt play long enough, but were still awesome. Mastodon is crazy live

I just learned that System of a Down will be coming to PNC today, I can't wait to finally see them again! I will also be going to see Iron Maiden next month in Camden, too bad they won't be stopping at PNC though.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#451 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

I just learned that System of a Down will be coming to PNC today, I can't wait to finally see them again! I will also be going to see Iron Maiden next month in Camden, too bad they won't be stopping at PNC though.

nice! a good friend of mine has seen Maiden a bunch of times and said they are amazing live

I havent seen System yet, looking forward to it (i have tix in 302 thanks to SOAD presale) ive seen The Deftones 3 times, really excellent life
POTATO!!!

#452 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

nice! a good friend of mine has seen Maiden a bunch of times and said they are amazing live

I havent seen System yet, looking forward to it (i have tix in 302 thanks to SOAD presale) ive seen The Deftones 3 times, really excellent life

Yea I saw Iron Maiden a few years back when they only played songs from Powerslave and earlier, it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. I saw System of a Down a year or two before that at Ozzfest and it was just alright because they had a shortened set since there were so many bands plus I was exhausted from being out in the sun seeing all the other bands all day long, so this will probably be different.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#453 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

Just bitched out 2 Rags fans at RCHP!!!
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#454 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Is it okay to be jealous of how much weed I smell at the rock right now?!
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#455 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Saw thrash metal veterans Overkill last night at Best Buy Theater in NYC, and they were awesome. I hadn't seen them live since the late 80s. Lead singer Bobby Blitz Ellsworth is still lean, mean and full of energy. He hasn't lost a step. And the band sounds exactly like they did back then. The best part about the show was when Blitz acknowledged the Rangers big Game 7 win against the Caps, he said he is a Devils fan! I always wished that the Devils would play an Overkill song once in a while during home games. Some of their tunes would fit in perfectly at a hockey game. Plus, the band hails from from New Jersey!

#456 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Saw thrash metal veterans Overkill last night at Best Buy Theater in NYC, and they were awesome. I hadn't seen them live since the late 80s. Lead singer Bobby Blitz Ellsworth is still lean, mean and full of energy. He hasn't lost a step. And the band sounds exactly like they did back then. The best part about the show was when Blitz acknowledged the Rangers big Game 7 win against the Caps, he said he is a Devils fan! I always wished that the Devils would play an Overkill song once in a while during home games. Some of their tunes would fit in perfectly at a hockey game. Plus, the band hails from from New Jersey!

They have been on my mental list of bands to check out for like ten years now. Maybe after reading that story I will finally get to it haha.
--John Buccigross

#457 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

Saw After the Burial. Miss May I, and WHITECHAPEL at Freebird Live in Jacksonville Fla last wednesday. Was a pretty awesome show, definitely got punched in the face in the pit and was bleeding all over the place uncontrollably. I was wearing my Defend Jersey shirt so I thought it was appropriate to see it covered in blood.

#458 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

Concert calendar:

5/30 - River City Extension/The Drowning Men, Maxwell's, Hoboken
7/19 - Death Cab For Cutie/Surfer Blood, Wellmont Theater, Montclair
7/21 - Everclear/Sugar Ray/Gin Blossoms/Lit/Marcy Playground, PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel
7/29 - Sigur Ros, Skyline Stage @ Mann Center, Philadelphia

I really need to add to this. Maybe Catalpa Festival in NYC, or System Of A Down/Deftones at the Arts Center.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#459 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Seeing Flogging Molly at the Bethlehen Sands Event Center next Thursday (5/24). The venue will only have been open for a little over a week when I get there...no idea what to expect.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#460 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

My concerts for the next few months (So Far)

5/25 - Garbage - Atlantic City
6/18 - Everclear/Sugar Ray/Gin Blossoms/Lit/Marcy Playground - Roseland Ballroom
*6/29 - Reel Big Fish and Goldfinger (not sure if i WILL go, but i want to)

8/4 - System of a Down and Deftones - PNC Bank Arts Center

ive thought about going to see Shadows Fall and Fear Factory at gramercy theater... but my metal friends are not around and i will die if i go haha

Edited by Microwavepizza, 14 May 2012 - 11:49 AM.

POTATO!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users