GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes 7:00 PM EST

Devil Fan

im watching this weird olmypic sport of sking and shooting targets with friggen guns.. Al Tratwig keeps saying, " The Russians are shooting great today"... hopefullythis follows up to tonight!

That sport is called biathlon :D Germany just won its first (silver) medal in that competition :clap:

Of course I wouldn't mind the Russians shooting great either, maybe along with the Czechs and Lithuanians.

:gd:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really excited to watch the beatdown we're about to put on Carolina after last night's game. I understand Marty starting again tonight, because, well.. he's Marty. But there is absolutely zero reason to put Salmela out there for this 1 game before the break. Our defense was great last night outside of the one goal that Salvador should have had better position on. Stick with our defense from last night and play it safe.

Pregame time...does anybody else like the Canes black jerseys? I am sorry to all those purists/traditionalists, BUT....A Devils black jersey would look AWESOME! EDIT: McAmmond out with an "upper body injury"? We must lead the league in these U.B.I.'s...

Edited by ThreeCups

Let's hope we can bury one on this PP...Kovy needs to get some room out EDIT: I think it is time to move Kovy off of the point on EVERY PP...there simply is NO room for him to do anything....mix it up, some PP's put him on point and some on the wing?

Edited by ThreeCups

I'm going to start changing the channel on all Devils' power plays. It's simply too frustrating to watch. I don't think I have seen a PP that gets less respect by the other team than the Devils' PP.

PK strategy: Swarm Devil with puck.

Result: Loss of possession, bad passes, and/or shorthanded opportunities.

P.S. These defensive zone turnovers are outrageous yet a nightly commodity.

Games are becoming painful to watch.

Becoming?

Edited by Biggie B

I could have sworn the PP was actually good early in the season, those MSG stats are telling. 21.9% and 4th in the league through the first half of the season and since then 8.9% and last in the league. How does that happen exactly?!

It is perplexing. Must be opposing coaches watching tape and figuring out how to make our Power Play POWER-LESS.

I could have sworn the PP was actually good early in the season, those MSG stats are telling. 21.9% and 4th in the league through the first half of the season and since then 8.9% and last in the league. How does that happen exactly?!

Complete lack of any physical presence on the ice....

Other teams make a monkey out of our PP it's like was said. They just rush the guy with the puck and he loses it simple. Keep everything to the perimeter and deny any good chances. So frustrating. Watching the canes play it reminded me of what it was like to watch a high flying high effort team.

That started off real well and once again the Power Play getting worse and worse = everything starting to suck.

McAmmond's out, yeah I thought something was off.

Salmela needs to be out next. He wasn't real good last game and he's -10 on that giveaway. Murph played well last night, wonder why he didn't get in again.

Yeah there's just no creativity on the power play and the puck movement is slow and telegraphed. It's really sad. More cross-ice passes to guys in open position will help but on entry we always wind up with 3-4 guys overloading one side, so there's no way to take advantage of the extra space. Guys need to think faster. Martin should help.

I'd really like to go see what we were doing when we were 4th in the league on the PP instead of last at 8.9. The first half of this season was like a dream with the high PP and all the scoring and winning.

Edited by Cowutopia